Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too hard to sell anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It has always been like this over the last years and the emergence of AL. Don't know why so many are still surprised by how hard the prices fluctuate when new stuff gets added and older stuff replaced with better gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    The reason for this is because everyone had loads of gold a few months ago then we started getting hit with events where we are supposed to hoard stuff and so we hoarded stuff and now most don't have a lot of gold. Easter we hoarded eggs, most events after easter we hoarded vanities, Awakening event is around the corner so no one wants gears, Goblin is tomorrow so people are going to be buying loads of cheap speed sets.
    Winter - Market is flooded with gold.
    Spring - Market is getting many new pets and vanities. Gold is a bit less flooded.
    Summer - Market is dry, there are a lot of things being hoarded.
    Late Summer / Fall - Market uprise, item prices increase as we anticipated. Usually a gold event is brought up or a new way of making gold faster is added.

Its even like this in real life. Except for those gas prices.
    then your crops come in, you sell um at the mill and buy Ma & Pa Christmas presents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

There is an uncertanty in the game right now. The people that seem to have alot of gold usually stash away a savings account or what others like to call " hoarding stuff." ...I would use the gold I had on hand and if I really wanted or needed something i would sparingly pull from my savings and sell something for the gold I needed... But now we never know if what we have stashed is going to be re released or what ever making it worthless or something worthless is going to be a big hit.

I know people are going to say this event only happens one time per year but that doesnt stop things from being thrown in the store for plat sale anytime of the year. Its making less and less on hand gold to be moved around which in turn is making things harder and harder to sell (or buy.)

The staff that was re released with the yellow (orange) founder set recently I had called a natural selection staff. Before this event I sold it for 20m to a friend (Discount price.) If I had kept it then it would have been worthless. (Sorry my friend. I had no idea.)

Anyways... with uncertainty in the air people just arent making many moves or any moves at all, which is terrible for the economy. The people that want things to be readily available that are super hard to find dont realize that once their white whale or unicorn is everywhere it no longer holds the same "Magical feel" it once had. One of the funnest things in the game is wishing for something that seems so far out of reach and the search for it. take that away and people get bored quick with it when they get it. The Para arura is a perfect example.

My para is the real deal and yes its inserted into a ((Now) worthless lvl 30 amulet but my stats are so strong that it doesnt effect me at all to wear it all the time and it has the bluè firebugs and i can wear it with my other arura. much better than the re release arura. imo....

I know prices can change at any given moment but as long as there is no stability at all in item value then we will continue to see low buys & Low sales. justs a fact.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Deep marsh got nerfed and sunken is boring, less people gold farming = less people willing to buy expensive stuff. That and we don't know when arc gears are being released so yes, people are uncertain about useful gear. Most players don't wanna buy an artifact for 40m when a new one could be right around the corner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The answer to all this: players are leaving, the filthy richies that keep increasing the prices can no longer do their work so the prices of every item will decrease, vanities have decreased significantly lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Reading too much into this. Look at the events, its not much deeper than that.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Elite Sunken I yield at least 2.5m in a decent team and up to 4m an hour. Just as good as DM, except this is open 24/7. I suppose a lot of people haven't tried it yet.

Yes, everything is dropping right now, because the majority of people stopped gold farming after nerfing DM, thinking it was all over.

I anticipate even higher prices in the coming months. The release of arcane gears, as well as the upcoming awakening event, will make things much easier, and more people will participate.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    I need to answer for that post i have 800% gl and i have like 2m+ with good team there. In dm i had much more :/ also this map is hard you need to wear expensive items and warrior in team to make reasonable runs. In dm we had 5 bosses there is just one :/ the only one advantage of this map its 24/7 but how long we can grind? Im bored after 2 hours really... I was able to run dm or evg by 10 hours and it was fun for me.

Wysłane z mojego RMX2193 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
    I need to answer for that post i have 800% gl and i have like 2m+ with good team there. In dm i had much more :/ also this map is hard you need to wear expensive items and warrior in team to make reasonable runs. In dm we had 5 bosses there is just one :/ the only one advantage of this map its 24/7 but how long we can grind? Im bored after 2 hours really... I was able to run dm or evg by 10 hours and it was fun for me.

This is what i feel too while running at esf, I miss the time we wait for dm to open then exite to run party even in even the low geared player on random can farm there and they got the gold to buy something they need or something they want to test the items and then sell it if they are not satisfied, buy and sell at cs and to paradise pier continues to flow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Camelot View Post

The quickest teams also needed one tank for DM and EvG.

Note that you were running Evg and DM with gears from future expansions. We currently don't have any Lv81 arcanes, yet we're capable of earning 2-4m/hr.

Have you tried farming gold in DM back in 2018 with just mire sets/Ebon weapons? They had it much worse relative to what we're earning with current gears.

Elite Sunken is more fun since it requires more skill and team coordination to efficiently kill the mini's and bosses.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Too many items are being released at once, a flooded market. Tooo many options to choose from makes me aarrrrgggg.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Idk if it's just me but
    DM was boring and EVG was too long.
    I like ESF because it's short, quick, open 24/7 and still drops decent amount of gold.
    Ign: Brimstony

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Gold sink:

That would not solve the problem. The problem has always been the gold looting system. It was a good idea at first but not anymore... There is a huge gap between players. 80% of players own 20% of the wealth and 20% of players own 80% of the wealth. Numbers are just for imagination. These 20% of the players, THEY DO REALLY affect the market a lot.

Some people do not even have a chance to get a gold loot set. Mostly, it is the new guys.

1. Can they farm elite locks? - They can, but how long till they get bored?
    2. Can they make a lot of gold from events? - They can but they don't know how.
    3. Can they make money from merching? - Huh? They are newbies...
    4. Can they make money from free platinum offers? - They can but they don't know what to spend it for. And at first, they would have to love the game in order to even want to explore what the game has to offer.

The point is - it might be fair. The more you play the more you have. Nothing is ever supposed to be easy. But there really is a huge gap. Game is supposed to be fun. Sometimes this game really reminds me of reality I am trying to escape for a while. But all I really see is a reflection of our world. Of the greediness, ever wanting lust, hate, competing and all of it.

It actually makes me not want to do anything in the game but to sit in a city and talk to people and or help people. Everyone just wants everything they forget about the beauty of the game.
    Thank you Spacetimestudios for being a part of my life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

These type of games have whales who are 1% of the community but that's the target audience.
    Most mobile mmorpgs roll on this money maker.
    As the previous said most wealth is concentrated between a few people, that's also because they are probably the whales who pump these games with money to distinguish themselves from others., like a status symbol.
    Meanwhile the free to play is going to get there but time and effort is synonymously the money they have to put in which is tedious that too, at this point of the game.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythocrisis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Great point!

Free to play games, of course, have to be funded somehow. It's always been the top x% whom we should thank. But it has nothing to do (for example) with the gold looting system...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    These type of games have whales who are 1% of the community but that's the target audience.
    Most mobile mmorpgs roll on this money maker.
    As the previous said most wealth is concentrated between a few people, that's also because they are probably the whales who pump these games with money to distinguish themselves from others., like a status symbol.
    Meanwhile the free to play is going to get there but time and effort is synonymously the money they have to put in which is tedious that too, at this point of the game.
    Thank you Spacetimestudios for being a part of my life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Ngl tho economy a little drained. Just wait until the awaken event hits we going into the great depression

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itzmemohsin View Post
    Ye players reducing slowly , hence market is at it's lows, hope devs do something to make the economy active again , otherwise the game is on its way to die.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    This may come as a shock to you, Itzmemohsin. You are the only human who has played the game in the last 5 years.