Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 267

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Issues surrounding the ELITE items

  1. #1
    Banned vampinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    731
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default Issues surrounding the ELITE items

    Hi Forums,

    Before any of you react, I like to point out that I've been very constructive about the entire issue, I was dragged down by flamebaiters that's the reason why a related thread has been put down. I will make this thread, because I feel, the issue is a concern of the entire community not just the few...we got word that Technoemail will be going out to explain everything come Monday. That's awesome, that's what we want, I never intended to flame, and so, I will leave you with the "root" of all my long winded posts, these are my theoretical questions that I hope be answered by Technoemail, I've always had an open mind, I just want to hear it from the devs themselves:

    I was just wondering, what is the point of making it a "secret" if it were for advertising purposes? If it were a secret, was the entire plan was to make players believe that there are actually more players who has them when it's not the case...was that the ad they were trying to promote, because we all know about the elite items (unless you can't read the patch updates)? Please tell me, what good does it do aside from confusing the community and giving them false hopes of higher drop rates? Nobody knows these were "given" so most players will assume these are looted, thereby, making them more excited to farm, thereby, provoking them to spend more platinum which they wouldn't do had they been aware of the "actual" and "legitimate" drops (which was just 1 drop in the entire Alterra world at the time this issue exploded...I believe it's still 1 as of this post correct me if I'm wrong) :P

    Why didn't they just declare that Saycred did this and that and therefore earns whatever, I've never seen a game give recognition on someone's contribution and keep it a secret (until now)...that will then make it a paradox...a secret recognition :P. So...can we all assume that this is "normal" practice for STS? They give "secret" stuff?...was this the first time or was this the first time it got "exposed" for everyone to see? :P

    This single event gives every player the presumption that another player's "awesome" item is just a gift, who are we to say otherwise? we now have to take photos of every drop we get just to prove it was a legit drop. Do you see the ripple effect? :P (unless that's also part of the advertisement, it's not making sense as far as advertising).

    It was only when someone saw Saycred wearing the Elite Items that they were forced to speak of this as advertisement, etc.? I don't recall reading anything that says Saycred wanted the info out...Did they go out and tell everyone, hey, let's all give Saycred applause, no, the forums had to force the issue first, was that part of the advertisement too? Did they plan that a lot of people gets upset first and let those players try to force the issue out before they declare it's an advertisement? wow what a breakthrough advertisement, not even Steve Jobs (RIP) can do that...you need to have ability to look into the future to know people will find your "secret"...oh wait, maybe...the person who discovered the "secret" was part of the act?...wow it's just getting more brilliant by the second. :P Sarcasm aside, if that were the case, then this is really a genius ad scheme, because it worked, everyone's talking about it now, but was it really the intention? upset us first, then divulge info later on? Does the end justify the means? :P

    I find it amusing how people are "easily" buying into this advertisement without even dissecting the events that led up to this "predicament", and my opinion is not fueled by jealousy, If this was something like the other previous personalized recognitions (i.e. Buwanda) in the past (that were clear and proper, no ambiguities, etc.), then yes I'd be jealous, but I wouldn't want to be the center of a controversy like this, no sir, you can have it all.

    It doesn't make sense, you have three guys (players) designing the "weapons" and got recognized by the forums, had their names imprinted on the weapons, and Saycred's contribution is a secret? (scratches head) major plothole? I also remember Cinco mentioning he doesn't want players to grieve in response to why there's no breakable items in the game...and this secret is obviously causing more than that (plothole again?). You have a staff named after a player (Buwanda) but Saycred has to be a secret? I don't think anyone would mind the elite Staff be named after Saycred if he really did contribute, that's better than this 007-esque method. It's just filled with plotholes...it doesn't hold water. I'm looking forward to Technoemail's official statement, as what Saycred told me in-game.

    I personally like to be proven wrong. I am also a player, why would I want to do harm to a community I'm part with? But that also doesn't mean I will not be critical. It's a love-hate relationship, mostly love.


    PS: Either that^ or this is just real bad advertisement scheme unless the intention was to promote flaming and hatefest :P

    PSS: Make it constructive please, nobody is here to argue, we all want answers don't we?
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-22-2012 at 10:03 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to vampinoy For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Senior Member HunterSLAYER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Posts
    1,689
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    14
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    123
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

    Default

    The best solution is....just wait for technomail to announce it here.



    Sent from The Vular Hive! XD
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to HunterSLAYER For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Banned vampinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    731
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by =>HunterSLAYER<= View Post
    The best solution is....just wait for technomail to announce it here.



    Sent from The Vular Hive! XD
    Yesssir, that is the purpose of this thread.

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    69
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    37
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    17
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

    Default

    I did not read your entire post. Don't need to! Grow up, get over it and move on.

  7. #5
    Luminary Poster Energizeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,244
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    962
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,925
    Thanked in
    1,211 Posts

    Default

    Name:  deadhorse.jpg
Views: 55956
Size:  130.6 KB

  8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Banned vampinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    731
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    I'll purposely ignore posts that will be non-constructive because I have the ability to control myself, the intention is to save this thread from being locked. If it makes you feel good to troll and flame, then by all means. I hope they just delete your posts and save this thread because this thread's message is constructive. I didn't think I was that important to start with. :P Keep it clean.

  10. #7
    Senior Member Appleisaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    hehehehehe...
    Posts
    1,306
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    296
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    98
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

    Default

    Your whole little thingy there is based on assumption... I suppose there is no way to prove you wrong, but I don't see a way to prove you right either.
    I will say this, however:
    There has never been an item like this in the history of the game. These items have crazy rareity, and they can only be obtained through a team of 71s. Dont you think it makes sence to flash around the product for a little bit so people know what its like?
    Your whole argument is based on theory, but I suppose you could say mine is too.

    Please tell me you consider this constructive, not trollolololing or flaming.
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

  11. #8
    Banned vampinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    731
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    Your whole little thingy there is based on assumption... I suppose there is no way to prove you wrong, but I don't see a way to prove you right either.
    I will say this, however:
    There has never been an item like this in the history of the game. These items have crazy rareity, and they can only be obtained through a team of 71s. Dont you think it makes sence to flash around the product for a little bit so people know what its like?
    Your whole argument is based on theory, but I suppose you could say mine is too.
    It is based on theory...that's why it demands answers to solidify it...I never claimed these as facts. But thank you for being more constructive this time :P

  12. #9
    Senior Member TANKKAAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Down under!
    Posts
    1,798
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    430
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    246
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

    Default


  13. #10
    Banned vampinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    731
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Again, for those who WANT ANSWERS, stand fast, don't let flamebaiters get to you. Let them talk, let them tire, and let this thread survive, until we get our most awaited response from Technoemail. :P

  14. #11
    Senior Member Paar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    2,475
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    129
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

    Default

    Vamp, This doesn't even have to do with you or anyone else for that matter besides the Devs, and the players who recieved the gifts, and most "Importantly" Saycred.. Only you would drag this crap on. Like Energizeric and Tankaar very Humorously put in a picture. Stop beating the damn horse.
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter


  15. #12
    Guardian of Alterra RedRyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In a room I've built myself
    Posts
    6,737
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    542
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    887
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    I'll purposely ignore posts that will be non-constructive because I have the ability to control myself, the intention is to save this thread from being locked. If it makes you feel good to troll and flame, then by all means. I hope they just delete your posts and save this thread because this thread's message is constructive. I didn't think I was that important to start with. :P Keep it clean.
    A duplicate thread will get locked, no matter how flame free it is, especially considering that this is the 3-5th thread on this subject.

  16. #13
    Banned vampinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    731
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    If it were a dead horse, then why did Technoemail through Woundedeagle said she would explain everything come Monday? unless that was a lie? I don't think Woundedeagle will lie about something like that. Even the dev considers this issue "live". Please, if you don't have anything nice to say, try to control your rage. I'm genuinely asking you to lay off my thread, it has a good purpose in it.

  17. #14
    Banned vampinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    731
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    A duplicate thread will get locked, no matter how flame free it is, especially considering that this is the 3-5th thread on this subject.
    Then I'll patiently wait 'til they all get locked, so I can make just one or they get merged. I've no problems with that.

  18. #15
    Senior Member Paar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    2,475
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    129
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

    Default

    Yes, You caught me. I'm filled with Rage! Omg! I could explode with rage! >.< Gimme a Bat boys! I'm about to smack a horse!


    In the good words of DeathPunch.

    ---------------------
    This Post should most likely be read with a SARCASTIC Tone.
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter


  19. #16
    The Doppelgänger WoundedEagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    idk
    Posts
    3,750
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    914
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    477
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

    Default

    Please leave the subject alone. You are basically asking to get flamed. This was all discussed in the last thread; the one that's locked. You've gotten your point across, now leave the subject alone. Not to be completely rude, but you've gone from just vampinoy - to vamp-annoy. Techno will make her OWN thread when she gets on forums tomorrow - let us remember STS doesn't work on weekends. Thanks.

  20. #17
    Banned vampinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    731
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paar View Post
    Yes, You caught me. I'm filled with Rage! Omg! I could explode with rage! >.< Gimme a Bat boys! I'm about to smack a horse!


    In the good words of DeathPunch.

    ---------------------
    This Post should most likely be read with a SARCASTIC Tone.
    There you go again...you just love to flame me do you? :P Don't worry, I'll return you the favor once this is all over :P Please, let cooler heads prevail, you don't even have to post in this thread. Just let this stay until Monday, savvy?

  21. #18
    Banned vampinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    731
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    Please leave the subject alone. You are basically asking to get flamed. This was all discussed in the last thread; the one that's locked. You've gotten your point across, now leave the subject alone. Not to be completely rude, but you've gone from just vampinoy - to vamp-annoy. Techno will make her OWN thread when she gets on forums tomorrow - let us remember STS doesn't work on weekends. Thanks.
    It's you who's not leaving me alone...leave this thread alone, and I will stop talking, savvy? Why you so threatened by this single thread? Anyway, please, let cooler heads prevail.

  22. #19
    Guardian of Alterra RedRyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In a room I've built myself
    Posts
    6,737
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    542
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    887
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    Then I'll patiently wait 'til they all get locked, so I can make just one.
    My goodness you're stubborn. You know it's against the rules, but you insist on making another thread because you obviously feel like you're better than everyone else so the rules don't apply to you. I don't care how much money you contribute to STS, just because you made the thread doesn't make it anymore useful than the other ones.

    Waste of space is all this thread is.

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:


  24. #20
    The Doppelgänger WoundedEagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    idk
    Posts
    3,750
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    914
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    477
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    It's you who's not leaving me alone...leave this thread alone, and I will stop talking, savvy? Why you so threatened by this single thread? Anyway, please, let cooler heads prevail.
    Completely unexpected response. You are confused. I barely barked at you in the previous thread because other people were doing it already. You just need to cut it out. There has already been 3-5 threads basically discussing this same subject.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 08:11 PM
  2. Patch Issues: Missing Items
    By Lady_Pebbles in forum DL General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 06:28 PM
  3. Elite Items
    By olimaxnik in forum PL New Players
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 04:00 PM
  4. Elite Items
    By olimaxnik in forum Enchantress Class Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 01:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •