Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Undead mask too rare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

at the end of the day there a company say one do other or they just feel like doing something different. for all we know they can make a shooter next game.
    Last edited by Ciroc; 07-24-2012 at 07:54 PM.

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Well I can only go by what they say. And until I get an official statement to the contrary, I expect a super ultra rare limited time item to not exist, at all.
    And when I can site sources from developers own mouths, I expect to not have anyone from the community come down on me as if I am some, "I want everything for free" kinda person.
    Pretty simple.

bark bark
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

In other news...
    This Double Decker Taco Supreme from Taco bell with a Dorito Shell substituted for the traditional corn crunchy shell is amazing...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ciroc View Post
    im not either and i dont care about gold either.
    well thats how they made it dont know what to tell you
    It ok. I wasnt asking for input. Just stating my opinions on my experience. Congrats on looting two of them. Hope i can get one before its over.

Don't know how much more my wife is going to take though lol.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    In other news...
    This Double Decker Taco Supreme from Taco bell with a Dorito Shell substituted for the traditional corn crunchy shell is amazing...
    OMG!!! Honestly, the double Decker is the only thing i like. I know, blasphemy. But now with dorito?? Damn this carb diet.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Gotta ask them to replace that corn shell with the dorito one. It adds 30 cents to the cost. So damn worth it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I like turltles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Actually nw hungry.. taco bell beef gorditos supremes here i come.. wash down with BEER!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Hmmm... Nachos bell grande with doritos chips ... SUCCESS! (Taco flavoor of course ... )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hmm... to weigh in briefly... first off... omg people is writing in basic comprehensible English really such a chore? Holy crap half the posts are completely unintelligible. Maybe read a book or something instead of farming game vanities. Cripes.

The whole Summer Solstice Event was a cool idea. I like all the innovations like the Nightly Rewards and the Solstice shards / Fire Stars. I think Cara has been awesome. Thanks for all your hard work Cara! I see a lot of feedback has been very quickly implemented.

On the mask vanities... I also started farming at the 2d day of event and farmed about 3-4 hours daily this entire week without getting single vanity. Every time I'm in town I see more and more avatars with masks, it gets pretty frustrating spending... let me see... 20+ hours in a game (that is a TON of "productive" time blown if you think about it) for a virtual item with a nominal value of mere pennies... and then _not_ to get one. This farm has been about 17K kills... so average of 50 bad guys per map, that makes over 300 maps run... with no vanity drop. Sorry, that's not "hard".... that's almost like Mission Impossible. I was clearing my inventory last night and by mistake hit "mask" button on menu and to my surprise saw Eagle Mask in my inventory. I never saw it drop... never saw notice... but there it was. I think one of the drawbacks of mob drops, especially on small screen is there's a lot of stuff going on; if you're trying to do maps faster you miss a drop even when you get it. Wow. So feel a bit vindicated for the 20+ hours I spent running maps. But not by much. To be honest... yesterday I was cussing almost every run and on the verge of saying the adult version of "screw this" when I cleared my inventory... close call there STS.

I think a better system would be to maintain the standard "rare" chance for average runs by players, but to increase the drop rate for players with say, more than certain number of kills or something. I do agree just "handing out" vanities is a bit lame. There's a lvl 26 handout already, the Fire jewels are nice handouts. Almost within few days of starting Fire jewels almost all lvl 20s players were wearing them. There are Nightly Rewards. So plenty of handouts. So having "rare" playable items is a great concept. But there is a fine line farming for items between "hard" and "impossible." The fine line is crossed when you have dedicated players switch from being challenged to cussing at their game after spending 5-6 days straight without any light at the end of the tunnel. If that Eagle Mask had not mysteriously materialized in my inventory I would just go back to doing something more productive than hide in Dark Legends in my down time.

And for those of you beating up on people giving feedback... you're not getting it. This is not Ranger School. Or the Bar Examination. Or Series 6 licensing exam. Or Olympic tryouts. It's a GAME. For every one person who will spend real world dollars on the game, STS needs at least 100 people to try the game. If among those 100 people STS cannot entice even 10 people to stay and play... they won't even be able to build the number of paying customers. I agree paying customers _should_ be able to enjoy the nicer vanities and rare items, but at the same time STS _has_ to cater to nonpaying customers to convince them the game is _worth_ their hard earned real world dollars. Most hardcore paying customers start as people just trying out the product and becoming convinced over time they like it enough to spend money on it. I played PL for about 2 months before I started spending money on vanities, but by then I thought it was worth it. Same for DL. First you try, then you buy. If you can't understand that, you don't understand much.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    Hmm... to weigh in briefly... first off... omg people is writing in basic comprehensible English really such a chore? Holy crap half the posts are completely unintelligible. Maybe read a book or something instead of farming game vanities. Cripes.

The whole Summer Solstice Event was a cool idea. I like all the innovations like the Nightly Rewards and the Solstice shards / Fire Stars. I think Cara has been awesome. Thanks for all your hard work Cara! I see a lot of feedback has been very quickly implemented.

On the mask vanities... I also started farming at the 2d day of event and farmed about 3-4 hours daily this entire week without getting single vanity. Every time I'm in town I see more and more avatars with masks, it gets pretty frustrating spending... let me see... 20+ hours in a game (that is a TON of "productive" time blown if you think about it) for a virtual item with a nominal value of mere pennies... and then _not_ to get one. This farm has been about 17K kills... so average of 50 bad guys per map, that makes over 300 maps run... with no vanity drop. Sorry, that's not "hard".... that's almost like Mission Impossible. I was clearing my inventory last night and by mistake hit "mask" button on menu and to my surprise saw Eagle Mask in my inventory. I never saw it drop... never saw notice... but there it was. I think one of the drawbacks of mob drops, especially on small screen is there's a lot of stuff going on; if you're trying to do maps faster you miss a drop even when you get it. Wow. So feel a bit vindicated for the 20+ hours I spent running maps. But not by much. To be honest... yesterday I was cussing almost every run and on the verge of saying the adult version of "screw this" when I cleared my inventory... close call there STS.

I think a better system would be to maintain the standard "rare" chance for average runs by players, but to increase the drop rate for players with say, more than certain number of kills or something. I do agree just "handing out" vanities is a bit lame. There's a lvl 26 handout already, the Fire jewels are nice handouts. Almost within few days of starting Fire jewels almost all lvl 20s players were wearing them. There are Nightly Rewards. So plenty of handouts. So having "rare" playable items is a great concept. But there is a fine line farming for items between "hard" and "impossible." The fine line is crossed when you have dedicated players switch from being challenged to cussing at their game after spending 5-6 days straight without any light at the end of the tunnel. If that Eagle Mask had not mysteriously materialized in my inventory I would just go back to doing something more productive than hide in Dark Legends in my down time.

And for those of you beating up on people giving feedback... you're not getting it. This is not Ranger School. Or the Bar Examination. Or Series 6 licensing exam. Or Olympic tryouts. It's a GAME. For every one person who will spend real world dollars on the game, STS needs at least 100 people to try the game. If among those 100 people STS cannot entice even 10 people to stay and play... they won't even be able to build the number of paying customers. I agree paying customers _should_ be able to enjoy the nicer vanities and rare items, but at the same time STS _has_ to cater to nonpaying customers to convince them the game is _worth_ their hard earned real world dollars. Most hardcore paying customers start as people just trying out the product and becoming convinced over time they like it enough to spend money on it. I played PL for about 2 months before I started spending money on vanities, but by then I thought it was worth it. Same for DL. First you try, then you buy. If you can't understand that, you don't understand much.
    Amen

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have spent at least a minimum of like Idk, 100 hours looking for a dumb little mask that probably took no more than 10 mins to code and create in a 3d drafting program. I have paid this company over literal hundreds of dollars. This is so ticking me off...

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

My 2 plat... And all I am saying on this matter.

I garontee that it took more than 10 minutes to create the afore mentioned vanity. Especially with the glowing and smoke..

Yes it is STS's decision to do what they will, so far I have yet to see anything myself personally in any way shape or form "shady business"! Yes! They do cater to the people that spend money! That's what a business is!

They are so much greater of a business IMHO for allowing EVERYONE!!! To have full access to the basic game!

I think the drop rate is just fine! Coming from a casual player that in the big perspective has spent minimal money, and does not have the specific vanity, says a lot to me.

Disagree with me if you will! I doubt I will get it, you know what? It doesn't matter!

Bottom line.....

I still have fun playing and have met some awesome people, and made even greater friends!
    ( yes Jojo they were all in there lol )
    Hi hi!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wretch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wretch:722948
    They are so much greater of a business IMHO for allowing EVERYONE!!! To have full access to the basic game!
    Lol STS isn't some benevolent company cause they gave us a free game. It is the carrot. The medium in which they hook people to spend money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

The real issue here I think is people feeling entitled to getting every item in the game. Its a rare vanity, it's a privilege and a very rare one at that, not a right. If you don't agree with the drop rate, stop farming.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Takezaki For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thats olaf from league of legends i play that im lvl 30 my fav char is ez!!!!!!
    $tay merching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    I have no clear clue what you mean by this. Of which: 7000 plat purchased, 130k pve kills, excellent K'Dratio pvp without cheesing, millions in gold... I am not a casual player, but can still argue for the casuals cause this is a mobile mmo. STS's own mission statement in the past supports my thoughts. If I have to link their own executives words I can.

..and to the person who made the, "Waaa I am mad I didn't win the lottery" thing:
    You have missed the point entirely and have added nothing to the discussion. Kindly go troll another thread. We are having a discussion.

bark bark
    Let me troll this further then

Getting Undead Antler Mask = luck.

"Winning the lottery thing" = luck.

I do not see how I am missing the point entirely, other than not seeing in your point of view. It is common to have polar opinions in a discussion, otherwise it will be known as an announcement. Maybe the way I word my post came across as a rant, sorry that it irk you, I was just trying to lighten the atmosphere. Understandably that maybe you had put in a great amount of effort towards getting the Undead Antler Mask, just as there are people who had been buying lottery tickets regularly but will never win the big pot.

Since the drop rate had been adjusted, I am happy for my in game friends who since managed to farm the rare vanity mask. Thanks Caparace for making more happy players!

Hope you get yours soon and hopefully one day I may also get a chance to strike the lottery.
    Bjourd, Bjolt & Bjkarma.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Takezaki View Post
    The real issue here I think is people feeling entitled to getting every item in the game. Its a rare vanity, it's a privilege and a very rare one at that, not a right. If you don't agree with the drop rate, stop farming.
    That is not what this thread was about. Monarchival asked the question is the drop rate too low. No one expected to have the vanity handed to them on a plate. Monarchival and myself were definitely not crying because we didn't have the mask. The thread was made to bring attention to the devs that it appeared the drop rate was too low. Carapace was already looking into this and has responded swiftly by examining his own investigations and listening to feedback. The drop rate was altered slightly and we are grateful. In my opinion, the thread has achieved its goal. The matter is resolved and it is time to leave it all behind and resume farming. Good luck to you all and may the odds be ever in your favour!

No longer of Eclipse

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Taaralatie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Yes and why would you feel it is too low? Because you feel entitled to receiving an undead antlers mask after countless hours of farming..

It's a random, ultra-rare drop.

Somebody brought up an interesting point, that's like saying it's too hard to win the lottery because you bought 10 tickets everyday for the past 10 years.
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Takezaki View Post
    Yes and why would you feel it is too low? Because you feel entitled to receiving an undead antlers mask after countless hours of farming..

It's a random, ultra-rare drop.

Somebody brought up an interesting point, that's like saying it's too hard to win the lottery because you bought 10 tickets everyday for the past 10 years.
    I do not believe I am entitled to anything. Far from it. I have been farming along with everyone else. Do you remember when no one could find the elusive Eli Holden? If this had not been brought to devs attention we would all still be searching for something which didn't exist. A question was posed, it was answered. It is time to stop crying about it and move on now. You appear to be deliberately trying to exasperate the situation and turn this thread into a flame war. It is done with now. That's my final word on it.
    Over and out.

No longer of Eclipse