Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The Blackstar Chronicles Novelization/Character Names

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

We just reached 100 comments! ^_^

Good book to read through when I'm bored. It also keeps me interested in SL along with all this stuff I compiled for a lore book. Levelling is still too boring in this game -_-

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

It's been a long time, but I finally have an update on my novel. I've gotten a lot of feedback from a book club group on figment, and will be working on rewriting Blackstar Chronicles to fix some of things that they pointed out. Hopefully I'll have the rewrite for chapter one posted shortly.
    Last edited by Battlegrinder; 01-21-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Update on chapter 1 2.0: I'm about 3/4 of the way done, and I'm hoping to be able to get it posted on Thursday or Friday depending on school work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Chapter 1 rewrite is finally out! I've made some major changes, fixed most of the holes, and I'm very happy with the result of my labors.

Vance Dawes was just looking for the chance to earn a few more credits when he moved out to the frontier. He hadn't expected to start the heroics on the way out, but his transport was hijacked by pirates, he didn't really have any other choice.

As always, let me know what you think, I appreciate the feedback!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Hey, Battle! I'll read your book again tonight and tell you what I think.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Status Update: Chapter 2 rewrite is nearly done, and with any luck I'll have it uploaded before the weekend is out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Ok, Chapter 2 has been rewritten and uploaded, along with a new set of glossary upadates and an in-depth analysis of the Vular as part of the new Data File system (I reworked the concept a little to fit in with the new style I'm writing in. Data Files will be long, in-depth examination of material from the story, while the glossary will be used to track the shorter bits).
    I've made a few changes during the rewrite. The characters have all been given a little more depth, a few scenes have been changed, but most importantly, I replaced Alice Young with Karaai Horoshi. Alice was created as a placeholder while I developed the main cast, so replacing her won't do much to the story.

I've gotten a few comments from the figment community that my first version was a little short on description. I've been trying to fix that in the new draft, and would appreciated any feedback regarding how well I'm doing or how much more I need to add.
    Also, if anyone has ideas for an operative character, I could use the ideas. I only have one operative so far, and she's getting lonely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Bumping this beautiful thread to the top. Do you mind if I try and come up with an operative character for you, Battle?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Bumping this beautiful thread to the top. Do you mind if I try and come up with an operative character for you, Battle?
    I'd love it if you gave me more ideas, especially character suggestions. An operative would be especially useful, since I only have one right know, and there are a few situations were I don't want to use her/it (what's the pronoun for a robot that has a semi-female personality?).

In other news, I'm hoping to have the rewrite of chapter 3 out by next Friday, provided schoolwork doesn't get in the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Chapter 3 is about halfway done (schoolboy got in the way), and I'm planning to have it posted by Sunday. I should be able to make more regular updates from this point on, since the school year is winding down and I'll have more time to write.
    Last edited by Battlegrinder; 04-16-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I just realized that this thread is the 4th most viewed thread on the SL general discussion page. Wow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrinder:1060483
    I just realized that this thread is the 4th most viewed thread on the SL general discussion page. Wow.
    Yup. You're doing good! Keep at it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

New update: Chapter 3 is due by the end of the week (again). Blasted finals.
    I've made a major decision regarding the long term goal for my novel. Instead of having one book contain the entire story of SL, I'm going to break it up between two. The current novel will be re-titled, and will be about the events of Dynastar to Shipyard. The second book will be about the Scorn war and the aftermath of that conflict. A third book is not impossible, but unlikely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrinder:1076438
    New update: Chapter 3 is due by the end of the week (again). Blasted finals.
    I've made a major decision regarding the long term goal for my novel. Instead of having one book contain the entire story of SL, I'm going to break it up between two. The current novel will be re-titled, and will be about the events of Dynastar to Shipyard. The second book will be about the Scorn war and the aftermath of that conflict. A third book is not impossible, but unlikely.
    I know how that feels. Fortunately, I may have my big project finished this weekend also so I'll actually have the time to do all the things I kept promising to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Chapter 3 is finally out. Ironically starting classes has meant that I now have more time to work on my novel, so I'm hoping to get a more regular schedule going from now on. Happy reading, and as always I welcome your feedback!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Can u pls use my character,(NEO) Neo is a bounty hunter who would kill anyone for Creditrs and fame..If u could pls add him in the story i would be grateful..TY..sorry if i wasted ur time xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneo View Post
    Can u pls use my character,(NEO) Neo is a bounty hunter who would kill anyone for Creditrs and fame..If u could pls add him in the story i would be grateful..TY..sorry if i wasted ur time xD
    I think I could find a use for Neo. Thanks for your suggestion! And getting feedback/suggestions is never a waste of my time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrinder View Post
    I think I could find a use for Neo. Thanks for your suggestion! And getting feedback/suggestions is never a waste of my time.
    You really like novels etc XD

Need Help? Please Visit STS's Support Website by clicking HERE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrinder:1236378
    Chapter 3 is finally out. Ironically starting classes has meant that I now have more time to work on my novel, so I'm hoping to get a more regular schedule going from now on. Happy reading, and as always I welcome your feedback!
    I'll take a look at it today, and I'll also send you a PM concerning the something that requires a PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Can you add the legendary Fin there? :P