Thread: The Blackstar Chronicles Novelization/Character Names

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by finnman View Post
    Can you add the legendary Fin there? :P
    No. XD jk

Need Help? Please Visit STS's Support Website by clicking HERE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Been reading it over and over. There were a few grammatical errors here and there (Nothing huge) so I'll try and send a list of where to find them.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Been reading it over and over. There were a few grammatical errors here and there (Nothing huge) so I'll try and send a list of where to find them.
    Yeah, that tends to happen, especially when you upload a longer chapter like this one. Every time you think all the typos are gone, another one pops up. I have a lot more respect for professional editors now then compared to when I started this project.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrinder View Post
    Yeah, that tends to happen, especially when you upload a longer chapter like this one. Every time you think all the typos are gone, another one pops up. I have a lot more respect for professional editors now then compared to when I started this project.
    I seem to be a bit slow on my responses. It's probably due to the inactivity of the SL area so I don't notice it as much.
    Anyways, professional editors must be getting a pretty busy job by having to go through the entirety of the book with extreme precision.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Ok, I'm almost done with the planning for the next chapter, and plan to start writing it sometime within the next few days. In the meantime, I've created a new mini-series, Ace's Round, to tell stories and adventure that are useful background and filler for the various characters, but don't really fit within the narrative structure of the main story. the first one, Take-out Takedown, is already up, and I'm hoping to get one or two more put up within the next few weeks.
    I'll put links up in a little while once FF.net update my story catalog, in the meantime you can access the story from my profile page on either site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrinder:1285832
    Ok, I'm almost done with the planning for the next chapter, and plan to start writing it sometime within the next few days. In the meantime, I've created a new mini-series, Ace's Round, to tell stories and adventure that are useful background and filler for the various characters, but don't really fit within the narrative structure of the main story. the first one, Take-out Takedown, is already up, and I'm hoping to get one or two more put up within the next few weeks.
    I'll put links up in a little while once FF.net update my story catalog, in the meantime you can access the story from my profile page on either site.
    I'll check those other stories out for you, Battle. I'm hoping to be able to write a review sometime to help you out soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Ok, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Wow. I didn't realize its been more than 4 months since I got the last chapter posted. I really need to establish a more concrete writing schedule.

Anyway, the latest chapter is now up, the updated version of chapter 4. Feel free to let me know what you think!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrinder:1461045
    Wow. I didn't realize its been more than 4 months since I got the last chapter posted. I really need to establish a more concrete writing schedule.

Anyway, the latest chapter is now up, the updated version of chapter 4. Feel free to let me know what you think!
    Thanks for the heads up, Battlegrinder. I'll read through all of the book again tomorrow for you.
    I can also say that I need a more concrete schedule too based on my random inactive behaviors on the forums and games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I sent you an invite into the group that I made for the Lore thread, and I'm almost done reading your fourth chapter now. I'll reread it after and try to show you a few things that could be changed or fixed in the text.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I sent you an invite into the group that I made for the Lore thread, and I'm almost done reading your fourth chapter now. I'll reread it after and try to show you a few things that could be changed or fixed in the text.
    Ok, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Ok, expect the next chapter to be out within the next day or so. I'm going to try and establish a regular update schedule for my various writing projects, as between this one, my Spiral Knights novel, my planned Timeshift novelization, and a few original works I'm toying with, my schedule is about to get very busy. ATM, I'm thinking of going to biweekly updates, with maybe the odd short story or other works every three or four weeks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Battlegrinder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Ok, expect the next chapter to be out within the next day or so. I'm going to try and establish a regular update schedule for my various writing projects, as between this one, my Spiral Knights novel, my planned Timeshift novelization, and a few original works I'm toying with, my schedule is about to get very busy. ATM, I'm thinking of going to biweekly updates, with maybe the odd short story or other works every three or four weeks.
    I give up on trying to give promises as it always seems to be very weak on my part. I try and try to put in a timeframe for my review on your chapters, but I either procrastinate or just get too busy with other ones I make.
    Anyways, keep up the good work. I find the stories you made very interesting.

Sent from my Number One Assistant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Chapter 5 is now up. With the new biweekly schedule, 6 will probably be going up on march 28th or so. Still have to get the glossary updated (any feedback as to what you'd like to see there would be handy), and I need add the standard "this isn't my IP, please don't sue me" boilerplate.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Battlegrinder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Chapter 5 is now up. With the new biweekly schedule, 6 will probably be going up on march 28th or so. Still have to get the glossary updated (any feedback as to what you'd like to see there would be handy), and I need add the standard "this isn't my IP, please don't sue me" boilerplate.
    I'll try to read the new chapter tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

It's very nice to see a such project. Go for it guys! You rock!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I tried to read the story, on my phone, in the fanfiction website, but the paragraphs were quite jumbled to the point in which nothing made sense. I'll get on a desktop computer tomorrow and see how goes in Figment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I tried to read the story, on my phone, in the fanfiction website, but the paragraphs were quite jumbled to the point in which nothing made sense. I'll get on a desktop computer tomorrow and see how goes in Figment.

Looks like some kind of error with the new upload, where it screwed up the paragraph spacing and bolded all the places that should have been in routes. weird. I'll sort it put tomorrow.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Battlegrinder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I visited the chapter again on Figment today, and it looks like everything is all working as it should. I'll try to read through it all once I finish my pile of Calculus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I visited the chapter again on Figment today, and it looks like everything is all working as it should. I'll try to read through it all once I finish my pile of Calculus
    Ouch, Calc sucks. I'm so glad that I won't have to deal with it in my career.

I also got the FF.net upload fixed. That was a weird bug, I've never had something like that happen before.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Battlegrinder For This Useful Post: