Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Undead mask too rare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I think that part of the problem (for DL anyways) is that early on the game encouraged the "vanity hoarder ocd behavior" in players and such a rare item will, by it's very definition, not be available to everyone. This frustrates players because it is inconsistent with previous items and players that where intent on having all vanities but have limited time to farm or not the budget to purchase from other players feel like there is an item out there that will "forever break the collection". Makes sense?
    Nailed it.
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

well... after increasing loots i tried to got after my 3rd mask..
    so far almost 10k killing and no results
    i cant complain.. after all, i already have 2 more than other ppl...
    tnx for givving me another chance and to all to get it.

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Spider senses sense post intentioned to gloat
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Xaphan Fox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Round of applause everyone!

Lol...

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Cara if the item is meant to be so rare...can you make it even more distinguishable from the plat antlers? I know the eyes glow and the jaw glows, but from a maxed zoomed out camera angle, you can barely tell. Can only see the difference close up or on the avatar page.

Don't really know what else could be done, but just a suggestion.

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I think with it equipped you should poot out muffins everywhere you go... Or grow a rainbow dash tail...

...just a thought
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So... it took me days to read this whole thread (I was too busy playing ).... but I have some comments.

I was not a farmer... I used minions to advance my career and really only enjoyed trading vanities and playing pvp. One day, in a rare bout of pve (wtf does pve mean anyways? player vs who?) at around level 18, an undead mask dropped. I could almost swear it was my first vanity drop ever (probably not, but damn close, maybe 2 or 3 prior).

After I got the mask, ppl loved me.... (it was probably around august 25 or so, less than a week before the event ended), but that is irrelevant. It was when I received the mask drop that I started farming.

Since I started playing (before and after the mask dropped): I never got any fire shards, I never got any level 25 pink ANYTHINGS (so I spent 80k+ at the auction buying them during my thousands of kills trying to reach lvl 26 prior to event end), I got tons of vanities through drops or 5th day nightly rewards which I already had and then had to try to sell (took hours).

The point is... some of the things that people took for granted... others never got. I had to rely on generosity for a fire shard, and it was given to me after I had already bought a better (pink) yellow gem. It was only useful as a bracelet. After it was donated to me, I finally got two fire shards on the day before the solstice event ended. I never got my free lvl 26 weapons or fire star because the event ended.

Finally, nobody has whined yet that gamer parts are going for millions because it's not a limited time event... but gamer parts are even more rare than this mask everyone's b1tch1ng about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbozam View Post
    limited time event... but gamer parts are even more rare than this mask everyone's b1tch1ng about.
    That is precisely why nobody was complaining about gamer

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Just my opinion. I gave up on vanity hunting. It hard enough for me to get a pink drop (4 in 40k kills) and i've only ever gotten 3 vanities (1 black track top, 2 orange desire tops, and they all dropped within 5 runs of each other on the same map around 35k kills)

I don't know why, but I do not have the luck that others have with drops. Just speculation, but maybe it's because I don't buy plat or use it, maybe it's because I only have the one toon, maybe it's because I just don't play enough. I don't know, but it feels as though I am at a disadvantage. I see other people in my runs get vanity and pink drops quite frequently, however I do not. Now, I don't know why that is, but it honestly feels to me like a complete waste of time chasing something that won't happen for me so I don't try hard at it anymore.

Thank you for increasing the level cap and adding new maps, still too short and easy in my opinion, but getting xp is the only reason I log in. if there were bigger maps and more grinding, I would probably spend more time in DL and maybe get some vanity drops, but once capped, it's really hard for me to want to collect xp for nothing over and over again.

On another note, is there anything ultra rare in the 24 hour allies missions loot table? I may at least keep logging in and clicking those if there was something like that. A bunch of pink weapons nobody wants, and xp I don't need is not much of an incentive. Maybe one really rare item added to that loot table somewhere might make a difference.

Love it or hate it, it's my opinion and thoughts over drops (vanity and pinks). This mask you guys talk about is a ghost from my pov. If it's rarer then pink than it's very unlikely to drop to me. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride I guess.
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 08-29-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    Just my opinion. I gave up on vanity hunting. It hard enough for me to get a pink drop (4 in 40k kills) and i've only ever gotten 3 vanities (1 black track top, 2 orange desire tops, and they all dropped within 5 runs of each other on the same map around 35k kills)

I don't know why, but I do not have the luck that others have with drops. Just speculation, but maybe it's because I don't buy plat or use it, maybe it's because I only have the one toon, maybe it's because I just don't play enough. I don't know, but it feels as though I am at a disadvantage. I see other people in my runs get vanity and pink drops quite frequently, however I do not. Now, I don't know why that is, but it honestly feels to me like a complete waste of time chasing something that won't happen for me so I don't try hard at it anymore.

Thank you for increasing the level cap and adding new maps, still too short and easy in my opinion, but getting xp is the only reason I log in. if there were bigger maps and more grinding, I would probably spend more time in DL and maybe get some vanity drops, but once capped, it's really hard for me to want to collect xp for nothing over and over again.

On another note, is there anything ultra rare in the 24 hour allies missions loot table? I may at least keep logging in and clicking those if there was something like that. A bunch of pink weapons nobody wants, and xp I don't need is not much of an incentive. Maybe one really rare item added to that loot table somewhere might make a difference.

Love it or hate it, it's my opinion and thoughts over drops (vanity and pinks). This mask you guys talk about is a ghost from my pov. If it's rarer then pink than it's very unlikely to drop to me. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride I guess.
    I've got none so far.
    This is the reason i almost don't play dl anymore.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!