Quote Originally Posted by intruders View Post
In my opinion mentoring idea is difficult to make live because:
- people who don't care about LB and aps won't be interested in this activity anyway and that's the majority of players
- people who aim for LB typically prefer effective play style and I don't see them waiting for an opportunity to help someone by offering help in towns or waiting when someone asks. Therefore to get such aps faster they will just make dummy characters like for pvp kills
- as other mentioned leveling is done through xp quests now and almost nobody grinds maps for xp

As for the argument that if people been doing pvp kills then mentoring also should not be a problem - the thing is pvp kills aps are existing ones and considered as a mistake by the most and bringing another aps with similar grounds is even a bigger mistake.

That said, I like any incentive to encourage people helping each other. It's just that doing that via leveling is not a good idea.

@analytical you asked for ideas, here you go:
- Team player AP, granted for completing N maps while in full party having all 3 classes in it.
- Helping hand AP, granted for N aps received by other players in your party while you already have that aps.
- Care giver AP, granted for N maps while in party with players having lower lever than you.

For all aps of this sort level gap should not exceed 10 levels. This way making dummies will be too expensive in terms of time and effort.
Really like how you are disagreeing, good points. Definitely a good move to establish common grounds despite our disagreements (:

Will wait to see more responses on the helping aspect if they are any. In fact I outlined 3 main ideas for helping aps not just leveling but I guess it's the easiest to implement so asommers chose that maybe xd