Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speedrunning help

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I remap by quitting to menu, clicking allies, clicking quests, clicking hauntlet quest. If we could stop arguing about stuff thatd be great. I’m really more interested in the mechanics of the map. Mireguard told me in game that he clears first room in 6.5 seconds and I dont really understand how thats possible. I made this post hoping someone could inform me about certain strategies or at least give me any hints to set me on the right path if they dont want to share everything. Like I mentioned in my post, I dont care about LB (and my ms is currently trash), I just want the fastest possible kills per hour. Obviously I know clearing first room and remaking is best with bad ms, which is why I asked how much ms is required to complete 2 rooms in 25 seconds.

Also I want to make it clear that I admire Kelyx and his team. I think that the best players deserve to win every time if they are good enough. In Pocket Legends I took all top 5 LB spots with my alts on a solo gauntlet event in which only the top 5 players earned a special vanity set. Im now the only person in that game with the set. I’m not a believer in participation trophies. I understand that Kelyx probably doesnt want to share every secret but I’m hoping that he can give me hints or something since I really dont care about LB at all. I have like 100m to spend this awakening event and thats it.
    I'm no Hauntlet Pro but 6.5sec seems very perfect-conditions to me. I very much enjoy Hauntlet/jewel farming, what do you run skill wise? I run Fireball/Gale/Clock/Lightning, wondering if there is a better setup.

I ran Magma for quite a while but I don't believe that there is much of a difference for first room speed. I can't get the same conditions each remap to be able to properly tell if Magma is great or not.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I am a firm believer that skill and strategies play a more important role than movement speed when speedrunning. Having said that, my movement speed is currently trash and I obviously plan to improve it during awakening event. After reading this post, please dont simply say that I need to get more ms and everything will be solved. I really want to learn specific skills and strategies to improve my runs. Ok now to my post.

I have a goal of farming 42 flawless gems and 10 million pve kills in hauntlet (I will achieve these at the same time with current rates). Right now I use mage with 251% ms and I clear the first room with 13 seconds on the timer and remake, which takes 17 seconds off my jewel elixirs. This translates to around 6,000 kills per hour, 1400 cracked jewels (mind+finesse total after conversion) per hour, and my goal taking around 1,700 hours to complete.

Naturally, I want to speed up this process and get a lot more kills (and therefore jewels) per hour. From my runs I can see that meteors drop after killing certain mages so I kill those ones as soon as possible, then I use the pillar when the meteors drop to not get pushed around. I use arcane sentinel and i dont slot any eggs. I tried using magmaÂ’s ability but could not get it to consistently improve the speed of my runs across 10 hours of testing. Some people told me AOE things can kill enemies before they spawn but I tried timing magmaÂ’s ability in a multitude of ways across those 10 hours and found no consistent way to profit from it (it actually slowed down my runs in a lot of cases).

My questions:
    1. Is there any way to make the mobs spawn faster other than what I do already (killing the appropriate mages ASAP)?
    2. Is there a way to use magmaÂ’s (or any other petÂ’s) ability to speed up my runs? Maybe I just couldnt figure it out in 10 hours and am wrong.
    3. Are there any specific/special strategies someone could help me learn so I can improve the speed of my runs?
    4. How much movement speed is required to complete the second room in around 25 seconds?
    5. How much movement speed do the leaderboard teams have?

Thanks and my ign is Lea if you want to help me in game.
    20% speed per item is more than enough, having too much speed sometimes makes things harder than actually help.

To answer couple questions:
    1. Killing the mage eventually makes the meteor drop faster (3 per room) but if its solo run it won't change much for you.
    2. Magma yes, I'd suggest to save it for 2nd room
    3. Try not to move too much so meteors and mobs will gather around you, pick yourself a spot
    4. 20-25% per item is probably more than enough
    5. We roughly sit at 30-35% in most of our equipment

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    20% speed per item is more than enough, having too much speed sometimes makes things harder than actually help.

To answer couple questions:
    1. Killing the mage eventually makes the meteor drop faster (3 per room) but if its solo run it won't change much for you.
    2. Magma yes, I'd suggest to save it for 2nd room
    3. Try not to move too much so meteors and mobs will gather around you, pick yourself a spot
    4. 20-25% per item is probably more than enough
    5. We roughly sit at 30-35% in most of our equipment
    Awesome, tyvm for the help I really appreciate it. And trenton, I use the same skill setup that you use.