Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2022-07-11 Content Update (293597)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Your assertions don't make sense.

Advocating that we should refrain from event improvements because some people opted out is where we fundamentally disagree. I held this position for a long time but have learned that it's wrong.
    It is not very difficult to understand, people decide to run the LB for the prizes, simple as that.
    It was an event that had no prizes, suddenly now it has.
    How could anyone have guessed?
    What if it was an award that people wanted?
    How do people go back in time and farm the points they didn't?
    Imagine that you are running a Lb and suddenly take prizes away from you or change them for others. How do you think people will feel?
    Money, gold and time are usually invested in a LB, this event for example needed many baits that were obtained for gold, in other energy, altars, etc, these types of things are taken into account when participating in an event. I assume that you will refund people money, when you makes changes in half a LB.
    I also think that if the changes had been made the first week it would have been time, 2 days from finishing, it would have been impossible to compete.
    Add prizes at the end of the event, how can that be considered an improvement?
    Anyway, now we must bear in mind that the prizes will also be changed on a whim.
    I'm sorry, you can't see how bad it is for the game, in the long run you will lose the trust of your players, if you haven't already, everything is so contradictory lately, you say one thing and do another.

Thanks.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    It is not very difficult to understand, people decide to run the LB for the prizes, simple as that.
    It was an event that had no prizes, suddenly now it has.
    How could anyone have guessed?
    What if it was an award that people wanted?
    How do people go back in time and farm the points they didn't?
    Imagine that you are running a Lb and suddenly take prizes away from you or change them for others. How do you think people will feel?
    Money, gold and time are usually invested in a LB, this event for example needed many baits that were obtained for gold, in other energy, altars, etc, these types of things are taken into account when participating in an event. I assume that you will refund people money, when you makes changes in half a LB.
    I also think that if the changes had been made the first week it would have been time, 2 days from finishing, it would have been impossible to compete.
    Add prizes at the end of the event, how can that be considered an improvement?
    Anyway, now we must bear in mind that the prizes will also be changed on a whim.
    I'm sorry, you can't see how bad it is for the game, in the long run you will lose the trust of your players, if you haven't already, everything is so contradictory lately, you say one thing and do another.

Thanks.
    Play the events or don’t play the events - but don’t expect that the interests of non-participants will be prioritized over those of event participants.

Hopefully this is clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Play the events or don’t play the events - but don’t expect that the interests of non-participants will be prioritized over those of event participants.

Hopefully this is clear.

Had you guys clearly presented “ALL” lb rewards in your preview, these so called “non-participants” would have opted to run for lb, and their interests would have been relevant as well. The only reason they are called “non-participants” by you is because they did not decide to run lb precisely because the lb rewards in the preview were lacking in desirability.
    Up and down, over and through, back around, the jokes on you!

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Svvords View Post
    Had you guys clearly presented “ALL” lb rewards in your preview, these so called “non-participants” would have opted to run for lb, and their interests would have been relevant as well. The only reason they are called “non-participants” by you is because they did not decide to run lb precisely because the lb rewards in the preview were lacking in desirability.
    Still not a good (or compelling) reason for us to refrain from improving the rewards for actual participants. Thanks for the feedback nevertheless.

| | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Still not a good (or compelling) reason for us to refrain from improving the rewards for actual participants. Thanks for the feedback nevertheless.

Ok...But is it compelling enough for you guys to stop doing the Official Preview Threads a day before the Event starts? And give your Team more time to make changes based on Feedback? Which in the end will lower the chances of you guys having to improve rewards after the Event starts.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    Ok...But is it compelling enough for you guys to stop doing the Official Preview Threads a day before the Event starts? And give your Team more time to make changes based on Feedback? Which in the end will lower the chances of you guys having to improve rewards after the Event starts.
    We'd love to do Previews earlier (and we are working on that) but to set expectations it's unlikely to happen this year given our current pace of development.
    | | | |

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

so players are supposed to run event lb blindly now and just hope for an improvement in the rewards thereafter. got ya.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Svvords View Post
    so players are supposed to run event lb blindly now and just hope for an improvement in the rewards thereafter. got ya.
    You're supposed to have fun.

I prefer that you play AL events but I respect your choice to skip LB events that aren't worth it to you, and I don't want you to play events you fundamentally dislike.

If participating players make a good suggestion after the event has started we'll consider it (if we think it's worthwhile) as opposed to categorically ignoring it because the event has already started.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I prefer that you play AL events but I respect your choice to skip LB events that aren't worth it to you, and I don't want you to play events you fundamentally dislike.

If participating players make a good suggestion after the event has started we'll consider it (if we think it's worthwhile) as opposed to categorically ignoring it because the event has already started.
    I play AL events regardless of tier rewards, what I forego is the choice to actually gun for lb if the rewards in the preview is not desirable to me. At least give us that choice before the event starts.

Some players here liked the additional rewards that you implemented to this fishing event after 1 week, the problem is they are already too far behind on points to even catch up to 50th place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Hopefully this is clear.

People don't just play for fun or love of the game. Not here, not anywhere.
    Personally, I have fun when I advance in some objective that I set for myself, such as aps, quest, obtaining certain gear, rewards etc, playing for the sake of playing is not fun at all.
    Look at honor pvp, totally empty maps until you implemented that token system.
    People play events for the rewards, you have to be naive to deny that.
    On the other hand, any improvement is welcome as long as everyone is pretty much on the same footing, for example changing the mini-games, some form of fishing, some drop, etc. But adding rewards, towards the end, when 1 has 50k points, another 20k and another 100k, it's totally unequal.
    You reward some for playing longer and punish others for not playing long enough. I mean you didn't even give them a chance to try harder.
    The people who had 30k, 40k, 50k, etc, even 5k or 10k of points and not even playing 24 hours will get LB are also your so-called "non-participants".

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Hopefully this is clear.

good point. I feel the rewards shouldnt determine if someone plays the event or not. that may sound weird.. but thats what i think.

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki