Thread: The game pt.1

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default The game pt.1

i just want to say thank you to the devs. your work is appreciated.

"Layers"

layers are important with how mechanics interact with each other. its important because without these interactions the game loses depth.

people will be quick to jump and speak about gear swap. people have said many times that gear swap gave a.l depth. but that layer of depth was thin.

honestly it didnt give the game any depth at all.

getting back on track

imagine you were a dev. now think of away to introduce something new into the game that would've added onto gear swap? keep in mind that most mechanics in the game lost their purpose already.

their best options were to keep it the same or nerf it. the whole thing with gear swap and hotbars is that these things were never intended.

the nerf was done with good intentions at least thats what i believe. sometimes you need to take 2 steps back to take a step forward.

with that being said a lot things that exist in the game is short and to the point. i could be wrong but i dont believe this is healthy for the game.

people will say things like " this should be like this" with no thought behind it. the worst part about this whole thing is. you'll sometimes get large groups of people that agree on a solution that actually doesn't solve anything. it just adds another layer to the problem making it harder to undo in the future.

good examples of this would be

Gold loot,hot bars,auras and more

the game is so far in this type of stuff i dont think anything can be undone. from one perspective its bad but from the other perspective its good.

getting to the point.

im not happy with the current state of the game. this is due to how much i think i know about the game.

but at the same time i can take a step back and look at it from both sides while remaining neutral.

"Balance"

the issue isn't balance the issue is how power is obtained.

try to think of it from a devs perspective.
    people are happy when their class is broken and people are sad when their class is useless. its hard to please everyone so rotations in power is a great way to approach " balance".

the problem is when a rotation power does happen. it ends up hurting more players then it actually helps.

players invest so much time and money into their class. on top of that our toons and name become our identity over time. so it's hard for certain players to just let go of that and move on to whats top tier.

the best gear is found in locked chest. when a rotation of power happens people get hit hard with a reality check. its like the gear has no weight. either the gear rotates out, the proc gets nerfed into the ground, new items lose value due to over saturation, or content magically becomes immune to the mechanic's that procs apply.

these are some mechanics that lost purpose over time due to what a.l has evolved into.

banish
    stun
    freeze
    paralyze
    panic
    terrify
    reduced armor
    reduced speed
    snare
    root
    all forms d.o.t damage
    and probably more that i can't think of atm.

for next wew days ill be making some post on what ive been writing. the post ill be sharing are from my perspective alone.

instead of making one massive post i thought it would be better to break it down into parts. i want people to have a discussion.

when the topic slows down ill make the next post.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Potofgreed For This Useful Post: