Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
Ok, thanks for all the constructive feedback.

I went ahead and removed duels. No additional PvP achievements.

Although I stated numbers will be tweaked, I fixed the numbers for crafting/upgrading. While the numbers previously were 1, 10, 20, 50, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000, the jump from 50 to 1000 was an error. It's supposed to be 1, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 so an order of magnitude was removed. The original post has been updated.

Please remember this is for standard achievements. I'm considering adding "Feats" which will be a separate section in the category list where the fun/zany ones will live (inspired by Feats of Strength during Festivus). When the standard list is finalized and out, we can talk Feats in another thread.

There seemed to be some confusion in "players are not expected to reach every achievement". I'm not going to add impossible achievements (such as Has 2B Gold when the cap is 999M, or Reached Level 450). What I meant by that is you're not required to do every achievement. If you don't like the achievement or category, you're free to skip it.

Keep the comments, feedback, and constructive criticism coming!

-ALS
Great to hear there will be a different section with more entertaining achievements, that being said, these dull "standard" achievements could be very well kept unreleased since 99% of the current achievements in game are "standard" (repetitive/hidden behind a paywall/nonsensical).

I'm sure everyone can agree that adding more "standard" achievements is not a good thing to do, so please focus on "feats" achievements.

Even if you say we are not expected to complete every achievement, most players currently in the top player lbs or aiming to get in it will obviously complete it since they been working for it for a long time, the only reasons someone would skip an achievement is either s/he is not interested on getting into the top player lb or the achievement doesn't give achievement points.

If you want to add these so called "standard" achievements so be it, but make them give no points whatsoever, you can add plenty of things such as badges, an achievement exclusive colored title (this color would only be available for these achievements), vanities or furnishings. This way ppl will actually have a choice to skip them or not without it affecting the top player lb.