Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't play and talk anymore! Please chime in if this is problematic for you, too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    To begin with, if what you've said is true then you're the exception not the rule - elixir users often do boot non elixir users. And in case you haven't noticed elixir users often DO complain about non elixir users. I don't blame them tbh, if I were running 100% elixir runs, I'd also want the best return on investment.

I don't know how long you've been playing this game, but if it before mid 2011, you'll be completely unable to empathize with people who have been here since the Alien Oasis days and their values.
    Did you even read what he said?
    He acknowledges that plat users want the best out of their money.
    However, he wants the keyboard-movement-chat thing back.
    This thread isn't a go at plat users and booting. Its just a simple request for the old keyboard back.
    No, I insist. Call me democrats.
    Cause this time, the auto correct did'nt work.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to demoncrate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rockxout View Post
    Idk join me if u see me on. Most of time I'm elixered and chatty as all heck. Most of the people I run with are chatty as well even when we're "bashin". Add me ig same as my forum and I'd be glad to chat it up while we farmed monster bash or something of the like. Also would like to point out how many of those runs do u think those people were at work and didn't wanna be tapping away at phone like they were texting or something on the job...lol. Just saying I do it.
    Let's try this again. The issue is that STS changed the ability to type and walk simultaneously. iOS users used to be able to keep moving WHILE typing. We no longer can. Yes, my friends and I still sort of chat but it sucks now COMPARED TO before.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Let's try this again. The issue is that STS changed the ability to type and walk simultaneously. iOS users used to be able to keep moving WHILE typing. We no longer can. Yes, my friends and I still sort of chat but it sucks now COMPARED TO before.
    That sucks for ios i believe i still can and im on android. Like auto doesnt go off and i can sorta walk but i sometimes see people stop to reply to me and im like why they take forever to type? Lol

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    That sucks for ios i believe i still can and im on android. Like auto doesnt go off and i can sorta walk but i sometimes see people stop to reply to me and im like why they take forever to type? Lol

It may not be an ios issue then. I was assuming it was something new they implemented for ios users because ive never been able to walk and talk on my htc evo so I only play on my ipod.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post

It may not be an ios issue then. I was assuming it was something new they implemented for ios users because ive never been able to walk and talk on my htc evo so I only play on my ipod.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

i think people on computor should be able to use mics to speak to each other and people on moblie can hear them and maybe even respond if we can utilize the phoens mic to speak with players in game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

All chatting does is waste time in game and result in unnessecary deaths. I rarely reply in-game because if i do get the chance to play, I want it to be worth my while. You want to chat? Go to town; everytime you're typing you're slowing down productivity. Couple that with being non elixered and whats the point in being around?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzid View Post
    All chatting does is waste time in game and result in unnessecary deaths. I rarely reply in-game because if i do get the chance to play, I want it to be worth my while. You want to chat? Go to town; everytime you're typing you're slowing down productivity. Couple that with being non elixered and whats the point in being around?
    It sickens me that anyone would try to get 100k xp without any talking... If it is about money, I may only be worth around 5mil on game, but I've made more money talking than I have farming.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

You obviously run with the wrong people. I am coming up on my second year of playing, been aroind for all "elite caps", and am known for talking/chatting while playing. Ask anyone if I slow them up or if they die under my watch (I'm a tank.) Yes, I have my moments of straight focus, but I am not rude and ignore people while playing. If you don't have anything useful to add to a thread, stay off.

Back on topic...

I use Andriod and have no problem walking and talking like I have always done. There is an box in options that is something like "Enable Chat Box"... see if there is a difference selecting and deselecting this.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    You obviously run with the wrong people. I am coming up on my second year of playing, been aroind for all "elite caps", and am known for talking/chatting while playing. Ask anyone if I slow them up or if they die under my watch (I'm a tank.) Yes, I have my moments of straight focus, but I am not rude and ignore people while playing. If you don't have anything useful to add to a thread, stay off.

Back on topic...

I use Andriod and have no problem walking and talking like I have always done. There is an box in options that is something like "Enable Chat Box"... see if there is a difference selecting and deselecting this.
    Please, the relentless 'where u get that helm' hardly warrants response. I also dont rush to cap, and dont play for hours at a time. I dont play this game to social, I play it as a fun way to kill time when ive got nothing better to do. I usually run pugs even though im in an extremely active guild.

There's a time for it, but I feel no obligation to field pointless questions. If someone legitimately needs help, I will do what I can and I do frequently help out.

There are many more that share my view on this, and I really do understand why this is an issue. There is just an extremely easy solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Please, the relentless 'where u get that helm' hardly warrants response. I also dont rush to cap, and dont play for hours at a time. I dont play this game to social, I play it as a fun way to kill time when ive got nothing better to do. I usually run pugs even though im in an extremely active guild.

There's a time for it, but I feel no obligation to field pointless questions. If someone legitimately needs help, I will do what I can and I do frequently help out.

There are many more that share my view on this, and I really do understand why this is an issue. There is just an extremely easy solution.
    And there are many, many more who like to chat while playing. You are missing the point of the entire thread. Not everyone joins pugs and plays for short amounts of time. Many like to make games with friends and chat while grindjng or farming (which I already stated). Again, your opinion is not what the poster is looking for. She is gathering information and this is an issue because a lot of players like to have fun while playing.

If it doesn't apply to you then don't post.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post

Back on topic...

Thanks crim the chat box thing doesn't work...I've talked to a few more people and it appears to be an iOS issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I don't think you are comprehending the issue at hand. STS made a change to ios keyboards that affects game play. Make sense?
    Last edited by Pandamoni; 07-29-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Thanks crim the chat box thing doesn't work...I've talked to a few more people and it appears to be an iOS issue.
    Have you asked if anyone has sent a report in? Might make a thread in the "Bugs and Technical Issues" part of the forum. Even if there is a thread, never hurts to check and see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Ok you don't like to chat and run maps more power to you! This thread however does not apply to you. I say go enjoy a coke and keep on keeping on. Back to panda's point we use to have pretty complex and off the wall conversations as we were dodging traps (need more of these please) and now maps are limited to lol and ha. As a result we spend more time in the hall than maps. Seems like a simple fix to give us back our old keyboard system
    Just my 2 plat

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I'm not much for socializing when doing runs. Even in easy maps I tend to keep to myself. When someone talks (types) too much I tend to say something like "Can you guys talk later?" Usually during Humania runs. It bothers me. That's why I host my own runs (that way I can boot.)

Besides guild halls are made for socializing, and trust me go to Balefort for a minute, believe me you'll find interesting people.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by demoncrate View Post
    Did you even read what he said?
    He acknowledges that plat users want the best out of their money.
    However, he wants the keyboard-movement-chat thing back.
    This thread isn't a go at plat users and booting. Its just a simple request for the old keyboard back.
    I did indeed read what he said.

1. He/she (Rock) feels that elixirs have become a scapegoat for all problems in PL.

2. He claims that he does not boot people who do not spend the platinum.

3. He evidently feels that he is doing a service carrying people without elixirs and that they should just enjoy it. I have particular issue with this one as many people do not enjoy being carried and PvE looking for a challenge, not to be carried or in the OP's case, attempting to meet new people, which is not possible with a person charging in front and killing everything in sight at several times their normal damage.

4. He is quite chatty when he uses elixirs. Again, this is the exception. If you do not believe me, I suggest you join random endgame dungeons. The majority of elixir users are not "chatty" - they are focused on killing things, something that I too am focused on when I pot up.

Ever since about late-August 2011, with the introduction of Nuri's Hallows, there was a noticeable increase in elixir usage. The difficulty level of Nuri's (and remember this was before the nerf) was such that many (and I would say most pugs without elixirs in 55 gear) pugs were not able to complete the dungeons without wiping often in many cases. That and a desire to reach the 61 cap led to widespread usage of elixirs, something that has continued to this very day.

Many 61s found that once they reached 61 that they had adapted to elixirs and often could not perform without them - leading to a significant number of people that spend the majority of their time farming in elixirs. In a sense, they had "lost" their skills and had become used to elixirs. Not everyone was like this, but a very large percentage of players. I myself was a heavy elixir user in this era, but I always forced myself to spend at least some time without them for good reason. I find myself being the exception though, and I'd say the majority of heavy elixir users (the ones that were good before in Sewers days, anyways) lost that skill. Another troubling trend I noticed was that when I questioned such people they tended to get very defensive with me. Having worked with people who have been alcoholics in real life, lets just say I know the signs of an addiction when I see one.

The impacts are widespread. First, there has been a noticeable decline in skill among the community as a whole. For elixir users, they had adopted a play-style designed to optimize their elixir usage and when they did not use, could not perform to what I would consider an acceptable level. For non-elixir users, many of them have since gotten used to being carried or wiping more. The introduction of being able to revive instantly for 1 plat (a feature introduced in the middle of 2011) and later the "revenge" for 5 plat has caused a certain degree of pressure to spend plat that wasn't there when there was a wipe, particularly on mages and has made wipes more acceptable.

The OP is unhappy about the social impacts of elixir usage - namely that she no longer encounters nearly as many people that wish to talk; emphasis is put on 3 things:

1. Collecting loot
    2. Killing everything in the way of #1 as quickly as possible
    3. Getting to 71 quickly

Finally changes have been made to the UI on both Android and iOS that have made talking difficult. I gotta say, I'm not happy about them either. From a PvP standpoint, it makes it harder to time heals with the smaller hp bar and manage mana. I don't like the chat system either - communication is very important in CTF.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 07-29-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saool View Post
    I'm not much for socializing when doing runs. Even in easy maps I tend to keep to myself. When someone talks (types) too much I tend to say something like "Can you guys talk later?" Usually during Humania runs. It bothers me. That's why I host my own runs (that way I can boot.)

Besides guild halls are made for socializing, and trust me go to Balefort for a minute, believe me you'll find interesting people.
    This isn't what the OP is about, though!

The OP is about the fact that the changes to the keyboard for ios users is jacked.

I hate pvp but i don't chime in on pvp threads about how much I hate pvp and think it should not be an important part of the game. this game is multi faceted and we will all have aspects of the game that drew us in and has caused us to stick around. For me it happens to be the social aspect.

Yes, I could chat in the guild hall, which I do most of the time because now I can no longer chat and be an asset to the team as I was before they broke the keyboard.

I hope that makes sense. I'm not looking for suggestions to chat in guild hall. Other iOS users have griped to me in game so I decided to start a thread for hem to post here