Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Achievements III (Standard)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I wonder how many of ppl comment are on overall lb. Or how many really care abt that lb. Anyway, what I can see is that devs really need help from active players.
    Try think of creating a little unofficial council with pve-pvp players and when needed u can have some conversations abt how to improve this game.
    Will be hard to choose legit ppl tho who don't just need improvements and bufs/nerfs for their personal interest sinse most suggestions is what they need at the time.
    Just a thought. I am not an op player with best knowledge abt this game but I can think of couple that might help.

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Any player saying pvp is dead, obviously doesn’t pvp. If you did, you’d know it isn’t. You just don’t wanna spend gold on gears cuz u cant dummy farm?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Can you put a good title for 500k pve kills and 1m pve kills . And can u put an option to view elite kills just like as we can see our pve kills . Once i suggested to add an Achievement for opening Arc guapo , Arc precious & Arc timber cuz they are arcanite version of OG pets (you said Added to list) but its not there..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Literally no point in adding Duels achievement - dummyfarm the alts or friends
    PVE kills - botting adventure
    Farming gold - considering how much gold portal drops sure, but at best make it 1,000,000 gold not 100m.
    Pets - 150 heroics out of 165? 100 is too many already, just another paywall unless you pull Eggzavier twice a year
    Slots - again, whats so leaderboard about them? Nothing really. You already made a paywall one with house slots, don't do it again when entire playerbase is against it
    Upgrading the gears - tweak the numbers to reasonable amount, but still it's not really good pick
    Crafting - just 1 flawless takes time and money, I believe its too late to implement such achievements if there was no background for them in first place

If you are saying that we're not expected to have some of these done, Im guessing mostly because of the numbers then I don't really get the idea of implementing these in first place.
    So far, wrong direction with achievements.
    Besides, I agree with the statements that players that have never hit top player or are nowhere near to be hitting it, debating whether old aps should be removed or how new ones should look like is just hilarious to me, it's not reliable feedback.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Igotu12 View Post
    Any player saying pvp is dead, obviously doesn’t pvp. If you did, you’d know it isn’t. You just don’t wanna spend gold on gears cuz u cant dummy farm?
    Gears don't matter anymore, as a rogue or mage you both 1 shot each other in pvp, as a warrior you can get your 40k hp with juggernaut active taken out by a rog or mage in 3 seconds. No one is playing due to how imbalanced it is. PvP is gone at the moment until they fix it, even this honor pvp is imbalanced but its not far off, its still playable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

We are looking for achievements to have fun with, not something such as the awakening one for example where in order to get the achievement you are forced to sit there and spend 100mil gold on blue gems in the awake event to press the same button 10k times in order to get 1 achievement.
    I mention this many times but we are looking for things like "craft the planar pendant", it is something new and interesting to do for those who never done planar tombs.
    The 1million pve thing is fine, but you devs will need to change some maps to be pve active as in they give pve kills. I suggest valley gates and maus 3-6. PvE is apart of playing the game, its something you passively get as you play.
    Pets is a huge no, anything going after spending large amounts of gold collecting something is not fun at all. PvP is no need to explain.
    Add more quests into the game for levels 50-81, add more things to do like the past, planar pendant, antignome set, banished set we had to craft those by doing quests and running maps to get materials. Now we rely on locks to get gears which at the start costs 100m + gold then drops down to 5m gold.
    Add more than just aps to harder achievements, add one of a kind very cool looking vanities or house items upon completion, people like the trophy questline in sidequests. Married for 1 2 3 4 years, gives 0 aps but presents a pink, purple, or blue title with a banner for each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Horrible picks for new aps for the reasons people already explained.

I like @Encryptions idea about aps like planar pendant - similar to existing restored armor and glintstone set.

That kind of aps would require an actual playing and not just deep pockets and dumb clicking.

Trophy quests are great too and should have gotten aps from the beginning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killerjam View Post
    -1 duel aps, crafting/upgrading aps
    agree.

I would still prefer APs related to team work similar to lichly consternation or quest like the mythic set.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to aikl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Duels: they will be the same as pvp, a lot of "illegal trade" and bots, but easier you don't have people in the way, long maps or barriers.
    Items: really exaggerated numbers for aps that don't give any benefit, just click like crazy.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    We are looking for achievements to have fun with, not something such as the awakening one for example where in order to get the achievement you are forced to sit there and spend 100mil gold on blue gems in the awake event to press the same button 10k times in order to get 1 achievement.
    I mention this many times but we are looking for things like "craft the planar pendant", it is something new and interesting to do for those who never done planar tombs.
    The 1million pve thing is fine, but you devs will need to change some maps to be pve active as in they give pve kills. I suggest valley gates and maus 3-6. PvE is apart of playing the game, its something you passively get as you play.
    Pets is a huge no, anything going after spending large amounts of gold collecting something is not fun at all. PvP is no need to explain.
    Add more quests into the game for levels 50-81, add more things to do like the past, planar pendant, antignome set, banished set we had to craft those by doing quests and running maps to get materials. Now we rely on locks to get gears which at the start costs 100m + gold then drops down to 5m gold.
    Add more than just aps to harder achievements, add one of a kind very cool looking vanities or house items upon completion, people like the trophy questline in sidequests. Married for 1 2 3 4 years, gives 0 aps but presents a pink, purple, or blue title with a banner for each.
    U can get pve kills in maus. Maus 3-6 maps are scaling to ur lvl so u get pve kills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papas View Post
    U can get pve kills in maus. Maus 3-6 maps are scaling to ur lvl so u get pve kills

Thought it was only 5-6 that did, didn't really pay attention in 1-4.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 06-29-2022 at 01:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

-1 for duels and also remove pvp aps

Everything else seems plain boring but is easy if you have gold on normal mode. Not really fun to do but will be done quick anyways for lb runners

15. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

craft slots
    duel

Sent from my DN2101 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Also in addition can u add some titles for reward when u get 35k and 40k aps? Need op title like apotheosis.
    Thanx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Duel 5k kills? Past then it was needed to level up a dummy to farm pvp kills now u just have to create a level 1 character. Its literally to explain it with Patrick star: We take the dummy farmed pvp aps from tdm/ctf and push them to duel.

It says 100 million gold looted from mobs are the bosses included? Just to clarify

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Removing PvP aps was the best idea you had and now are instead adding more that people can dummy farm? Not to mention pve kills that people will use bots to do.

Crafting/upgrading will take a while but it's doable
    Gold drops from mobs are very low on most maps, why not make it bosses too and up the amount needed?

These aps seem to almost all be buyable which I get it, you need to make money too but it's almost all of them which kind of defeats the purpose of "Achievements"

And when you say not all these aps are meant to be achievable why not add way way more different types of aps that take time to get?
    Because most of these aps can be got by one person if they have enough gold.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Two pages of customers disagreeing with devs suggestions, no one wants all this

Will they listen to their customers or loose out
    hmmmm
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

-1 for craft and duel aps and remove pvp aps too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,479 Posts

Ok, thanks for all the constructive feedback.

I went ahead and removed duels. No additional PvP achievements.

Although I stated numbers will be tweaked, I fixed the numbers for crafting/upgrading. While the numbers previously were 1, 10, 20, 50, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000, the jump from 50 to 1000 was an error. It's supposed to be 1, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 so an order of magnitude was removed. The original post has been updated.

Please remember this is for standard achievements. I'm considering adding "Feats" which will be a separate section in the category list where the fun/zany ones will live (inspired by Feats of Strength during Festivus). When the standard list is finalized and out, we can talk Feats in another thread.

There seemed to be some confusion in "players are not expected to reach every achievement". I'm not going to add impossible achievements (such as Has 2B Gold when the cap is 999M, or Reached Level 450). What I meant by that is you're not required to do every achievement. If you don't like the achievement or category, you're free to skip it.

Keep the comments, feedback, and constructive criticism coming!

-ALS

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Adding more jewel crafting achievements would increase the price of jewels and hence will give new/poor players a good way to make gold.

And I don't think players running for leaderboard would really be effected much as they already have to spend a lot of gold to top the leaderboard.