Thread: Need Help About Armor and Damage Reduction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Default Need Help About Armor and Damage Reduction

I just need a simple explaination(or shorter) of how this two type of "things" works.
    Like are those two works the same? And which is better? Armor or Dmg reduction.
    I need someone to explain without making me look dumb. Thanks in an advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snaptubepro View Post
    I just need a simple explaination(or shorter) of how this two type of "things" works.
    Like are those two works the same? And which is better? Armor or Dmg reduction.
    I need someone to explain without making me look dumb. Thanks in an advance!
    Armor / armor mitigation can reduce damage by up to 80% the amount of damage it reduces is based on armor value and level. For level 86 u need around 18.500 armor for maximum damage reduction.
    You can increase armor with awakes pets or certain gear. Additionally the stat armor mitigation is basically the damage reduction by armor. There are items like profiteer amulet, that directly add 15% armor mitigation, which can be looked as at an increase of the armor value, resulting in 15% less damage taken.

Damage mitigation can reach 70%, which works the same everywhere, regardless of level. There is stacking and non-stacking damage mitigation. The highest Non-stacking mitigation for mage and warrior come from arcane shield and juggernaut and for rouge with 25% dmg reduction elix.

Stacking damage mitigation can come from pets, or gear procs.
    As the name implies, multiple instances of stacking damage mitigation are added to each other. For example krake daggers with kraken artifact would already achieve 75% dmg reduction.

Damage mitigation works the same everywhere, but it only comes from certain gear/ pets.
    Especially in the new cave maps armor can kind of suck, because the poison there will reduce it by a lot, to the point, where it will barely reduce any damage.

Mage can already reach maximum armor mitigation from kraken staff, which is why I think damage reduction is more important,
    Rouge reaches maximum damage mitigation with kraken daggers and kraken arti/or dmg red pet, so I think if u have either if these, armor is more important.
    Warrior already has decent armor mitigation, because of their higher armor values. If I try to be more tanky on warrior I generally go for armor, because pet and krak arti alone will gives you 50% damage mitigation already.

So which one is better?
    Damage mitigation is more dependable and most sources of damage mitigation will reduce damage by more, than a single source of armor mitigation will. But if you want to take less damage you will find reaching dmg mitigation cap isn't too difficult, in which case you'll still need to get armor.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MaAaT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MaAaT View Post
    Armor / armor mitigation can reduce damage by up to 80% the amount of damage it reduces is based on armor value and level. For level 86 u need around 18.500 armor for maximum damage reduction.
    You can increase armor with awakes pets or certain gear. Additionally the stat armor mitigation is basically the damage reduction by armor. There are items like profiteer amulet, that directly add 15% armor mitigation, which can be looked as at an increase of the armor value, resulting in 15% less damage taken.

Damage mitigation can reach 70%, which works the same everywhere, regardless of level. There is stacking and non-stacking damage mitigation. The highest Non-stacking mitigation for mage and warrior come from arcane shield and juggernaut and for rouge with 25% dmg reduction elix.

Stacking damage mitigation can come from pets, or gear procs.
    As the name implies, multiple instances of stacking damage mitigation are added to each other. For example krake daggers with kraken artifact would already achieve 75% dmg reduction.

Damage mitigation works the same everywhere, but it only comes from certain gear/ pets.
    Especially in the new cave maps armor can kind of suck, because the poison there will reduce it by a lot, to the point, where it will barely reduce any damage.

Mage can already reach maximum armor mitigation from kraken staff, which is why I think damage reduction is more important,
    Rouge reaches maximum damage mitigation with kraken daggers and kraken arti/or dmg red pet, so I think if u have either if these, armor is more important.
    Warrior already has decent armor mitigation, because of their higher armor values. If I try to be more tanky on warrior I generally go for armor, because pet and krak arti alone will gives you 50% damage mitigation already.

So which one is better?
    Damage mitigation is more dependable and most sources of damage mitigation will reduce damage by more, than a single source of armor mitigation will. But if you want to take less damage you will find reaching dmg mitigation cap isn't too difficult, in which case you'll still need to get armor.
    Theoretically highest non-stacking damage mitigation for all classes comes from glowstick aa.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MaAaT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

omg thanks a lot maat!! i really appreciate your detailed explaination!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snaptubepro View Post
    omg thanks a lot maat!! i really appreciate your detailed explaination!!!
    I hope it's somewhat understandable lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

You can use Heroic Staggos AA and take zero damage too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

" Give me the shortest most simple answer possible"
    " I got you bro with my 30 page mini book titled (Longest answer ever!"

" Thanks bro!"
    🤔