Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Blackstar Chronicles Novelization/Character Names

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Chapter Ten is now up. This chapter marks the end of the first indie arc. I'll start posting the next arc shortly (red sun). This chapter also marks the beginning of the over-arcing meta-plot that will serve to tie some of the arc together, and which will become critically important later in the story. Also, a named character dies in this chapter.
    I'm working on meeting with some biology students to hammer out some of the background details for the Vular and those poison breathing Scorn things (if anyone knows what they're called, let me know), and once that meetings over 'll resume writing, and will post the results of that meeting either here or on Cahaun's Lore thread. See you soon!
    Last edited by Battlegrinder; 08-25-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiith View Post
    Is the story on Wattpad? Just read the 1st the chapter good job and feel free to use my main Kiith even as dead commando number 3 if you want
    Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you liked it. I can definitely use your name for the story. I know exactly what to use it for as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

You continue to make a good series of chapters. Keep it up and you'll find yourself making more than one book

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    You continue to make a good series of chapters. Keep it up and you'll find yourself making more than one book
    Maybe. I was thinking once I was done with Blackstar Chronicles, I might write some short stories exploring other aspects of Star Legends (I've been toying with the idea of writing a story of Vance's time in the Marines, for example). Or maybe something set during the timeline's WWIII.
    I also might write a novelization of some other STS games. DL would be tricky, because there really isn't much of story to work with (though I could flip the story around and make a story based on the Vampire Hunters). PL has the opposite problem of having too much story. I might be able to do something with Arcane Legends, depending on how it turns out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I'd say that it's Star Legends that has the most "Open Space" for stories and adventures. It IS an entire galaxy with so many things one can delve into. I'm thinking of writing some Star Legend based ones that are showing more of what there is in the galaxy: Lifestyle, science, and the unknown. I ask myself "What if elves did a little magic?" or "What type of dark science projects did some perform?"
    I'll update my lore page tomorrow as Sunday is the only day I seem to be able to relax.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Hey, does anyone know where (or if) STS posts stuff like promo and concept artwork? I've gotten several cool story ideas from the few bits I've been able to find, and I'm wondering what other cool ideas are lurking out there, waiting to be found and put to use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If you don't kill off Kiith I would like to make a spin-off book if that's ok with you. It may take me a while to post it with school and everything tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiith View Post
    If you don't kill off Kiith I would like to make a spin-off book if that's ok with you. It may take me a while to post it with school and everything tho
    I'm afraid Kiith isn't long for the world in my story, but you should definitely try to make your own story featuring someone with the name if you want. I'd prefer it you write an original story, rather than a spin off of mine, however. I've been doing a little collaboration with this story already, and it's shaping up to be a lot of work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Good luck with your story, kiith. Don't forget to check up on the Lore thread and do a little research. If you need any help on any lore related questions, just ask and I might be able to help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Ok, good news! After some consulting with a few biology majors, a few questions on Yahoo answers, digging through a biology textbook, and more googling than I'd care to remember, I've finished all of the research needed for Blackstar Chronicles. I'll be posted the information I've gather later, once I've written it into something an little more readable, and the next chapter of Blackstar Chronicles will be coming out sometime before the end of the week. I'll also be doing some rewriting of chapter one to implement a few improvements people have been suggesting that would make it a little more readable.
    Last edited by Battlegrinder; 09-03-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Hmm been slacking on reading. Please tell me my character is still alive? Would be nice to keep the medic alive to you know, heal people. Maybe fix or build things.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 09-03-2012 at 02:03 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Hmm been slacking on reading. Please tell me my character is still alive? Would be nice to keep the medic alive to you know, heal people. Maybe fix or build things.
    Yeah, Karaai is still around. I'll be doing a bit of character development for her and the other members of Vance's squad this chapter, along with introducing the last member of the Five Man Band (check tv tropes) that will be accompanying Vance for many of his adventures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Awesomeness.

More character development? Yes please. I just have a couple ideas really. She likes helping people, likes technology a lot, and let's just say she's easy on the eyes. Boys like her a lot. *wink wink* The rest you can go in any direction, really.

Oh, and she likes the color green in case that matters.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 09-03-2012 at 05:38 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Ok, I've finished the rewrites of chapter one, fixing a few stylistic errors and a few other problems. I'm working on a write-up for the bio data I've gather, along with chapter 11, which should be going up within the next few days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

You are doing great, Battle. The new corrections will definetly improve it a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Ok, Chapter 11 is now posted. Vance has began his investigation into the juicers and the mysterious figure that was involved in the juicer's activities. He also gets some new toys, and a mission to go mess up some pirates. Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's life for me!

This Chapter's data file contains information on the most unique power in the galaxy, the Ursan Federation, with a strong focus on their military organization. Incidentally, there is evidence to support the exist of the Alterran races in SL, as the Ursans are mentioned in one of the crafting items (I think credit goes to Cahaun for reminding me of that).

This chapter continues to develop the main plot for the novel, along with introducing a potential love interest for Vance, though any such romance will depend on whether or not my writing skills are up to the task. Also, while elves do exist in the story, she'll be human. I'd considered making her an elf (Ursan was ruled out immediately), but since there are only about 40 million stories with a human male winding up with some elf chick, I think that idea has been a little overused.
    This Chapter also brings the full "five man band" of supporting characters together for the first time (check tvtropes if you want more info).
    Vance: The Hero
    Cahaun: The Lancer
    Sarah: The Smart Guy
    Hogan: The Big Guy (given his last name, it was really the only choice)
    Karaai: The Chick
    Last edited by Battlegrinder; 09-12-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Another great update! I'll look over it some more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Update on chapter 12: I'm still working on writing it out, but I'm also running through the new cap on SL checking for anything that will change what I'm planning for the novel. I also recently got the book "how not to write a novel", and have been busy reading it and editing my novel based on what the book advised. I've also been writing up some character notes for the rest of the cast, to help me with defining their personalities a little more. Will all of this stuff to work on, plus classes and a game of Humans Vs Zombies running, I should be able to get chapter 12 finished by Friday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I'm going through the cap as well. I'm trying to get more info on the colony of Tarasa but that's a bit difficult as no info is given at all except that we were going to avenge the colony. The whole mind-twisting and soul stealing stuff the Scorn do really does change our aspect on the storylines that involve the Scorn by a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Chapter 12 is finally almost done, and should be going up sometime over the weekend. The Red Sun arc is shaping up to be a lot shorter than the previous few, though the next two arcs will be much meater. Also, I've been plotting out the end fates of the various characters I've created, with an eye toward trimming down the cast list a bit. And I'll also be changing Karaai's hair color. I'll give you a hint how: Ace Chemicals.
    Last edited by Battlegrinder; 10-26-2012 at 07:06 PM.