Thread: The game pt.3

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default The game pt.3

"skill tree,builds and creating items"

The games meta should revolve around skill trees,builds and creating items.

because if they decide to nerf something on the skill tree or build. it would hurt way less when compared to nerfing items with powerful procs. this mainly has to do with the fact that you'll be crafting powerful items from scratch.

the issue with a system like this is most people currently playing the game will actually hate it.

with that being said i personally believe items shouldn't have procs. if a item has a proc it should be something small like a 5% increase in damage.

if the games meta revolved around skill trees ,builds and creating items. people would be able to create hundreds of unique builds. these type of changes also lend hand in content creation. flooding youtube with tons of guides and creative takes on builds.

items shouldn't lose value in the same way items lose value today.

if the items created were made specifically for a broken build and that build gets nerfed. the build should still be playable. but i can see people over reacting to nerfs and prices will still probably tank just as bad.

the method thats currently being used today is direct and straight to the point. it cuts a lot of excess from existing in the game. this makes the game lot easier to maintain and to understand.

but i understand why lol i respect it.

"potions and heals"

this is a example so im exaggerating this but i hope it gets the point across.

this concept is found in another Arpg that use a flask system.

at 1 point i thought that potions and heals should be removed from the game. due to how your thumbs are placed on a mobile device. the way your left thumb has to spam potions and your right thumb has to spam skills will leave you in these weird situations. because you have to let go of your analog and become a sitting duck. anyways in replacement to pots I thought of leech and mana leech would be ideal.

but after giving it thought i realized potions should revolve around health regen and mana regen.

leech and mana leech should be their own thing.

Example

lets say there was 2 buttons. health potion and mana potion. when used potions will give you 100% regen for a duration of 4 seconds.

lets say on your skill tree or with modifications on your gear you can increase your base health and mana regen to 100%.

you can also increase the duration of health potion or mana potion with gear modifiers.

lets say you used a potion before pulling a mob in elite maus. the duration of the health potion is 10s and the health potion regen combined with your base regen is 150%.

no you cant spam potions. potions will have a cooldown " refill".once the potion duration is over you wont be able to press it again until the potion has refilled. lets say the cooldown will be 300ms but can be lowered with gear modifiers.

what if health and mana potion could roll 3 modifiers each? now when ever a potion is used you'll get a buff that will last for the duration of the potions regen.

the buff can be anything from 5% damage, 10% movespeed, and more.

if potions were this strong skill heals could be removed from the game.

"pets"

i personally believe pets should be reworked. most pet passives are useless due to content being immune to the debuffs they apply. we also clear so fast now pets dont have time to apply their passive debuffs.

new pet Concept

remove all pets from the game and give all 3 toons the same pet thats shaped like a orb. this orb does not attack or receive damage but can pick up loot.

the orb will reserve a percent of your mana for each point spent in the orbs skill tree. the orb will grant your toon extra offense and defense capabilities depending on the path you take.

because you're reserving mana. things like mana regen, ignore mana, int and mana jewels will become a lot more useful for each class.

reserved mana cant be used by your skills because its reserved to enable the points in the orbs skill tree.

you'll be allowed to cap your reserved mana at 100% this is a choice. if you would choose to cap your reserved mana. this would mean you wont be able to use skills because you'll have no mana available to use them. your basic attack and charged basic attack will be the only attacks youll have.

thats useless you figure out how to get 100% ignore mana. the downside would be you'll have to craft gear and jewels with ignore mana.

skins can be bought for platinum to be used on the orb to change its appearance.

" vanities"

all forms of vanities and skins should remain untradable.

only crafted gear should hold weight. when vanities hold weight it creates a different meta in the game. if a player really wants a S tier untradeable skin. that is something the player should pay for directly.

the issue of multiple copies of a vanity being bought by an individual wont happen anymore.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Potofgreed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

while these ideas are great the only thing that seems possible to implement is a rework to pets passives to make them more useful. We have seen new pets with great passives recently so the devs have heard our cry’s and have been hard at work making these necessary changes.

The skill tree idea while it would be awesome bc we could finally have some diverse builds that aren’t centered solely around weapon procs isn’t going to happen. We can conclude that based off of the recent decision to get rid of proc stacking which was imo what made the game enjoyable. Now all we have is monotonous grinding same procs same weapons same builds it’s boring. - Atoned
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Repent For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Repent View Post
    while these ideas are great the only thing that seems possible to implement is a rework to pets passives to make them more useful. We have seen new pets with great passives recently so the devs have heard our cry’s and have been hard at work making these necessary changes.

The skill tree idea while it would be awesome bc we could finally have some diverse builds that aren’t centered solely around weapon procs isn’t going to happen. We can conclude that based off of the recent decision to get rid of proc stacking which was imo what made the game enjoyable. Now all we have is monotonous grinding same procs same weapons same builds it’s boring. - Atoned
    thanks alot i appreciate it.

i dont expect for nothing that im talking about to be implemented. i just want people to understand why these things cant change.

in terms of pet passives just look at it from this perspective for a moment. seriously dwell on this thought.

lets say they deleted all pet passives tomorrow. it wouldn't change anything. the meta will be exactly the same. this is because pet passives dont do anything extremely game changing.

now slowly inject the best pet passives back into the game one by one. you should come to a realization that it actually doesn't matter.

yeah its good to have but its not so exaggerated that its actually needed anymore. which is a good thing too because some people cant afford the absolute best base pets.

the only pet passives that are useful are

gold loot
    reduce damage
    reduce crit hit chance
    Breezes freeze
    sapphire increase damage" i dont even think this is extremely game changing"
    am i missing something else?

i do appreciate what they're doing but i just expect to see the same exact things more in the future.
    Last edited by Potofgreed; 06-26-2022 at 06:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Bottom line is: Any and all context over the gap on a scale driven reply to avid skills are just going to remove all of the exclusive functionality of the system. So the OP of this thread should understand that & appreciate those facts.

Ive seen it happen time & time again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Sent from my RMX3151 using Tapatalk