Thread: The game pt.2

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default The game pt.2

"lootable gear and streaming"

looting gear with random modifications would be nice for the game and really strong for content creation.

imagine you were streaming and you had a decent amount of viewers. doesn't that make it more exciting to loot something with a rare combination of modifiers? or will it get boring over time?

this is also powerful for hardcore and streaming hardcore. because now youll have to create your gear through out the leveling process.

the problem is a new system for items and crafting modifications onto items would have to be introduced into the game. which isn't easy.

farming gold while streaming isnt fun because there's nothing exciting about it. imagine faking excitement every wave in evg because you looted 30k gold.

opening loot boxes on stream is a double edged sword. because its funny to see someone who wasted 1k usd not get anything.

from another perspective it can be exciting when they do loot something. or..... is it still funny because they've wasted so much money to finally loot something?

"loot boxes"

i understand why the game has loot boxes.

but the game shouldn't have loot boxes anymore. unlocks are a quick fix that is very much appreciated.

but why does the game actually need to revolve around loot boxes still?

loot boxes were designed with a few things in mind. one of the things it was designed around was keeping the game a float. if loot boxes aren't consistently opened items wont be put into the game.

unlocked boxes does solve this issue. but what happens when unlocks are consistently being introduced into the game? what happens when vanities, and pets are consistently introduced into the game?.

the game in the current state sorta reminds me of a faucet thats been left on and forgotten.

locked and unlocked boxes honestly deletes a lot of content from the game. it also leaves a stain on arcane legends space in YouTube and twitch.

1st impressions are everything so when most people see loot boxes and progress pay walls they dont give it a chance.

youtube and twitch content that was uploaded will most likely stay there for ever. imagine you just saw a video of arcane legends from 8 years ago for the 1st time. you click the video and the content creator was opening locked crates. would this get you excited to play and do the same exact thing?

" junk items"

the reason why junk items exist is so that when you're mapping. your inventory slots will eventually become full. junk items are also good filler for all chest.

im not sure if they changed this recently. but if i remember correctly opening chest allowed you to exceed the inventory limit. this was by design.

slowly they started adding options to make opening inventory slots a lot more accessible. various tokens,tags, and coins can now be exchanged to open inventory slots.

in 2022 these junk items still do what they were designed to do and that is to fill your inventory slots.

i think cinco or justg asked the community once if we wanted to loot items or gold. the community back then voted in favor of gold.

looting gold strips the game of so much content for YouTube and twitch. it also stripped the game of a lot of possibilities.

im bringing this up because people want gear that drops as loot. but people dont understand that a lot of mechanics have to be redesigned. its not a easy fix . its a lot of layers they got to peel back and address before they actually change anything.

im not saying that they will. i just want people to understand.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Potofgreed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I'm confused are you saying you want the paywall to go away and for content to be Lootable for free? How would sts benefit from that? Also to stream a game and for people to watch a stream the gameplay should be enjoyable and currently arcane legends does not have that content.

Sorry to say it but even as a new player I wouldn't look forward to playing hours each day just to make enough gold to buy a speed set and then save up for gold loot or a weapon it's just tedious and simply put boring. So in other words streaming really wouldn't do anything to promote activity for this game.

Oh, another example we have our much loved and hated encryptions who does youtube content and yet people violently harass him. Why would anyone want to be a content creator for a game with such a small toxic community that throws obscenities at helpful people? Not me at least, - Atoned
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Repent View Post
    I'm confused are you saying you want the paywall to go away and for content to be Lootable for free? How would sts benefit from that? Also to stream a game and for people to watch a stream the gameplay should be enjoyable and currently arcane legends does not have that content.

Sorry to say it but even as a new player I wouldn't look forward to playing hours each day just to make enough gold to buy a speed set and then save up for gold loot or a weapon it's just tedious and simply put boring. So in other words streaming really wouldn't do anything to promote activity for this game.

Oh, another example we have our much loved and hated encryptions who does youtube content and yet people violently harass him. Why would anyone want to be a content creator for a game with such a small toxic community that throws obscenities at helpful people? Not me at least, - Atoned
    ill be making a post once day and it might answer some of things you brought up. also read The game pt 1.

but yeah pretty much
    path of exile sells skins " Arpg"
    lost ark sells skins " MMO AROG"
    dota sells skins " moba"
    league of legends sells skins "moba"
    mobile legends sells skins " moba"

and more games just sell skins.

all these skins are untradable btw as soon as skins become tradable the game evolves into something different. arcane legends is a great example of that.

all these games sell skins and some of them even do collaborations with other companies.

theyll sometimes have skin boxes too

for some reason or another these companies are far more successful. dont you find it interesting that companies can actually make money from selling skins and visual effects a lone? because i do.

btw im not suggesting for none of this to be applied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Mucho texto

Sent from my Tesla Model S using Tapatalk

Arcane Legends Since 2012

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GucciBang View Post
    Mucho texto

Sent from my Tesla Model S using Tapatalk
    now imagine if i actually put everything in one post.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post
    now imagine if i actually put everything in one post.

That would have been preferred

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    That would have been preferred

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk
    no one would have read everything one take. as soon as someone would have saw something that triggered them. they would have left a comment and gg. they wouldn't have bothered reading the rest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Sent from my RMX3151 using Tapatalk