Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Achievements II (Standard)

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,467 Posts

Default Feedback: Achievements II (Standard)

I've read through all of the achievement feedback submitted in this thread.

Here's what I'm considering for the first pass of Standard achievements. Any current achievements not in this list would be REMOVED. If we were to make any changes, earliest this would go live is July 1 (coinciding with the next season) and wacky/zany/funny achievements are TBD and could be added at any time.

None of this is set in stone and it's all open for more comments, feedback, and/or constructive criticism.

Please don't reply with quote.

-ALS

Quests
    • Completed 1, 10, 20, 50, 100 STORY quests (total 113)
    • Completed 1, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 SIDE quests (total 232)
    • Event and daily quests will not count toward achievements

Pets
    • Collected 1, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400 (total 435)
    • Collected 1, 10, 20, 50, 100 legendary (total 107)
    • Collected 1, 10, 20, 50 arcane (total 69)
    • Collected 1, 10, 20, 50, 100 heroic (total 165)
    • Collected 1, 10, 20 mythic (total 38)
    • Max Level Pets 1, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400 (total 435)

PvE kills
    • Normal: 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000, 50000, 100000, 500000, 1000000
    • Elite: 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000, 50000, 100000, 500000, 1000000
    • Players may just farm lower levels for these, consider at level? What happens with XP disable? Are boss kills worth it? Specific boss kills?

Slots
    • Inventory 100, Full
    • Crafting 100, Full
    • Furniture 100, Full
    • Stash 100, Full
    • House 100, Full
    • Auction 5, Full

Item
    • Crafted 1, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000 items
    • Crafted 1, 10, 20, 50 damaged, weak, standard, fortified, excellent, superb, noble, exquisite, precise, flawless jewels
    • Upgraded N items 1, 10, 20, 50, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000
    • Awakened N items 1, 10, 20, 50, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000

Looted
    • Gold 1000, 10000, 100000, 1000000, 10000000, 100000000 (not traded)
    • <rarity> (legendary, mythic, arcane) from monsters 1, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000

Chest
    • Opened 10, 20, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000, 20000, 50000
    • May be hard to determine what chests qualify

Mentoring (was within range of a lower-level player in a PvE dungeon when they leveled)
    • Mentored 1, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000, 20000, 50000
    • May be easy to farm with dummy accounts

Event Tiers (any event)
    • Reached Bronze Tier
    • Reached Silver Tier
    • Reached Gold Tier
    • Reached Platinum Tier

NOTE: Thresholds can be tweaked.
    Last edited by asommers; 05-25-2022 at 10:27 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,467 Posts

Why were certain achievements removed?
    • Housing: Players can deed their house, obtain furnishings via trade and then remove, etc.
    • Account-related achievements: If a player has high-level alternate characters, they will automatically get the achievements just by creating a new character
    • Hardcore: Hardcore and non-hardcore leaderboards should be split
    • Level: By completing quests, the player will level. If these are desired, I can certainly add them back.
    • Skill Points: What high level character will not spend their skill points? These are just parallel achievements for reaching level N
    • Achievement points: I get players can receive these via different paths, but seems unnecessary
    • Campaigns: Duplicated by quest completion
    • PvP: Players just farm these with dummy accounts
    • Full inventory: Players can just fill their inventory with garbage
    • Guild: Players can create/join/disband guilds easily

I removed any achievements which can be easily achieved via trading or whose data is not "kept" by the players and can be revoked at any time (guilds, marriage, housing, friends, etc.).

-ALS
    Last edited by asommers; 05-24-2022 at 10:08 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Please don't reply with quote.
    Disable "Reply with quote" button for first post on the forums. Problem solved

- PvE kills - this was removed from LB ranks for a reason - it encourages botting
    - craft/awake/upgrade - seems to be something that depends only on gold and time one can spend
    - mentoring - I feel it will be similar to PvP kills farming where people will just create new characters, level up them 2->10/15/20, delete, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    I removed any achievements which can be easily achieved via trading
    While it makes sense for normal mode for hardcore mode is completely opposite as there's no trade. What is trivial in normal mode is very difficult in hardcore. E.g. APS like restored armor and glinstone set. I strongly believe these should stay in hardcore mode.

Also this removal contradicts with some other APS that are suggested to be remained and/or extended like pets aps which are completed by buying eggs.
    Last edited by intruders; 05-24-2022 at 10:51 PM.
    Tao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I actually liked the warmonger title from the PVP aps. Maybe just set those APS to 0 but keep the title. I know it's nearly impossible to achieve that in actual pvp given in its current state and you have to dummy farm it to gain the title unfortunately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Will any progress that we've already done toward any of the new achievements be added on or will everyone's tracker start from 0?

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Xuds For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Does that say 1m pve kills in elite? if so thats a big -1, would be a huge waste of time for everyone

Does the awaken N items mean use the awake gems? or individual items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Next season gonna be interesting

IGN : Tjnder | < Entity > Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intruders View Post
    Disable "Reply with quote" button for first post on the forums. Problem solved

- PvE kills - this was removed from LB ranks for a reason - it encourages botting
    - craft/awake/upgrade - seems to be something that depends only on gold and time one can spend
    - mentoring - I feel it will be similar to PvP kills farming where people will just create new characters, level up them 2->10/15/20, delete, repeat

While it makes sense for normal mode for hardcore mode is completely opposite as there's no trade. What is trivial in normal mode is very difficult in hardcore. E.g. APS like restored armor and glinstone set. I strongly believe these should stay in hardcore mode.

Also this removal contradicts with some other APS that are suggested to be remained and/or extended like pets aps which are completed by buying eggs.
    Yes on the mentoring part that was the concern I had when I proposed the helping aspect with only level 65-81 and not lower levels because of the reason you mentioned and also its easy to level up lower levels. The struggles start around level 60-65 so maybe around there can be the minimum level eligible for this mentoring aps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

If the elite kills goes through can we at least get a elite pve tracker on our profile inspect?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

@asommers is the hardcore LB going to be combined with normal? if so its a big -111111

its not easy to get all the aps normals have especially aps like pets/items crafting upgrade/pve kills/gold loot/glint aps/myth restored aps etc

its better to have seperate lbs for hardcore, we already lose all event LB when combined with normal toons...

IGN : Tjnder | < Entity > Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

@asommers if u remove pvp aps, can i request a pvp kill count reset to 0?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azel View Post
    @asommers is the hardcore LB going to be combined with normal? if so its a big -111111

its not easy to get all the aps normals have especially aps like pets/items crafting upgrade/pve kills/gold loot/glint aps/myth restored aps etc

its better to have seperate lbs for hardcore, we already lose all event LB when combined with normal toons...
    Noone mentioned this.

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

It all looks quite good and challenging, but I have some doubts, with some points.

Pets:
    Raising 400 pets to the maximum level seems impossible especially since most do not use more than 20 as a base. Because we also open the slots and only use our best pet with the HB and AA our prefer. Most passives aren't very useful, especially on epic, rare, legendary, and most collectible heroic, mythic, and arcane pets. In my opinion a maximum of 30 pets is fine. Unless they are thinking of adding some easier system to upload pets. Also because there are few areas where this can be done.
    On the other hand, how would this work if the maximum level is raised with an expansion? Wouldn't there be a conflict with the pet already leveled?
    Maybe it would work better putting a standard level, maybe level 50, 60, 70.

Pve kills:
    Will the kills we've already done count?
    I like how the current system of elite aps works per map, with mobs and bosses, and also the general pve.
    The current pve kills I think contemplate the elite and the normal ones I don't know how they would divide that too.
    Killing a specific elite or normal boss also makes a difference for session and hardcore characters, not everyone can do it.
    Certain equipment, items, pets, etc. are also required. to run elite and to make it faster. And the difficulty and speed escalates through the elite levels. At least in hardcore characters. Obvious normal characters are usually all easier.

Item:
    Craft 10000 item seems fine.
    Crafting more than 20 of each jewel seems too much to me.
    Upgrade and awaken an item more than 20 times seems like unnecessary madness to me. Especially since 1 upgrade lasts 8 hours and is usually only used with items that one already owns. You could also just remove the jewel and upgrade it hundreds of times every 8 hours xD

Chest:
    Maybe only event chest, golden, unlocked and locked.

Mentoring:
    I feel like the same thing will happen with pvp twinks.
    On the other hand, I particularly have no desire to help anyone out of obligation, nor is it possible that large number of people who might want my help. Nor could I go around forcing people to receive my help. A bit confusing this to be honest.

Achievements removed:
    Level: not all the hardcore or normal session characters manage to reach the maximum level, this pushes them to do so to receive the aps.
    Archivements points: if you talk about the 25k aps 30k aps etc. These give titles and banners, and help guilds with their requirements to know how many aps each one has.
    Unless you want to put the amount of aps you have somewhere when you inspect. It also makes me doubt what would happen with the banner and the titles.
    Campaign: These are also useful for hardcore characters, not everyone can kill the bosses of certain campaigns.

Others:
    -What will happen to craft item aps like uller, glintstone, ebon vanity, dream weapon, etc.?
    -What will happen to the aps associated with tombs, haunlet, planar tombs or planar arena, etc?
    -What will happen to the aps related to mausoleum ranks?
    -Will there be time aps?

The rest of the new apps look good, I think that's it for now.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Nocturnus; 05-25-2022 at 01:28 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nocturnus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Some numbers are insane.
    No to:
    PET AND MENTORING
    Mentoring
    50k toons to see lvl up... how many players are actively playing AL? Lowered number should work.
    Pets
    Purchasing 100 heroic... wasting gold on useless stuff... 95% of pets are useless

Yes to:
    QUESTS, SLOTS, PVE KILLS, LOOTED, EVENT TIERS
    focus on aps that require us to play, loot, craft (not crazy numbers), not to spend gold on useless stuff we never use.
    Quests
    Yes, complete entire story of game.
    Slots
    Very needed for end game.
    Pve kills
    They come with activity in pve.
    Looted
    Same as pve kills.
    Event
    Reward for activity.

Not sure about:
    ITEMS, CHESTS
    Items
    Crafting 10k items is ok, crafting 50x flawless and upgrading is insane. Awakening part is questionable.
    Chests
    50k is insane number, same as mentoring 50k player. Probably lower both?

As i mentioned above, focus on aps for activity, not gold sink aps.
    Last edited by Marosok; 05-25-2022 at 01:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

HOUSING: you have point abt this can just be traded and get the aps.
    But I suggest you keep these aps for hardcore toons. Many ppl have alrd spend lot of plats to get these aps.
    House Slot aps should remain for everyone sinse same slots can't be traded for multi toon completing aps.
    Agree for removing PVP aps. I have done 10k pvp kills and 10k flags long ago, but now It's just a waste of time for everyone! Keep in mind tho, Ppl still dummy farm in ctf just to boost guild ranks. If ur aiming to stop that, it won't work.
    Pve kills is ok i guess. Many alrd got 1m+ kills. If ppl are active in events this won't take long. Tho some will use boting in hauntlet.
    Same will happen propably for pet leveling. Just use macro running in hauntlet and lvl up pets.
    Maybe is time make an exception for hauntlet, even it scales 81lvl, to stop countin pve kills or give xp. Energy drop should be same sinse 81lvl map.
    Hardcore family aps should remain. That way u introduce this part of game to all players. Some ppl really love it and they would never know unless they did that part of leveling. Is not a big deal anyway. On double xp you can get 71lvl in a day. Every guild have hc that can help with that.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

For lvling pets. Maybe zodias companion elixir will be added in vendor? If u make it possible to purchase not in max rank and for low tokens like 100,ppl would accept this new aps. Also we all will have to grind expansion maps for this anyway.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to papas For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I think people had enought with aps that u must to spend gold so its a -1 for pets aps (collect 453 pets lol) also craft jewels and upgrade certain numbers of items makes totally no sense for me. I know u guy decreased time but its gonna be aids to complete those aps, might take months. Another -1 on pve kill aps. I think pve kill aps is fine as it is. U need to spend like 200 hours in hauntlet to get 1m kills so yeah, i dont like that idea.
    Full slots for inventory, stash, auction aps is a great idea. People asked to have it so i think they wont mind about complete it. But would be good to have quests that gives more tokens to buy those slots.

I said i dont like the craft x amount of jewels and upgrade certain number of items but would be good to have it in any stats that shows how many items u crafted or upgraded.

Quests aps seems good for me.

And talking about aps to add. I think players enjoyed the lichly consternation aps. Could we have more aps like this? Its really funny to complete.

Enviado desde mi SM-G781B mediante Tapatalk

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelyx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I agree with all that masorok said.
    Some numbers posted there is so insane, even for lb aps players..
    I'm happy that u didn't mention death pve aps like ppl were suggesting, i don't want to ruin my kdr.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to caabarader For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

PVE aps max 500k.

1 m pve kills is too much

Max pets: 350 pets should be fine.
    heroic and arcane rarity should be raised.

Mentoring ap - doesn’t seem something which i like. It’s more a group or a guild challenge than an individual ap which should be counted.

Chests:

Opening: some of the looted chests are not rewarding enough to be opened. I dislike this ap.

Event tiers.

This is an intresting ap. Can determine the amount of work & time which someone has put into their toon.
    Especially if they reached plat tier a countless of times and not just once.

Slots:

Furnishing slots should be an ap too.
    Auction slots: just 5? Please raise it to 50.
    House slots 100? 400 or more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

@asommers u mentioned that all aps not on this list would be removed, with that, do you mean current aps, like 1K boss killed every map, 10k mobs everymap, and etc, ALL would be removed, and the only aps that we'll have are those from the list?