Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kano's Engineer Academy : Comprehensive skills + Play guide.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Uhuh. I personally let the points sit there rather than spend on skills I have no room to put into a bar. Dots just don't work well in this game. With everybody shooting mobs die before the dot ticks down. I haven't met a mob yet that didn't drop with five people shooting at it. Dots are only good on bosses where everybody is FRANTICALLY DOING THEIR JOB, and I for one have to worry about keeping the party and myself alive. My build reflects that. No nonsense, keeping everybody from dropping.

It might be useful in Voleria with actual surviving mobs if we were not constantly being one shot killed either by mobs or snipers.

If somebody could come in game with me and show me the 2 ms thing with Res I would be really grateful. I am extremely hesitant to spend the points myself because if it's just trolling or wishful thinking then I will have to respec right away to take the points out. I am very efficient with my points. Either I use it and it fits into my bars as Rank X, or I don't use it and have zero points in it.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 07-22-2012 at 02:35 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Uhuh. I personally let the points sit there rather than spend on skills I have no room to put into a bar. Dots just don't work well in this game. With everybody shooting mobs die before the dot ticks down. I haven't met a mob yet that didn't drop with five people shooting at it. Dots are only good on bosses where everybody is FRANTICALLY DOING THEIR JOB, and I for one have to worry about keeping the party and myself alive. My build reflects that. No nonsense, keeping everybody from dropping.

It might be useful in Voleria with actual surviving mobs if we were not constantly being one shot killed either by mobs or snipers.

If somebody could come in game with me and show me the 2 ms thing with Res I would be really grateful. I am extremely hesitant to spend the points myself because if it's just trolling or wishful thinking then I will have to respec right away to take the points out. I am very efficient with my points. Either I use it and it fits into my bars as Rank X, or I don't use it and have zero points in it.
    ill test this out when i get in game (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Yes. I'm trolling. *eye roll* Believe what you will, it doesn't matter to me. *shrugs*

-----
    NOTE TO READER: This post should most likely be read with a sarcastic tone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

I've used suppression right after The coms attack with their aok. it works that way. I've used this with Rice and Piano, both playing coms and some of the finest coms I know, its getting to know who your playing with. Yes its usless to use it before a com attacks with aok, so wait till they used the combo then suppress the enimies. It works to great respect and they appreciate while their skills refresh.

I am also one to hate it when people use suppression while during combat or engagement with the mobs. It messes ops and others up so I completely understand where your coming from my good freind.
    Instead only use it if your in front leading the charge, like a good Eng tanker does (comeng) then none of your team catching up gets affected by the auto lock swap.

Then when your running with coms that are good tankers and group leaders you let them do all the aok and then, if you feel they are needing a little
    more crowd control, use suppression after the aok to help the coms recover from their aggro mob rush.

When there is a op in your party though, I repeat never use suppression during combat, always before you engage. It helps the team work best.

When all your team mates are dead because of blue IP Vular praying mantas type bugs have ripped their heads off and your the only one left to revive em for example. Use suppression first to block the mobs then revive, then heal, then continue the fight.

Hope that helps clarify why I believe suppression is a helpfull tool and these above are the correct way to use it without upsetting the balance of your group dynamics .

I also apologise if I'm coming off sounding like A nut here, hut I have prooved to countless people that suppression can work effectively when used in small doses at the right time.
    It's down to you if you refuse to believe me now and so forth I will zip my lips and let it be.

*zipp*

Keep up the good discussions. This is how we better as a class when we discuss good strategies and a good guide like yours.

My best Respect and love for you Kanozaki <3
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitchturbo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo View Post
    I've used suppression right after The coms attack with their aok. it works that way. I've used this with Rice and Piano, both playing coms and some of the finest coms I know, its getting to know who your playing with. Yes its usless to use it before a com attacks with aok, so wait till they used the combo then suppress the enimies. It works to great respect and they appreciate while their skills refresh.

I am also one to hate it when people use suppression while during combat or engagement with the mobs. It messes ops and others up so I completely understand where your coming from my good freind.
    Instead only use it if your in front leading the charge, like a good Eng tanker does (comeng) then none of your team catching up gets affected by the auto lock swap.

Then when your running with coms that are good tankers and group leaders you let them do all the aok and then, if you feel they are needing a little
    more crowd control, use suppression after the aok to help the coms recover from their aggro mob rush.

When there is a op in your party though, I repeat never use suppression during combat, always before you engage. It helps the team work best.

When all your team mates are dead because of blue IP Vular praying mantas type bugs have ripped their heads off and your the only one left to revive em for example. Use suppression first to block the mobs then revive, then heal, then continue the fight.

Hope that helps clarify why I believe suppression is a helpfull tool and these above are the correct way to use it without upsetting the balance of your group dynamics .

I also apologise if I'm coming off sounding like A nut here, hut I have prooved to countless people that suppression can work effectively when used in small doses at the right time.
    It's down to you if you refuse to believe me now and so forth I will zip my lips and let it be.

*zipp*

Keep up the good discussions. This is how we better as a class when we discuss good strategies and a good guide like yours.

My best Respect and love for you Kanozaki <3
    lol <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch:720016

Yes. I'm trolling. *eye roll* Believe what you will, it doesn't matter to me. *shrugs*

-----
    NOTE TO READER: This post should most likely be read with a sarcastic tone.
    Dude I wasn't calling you a troll. Just would like to see somebody use it on me with no other buffs on to see for myself, you know?

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Force Shield is completely useless at this point in the game. I did the math out in my thread in SL suggestions...worst mana regen skill of all 3 classes, and it has the chance to be negated instantly after casting...with the longest recharge. Agree that if you want just the mana regen, you'll need to either use 1 or go to 5, no middle ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Kano is that 5 regen with any buffs tho? Like with Force Shield/Revive?

I think Piano was referring to 4-5 Regen with just armor.
    Cause my lvl 38 Engi was getting 5 regen with armor and buffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

hmm nice build but this is mine (PvE build):
    3-6-6-1
    5-0-5-6
    2-5-0
    i might me missing a few as i didnt check my phone coz its broken. so basically yeah..
    Hellcurse l Manofmight l Hellcurseii
    PROUD OFFICER OF RAMPAGE