Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2022-07-11 Content Update (293597)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

-1 for adding rewards..

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka
    ign: NEXPL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashio View Post
    @cinco consider releasing event previews on Mondays so ppl has time to give u feedback on the event so these changes can take place b4 the event starts and you devs have time to go through the feedback cuz 1 day is not enough time and it's been shown over several events already, this way of doing things is just not right.
    +1

I brought something like this up over a year ago, but said something like have the Previews a week before the Events start. But Monday is another good suggestion. 1 day is not enough time. I'm sure Sts giving yourself more time to take the Communites Feedback will result in more players running for LB and possibly spending money cause the rewards are good and we're adjusted, and possible additions to Limited Event Sales from Feedback.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    ... or rethink why people don't play your event, you'll get people to.
    Sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean to imply that we added Ranks and Rewards because people weren't playing the event. We added to the LB because the event has (once again) proven very popular and it seemed too restrictive to just award Top 10 and Top #1.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean to imply that we added Ranks and Rewards because people weren't playing the event. We added to the LB because the event has (once again) proven very popular and it seemed too restrictive to just award Top 10 and Top #1.
    So the event was so popular, that you arbitrarily decided to choose who to give the reward to, without giving the chance to the rest who were left halfway. That makes even less sense.
    On the other hand, from everything I have commented, you only take that last sentence...

Thank you anyway.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

So the event was so popular, that you arbitrarily decided to choose who to give the reward to, without giving the chance to the rest who were left halfway. That makes even less sense.
    On the other hand, from everything I have commented, you only take that last sentence...

Thank you anyway.
    Your assertions don't make sense.

Advocating that we should refrain from event improvements because some people opted out is where we fundamentally disagree. I held this position for a long time but have learned that it's wrong.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TzatOps View Post
    + More rewards have been added to the Arcane Anglers' Fishing Derby Leaderboard!
    + A Top 50 Rank has been added to the Leaderboard by popular demand!
    + Top 50 Rank gets 50 Platinum, 10 Elite Awakening Gems and the [Gone Fishin'] Title.
    + In addition to existing rewards the Top 10 Ranks get 100 Platinum, 10 Elite Awakening Gems, the [Gone Fishin'] Title and the [Arcane Angler] Title.
    + In addition to existing rewards the Top 1 gets 250 Platinum, 50 Elite Awakening Gems, and both of the new Titles.
    + Increased maximum House and Guild Hall Furnishing Slots by 100.
    Awww ty VM for house slot increase shame not 1k but we will take it <3

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Advocating that we should refrain from event improvements because some people opted out is where we fundamentally disagree. I held this position for a long time but have learned that it's wrong.
    Advocating that you should refrain from event improvements, especially lb related modifications only when the event is already ongoing in this case - 11days after it had started

Because when a developer announces they won't modify anything after an event goes live, everyone assumes that whatever is provided on the preview is as good as it gets - and that's when people decide whether or not to join.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Advocating that you should refrain from event improvements, especially lb related modifications only when the event is already ongoing in this case - 11days after it had started

Because when a developer announces they won't modify anything after an event goes live, everyone assumes that whatever is provided on the preview is as good as it gets - and that's when people decide whether or not to join.
    You’re advocating the same thing - and while I get the perspective it’s not the best policy going forward.

Furthermore: Let this serve as official notice that things can indeed change with LB even after the event has started. If you think about the implications it’s not a bad thing at all ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

You’re advocating the same thing - and while I get the perspective it’s not the best policy going forward.

Furthermore: Let this serve as official notice that things can indeed change with LB even after the event has started. If you think about the implications it’s not a bad thing at all ;-)

For staff to add to lb they have given just a little more to lb runners. I get that some people are a little down due to the prizes getting added however it's not a big buff in the prizes. It is not like top 50 all getting auras and vanity lb sets. Top 50 are just getting tittles some plat and elite awakes if anything it's a very small buff in prizes for a event what needed a buff in prizes. I haven't run but even if I did and decided to give up half way I'm not going to be upset if the prizes get buffed and players get a few plat and awakening gems omg. Granted I'd be a bit miffed if they all got auras and vanities added for lb as that's the reason I run. I don't run for plat or jewels or awakes I'd be happy if they removed them all together tbh there just a filler to me and not worth anything in my opinion. That being said if they added more vanity and stuff ye I'd be miffed lol. For staff to add to events players tho players should be greatly appreciative because I understand the hate if they removed stuff as that would make things understandable to be very upset however for them to add a little bit as a thank you to the runners is nice it shows they care.

PS cinco XD when we getting another house slot increase stash is 1k inventory is 1k let house slots be 1k so us creative builders can go ham with no limits but are imagination pleeeeeeeeeesssssss xD I want to make some mind bending builds but the limitations are a killer event with my imagination XD

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Ye can yall add another 100 slots next week ik making it 1k will cause server problems "-"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

It is not very difficult to understand, people decide to run the LB for the prizes, simple as that.
    It was an event that had no prizes, suddenly now it has.
    How could anyone have guessed?
    What if it was an award that people wanted?
    How do people go back in time and farm the points they didn't?
    Imagine that you are running a Lb and suddenly take prizes away from you or change them for others. How do you think people will feel?
    Money, gold and time are usually invested in a LB, this event for example needed many baits that were obtained for gold, in other energy, altars, etc, these types of things are taken into account when participating in an event. I assume that you will refund people money, when you makes changes in half a LB.
    I also think that if the changes had been made the first week it would have been time, 2 days from finishing, it would have been impossible to compete.
    Add prizes at the end of the event, how can that be considered an improvement?
    Anyway, now we must bear in mind that the prizes will also be changed on a whim.
    I'm sorry, you can't see how bad it is for the game, in the long run you will lose the trust of your players, if you haven't already, everything is so contradictory lately, you say one thing and do another.

Thanks.

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

It is not very difficult to understand, people decide to run the LB for the prizes, simple as that.
    It was an event that had no prizes, suddenly now it has.
    How could anyone have guessed?
    What if it was an award that people wanted?
    How do people go back in time and farm the points they didn't?
    Imagine that you are running a Lb and suddenly take prizes away from you or change them for others. How do you think people will feel?
    Money, gold and time are usually invested in a LB, this event for example needed many baits that were obtained for gold, in other energy, altars, etc, these types of things are taken into account when participating in an event. I assume that you will refund people money, when you makes changes in half a LB.
    I also think that if the changes had been made the first week it would have been time, 2 days from finishing, it would have been impossible to compete.
    Add prizes at the end of the event, how can that be considered an improvement?
    Anyway, now we must bear in mind that the prizes will also be changed on a whim.
    I'm sorry, you can't see how bad it is for the game, in the long run you will lose the trust of your players, if you haven't already, everything is so contradictory lately, you say one thing and do another.

Thanks.
    Play the events or don’t play the events - but don’t expect that the interests of non-participants will be prioritized over those of event participants.

Hopefully this is clear.

| | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Play the events or don’t play the events - but don’t expect that the interests of non-participants will be prioritized over those of event participants.

Hopefully this is clear.

Had you guys clearly presented “ALL” lb rewards in your preview, these so called “non-participants” would have opted to run for lb, and their interests would have been relevant as well. The only reason they are called “non-participants” by you is because they did not decide to run lb precisely because the lb rewards in the preview were lacking in desirability.
    Up and down, over and through, back around, the jokes on you!

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Svvords View Post
    Had you guys clearly presented “ALL” lb rewards in your preview, these so called “non-participants” would have opted to run for lb, and their interests would have been relevant as well. The only reason they are called “non-participants” by you is because they did not decide to run lb precisely because the lb rewards in the preview were lacking in desirability.
    Still not a good (or compelling) reason for us to refrain from improving the rewards for actual participants. Thanks for the feedback nevertheless.

| | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Still not a good (or compelling) reason for us to refrain from improving the rewards for actual participants. Thanks for the feedback nevertheless.

Ok...But is it compelling enough for you guys to stop doing the Official Preview Threads a day before the Event starts? And give your Team more time to make changes based on Feedback? Which in the end will lower the chances of you guys having to improve rewards after the Event starts.

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    Ok...But is it compelling enough for you guys to stop doing the Official Preview Threads a day before the Event starts? And give your Team more time to make changes based on Feedback? Which in the end will lower the chances of you guys having to improve rewards after the Event starts.
    We'd love to do Previews earlier (and we are working on that) but to set expectations it's unlikely to happen this year given our current pace of development.
    | | | |

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

so players are supposed to run event lb blindly now and just hope for an improvement in the rewards thereafter. got ya.

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Svvords View Post
    so players are supposed to run event lb blindly now and just hope for an improvement in the rewards thereafter. got ya.
    You're supposed to have fun.

I prefer that you play AL events but I respect your choice to skip LB events that aren't worth it to you, and I don't want you to play events you fundamentally dislike.

If participating players make a good suggestion after the event has started we'll consider it (if we think it's worthwhile) as opposed to categorically ignoring it because the event has already started.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

You're supposed to have fun.

I prefer that you play AL events but I respect your choice to skip LB events that aren't worth it to you, and I don't want you to play events you fundamentally dislike.

If participating players make a good suggestion after the event has started we'll consider it (if we think it's worthwhile) as opposed to categorically ignoring it because the event has already started.
    I play AL events regardless of tier rewards, what I forego is the choice to actually gun for lb if the rewards in the preview is not desirable to me. At least give us that choice before the event starts.

Some players here liked the additional rewards that you implemented to this fishing event after 1 week, the problem is they are already too far behind on points to even catch up to 50th place.

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nexior View Post
    -1 for adding rewards..

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka
    same.. -1. though my previous comment remains d same. . haha

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki