Thread: [SKILL] Magic Shield Explained. Duration too short?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb [SKILL] Magic Shield Explained. Duration too short?

Magic Shield

Original Description
    Divert incoming damage to your mana pool!
    Cost 20 mana. 12 sec duration. +Armor per rank.

Actual Skill Stats
    The duration remains 12 sec. regardless of skill level. The damage you take from an enemy hit, reduced by the armor bonus is diverted to your mana pool (reduction of mana).

Level 1: +4 armor
    Level 2: +6 armor
    Level 3: +8 armor
    Level 4: +10 armor
    Level 5: +12 armor

Comments
    In my opinion, this skill is essential for any enchantress who would often get between the enemies for AOE blasting and taking the aggro. If your mana pool and mana regen is large and fast enough, you will at least survive those heavy hits from stronger enemies in which you would go down in two seconds. However, it definitely doesn't last long enough.

Strange Effect
    There is a strange effect that after you AOE blast, you attract aggro and take hits. I always get stuck and not allowed to move until after 2 or 3 seconds. It is not lag and I don't think there are any spell casters who root me to the ground. That wastes another few seconds of the magic shield while I am supposed to run back to avoid full aggro before my AOE spells are recharged.

Suggestion
    Since most Enchantress help out the party by healing, buffing, resurrecting. I think it is fair to make her possibly to stay up a bit longer and the other classes would agree.

The Archer crit, evasion buff last 20 seconds (which is good!). There are only 4 skill shortcut buttons on screen, it becomes very annoying to have to activate and check on the recharge of the magic shield in the skill book. I hope the duration can be lengthened to 14 or 16 seconds something to make it more reasonable.

Remember those who use this skill are those who focus on INT to be able to use this mana draining spell so we would not be having a high DEX dodge or high STR HP to make things unbalanced. Also, another penalty is that the 1H wands damage are nerfed to promote 2H staves use so we would less likely wear the off hand bracer for armor bonus now...

Please feel free to share your comments!
    Last edited by Felora; 04-19-2010 at 09:31 PM.
    Felora - Level 30 Enchantress
    Preda - Level 28 Archer