Thread: Elite vanity bonus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default Elite vanity bonus

Hello people, this thread is for people who got l66 mt fang vanity armor and were expecting to get a vanity bonus when humania was released.

I was a bit annoyed that I had to grind 100k exp to get mt fang armor and not get a vanity bonus now that im l71. So I came up with an idea that would help tons of people, im aware that only l56 persistence helm, l61 nuris shield, and l66 fang armor can make a vanity set with themselves as well as future elite vanities (l76shield & l81armor....)

My point is, how would you feel that mount fang armor made a temporary vanity set with l71 humania helm meanwhile designers work for next level cap. This will definitely help all of those people who have mt fang armor in their inventory all useless takin space away. Plz post if you would like this idea to be worked on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Or you know, they can just be contempt with what they have because they still have bragging rights at making the 66 cap.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Just off topic but I heard that the COP SOH and MFA are the only elites that will ever have elite set bonuses...

Thank You Aaroniero Arruruerie!
    Proud Member of Restoration

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ImHawk:726813
    Just off topic but I heard that the COP SOH and MFA are the only elites that will ever have elite set bonuses...
    I'll wait on a developer response to that
    Rumors you know...

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ImHawk View Post
    as far as I know, you are right that they make a vanity bonus. But if im correct we will have shield and armor for next lv caps even better stat bonuses

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathofan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Samahyne talked about this and said there will be a new set bonus with the 76 shield and 81 armor
    then people who had all 3 were mad but i think the new one should have it since i have mt fang armor and soon to have the humania helm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan:726832
    Quote Originally Posted by ImHawk View Post
    as far as I know, you are right that they make a vanity bonus. But if im correct we will have shield and armor for next lv caps even better stat bonuses
    Again it's just rumors. There was an entire thread and more on the set bonuses. The only real info we will have are quotes off the developers.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Again it's just rumors. There was an entire thread and more on the set bonuses. The only real info we will have are quotes off the developers.
    Not rumors. I will have to do some major digging but I believe TE was the one who said there would not be additional bonuses for future elite cap vanities. Give me a few.....

And here ya go.....

Hello,

Techno Email here with the word on elite vanity stat bonuses. It is my intent that the elite level 71 helm, and all vanity items going forward, will serve only to change your character's appearance. This is not to say that vanity items will become inherently less cool. In fact, I'd love to hear your ideas for exciting visuals that and elite player could wear to help differentiate them from the masses.

Here are a couple of totally crazy ideas just to get your creative, brainstorming juices flowing: -Imagine if the elite level 71 helm granted you access to secret area or granted you a special quest. -Imagine if the "Volcoconut" helm had a chance to emit a volcanic-eruption when you used your firestorm ability.

Something to consider: A vanity item can allow you to change the appearance of your character, while maintaining the stat's from your stat'd gear. How many of you would happily give up your elite vanity items AND their set bonus in exchange for true vanity items and perhaps a ring with a even greater stat's?
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 07-28-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Not rumors. I will have to do some major digging but I believe TE was the one who said there would not be additional bonuses for future elite cap vanities. Give me a few.....

And here ya go.....
    Wow, that is horrible :/ so anybody who received a bonus before will always have the upper hand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Livemau View Post
    Samahyne talked about this and said there will be a new set bonus with the 76 shield and 81 armor
    then people who had all 3 were mad but i think the new one should have it since i have mt fang armor and soon to have the humania helm
    yeah thatz my point on this thread, why would people waste tons of platinum to reach all their alts to l66 and not have a bonus now that l71.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I'm still upset that the helm (That Humanian one) doesn't add, but takes away from the current set. It would be nice if it added some type of stat. Even if the one that did was that frozen crap, I mean crown taking up space in my inventory. Somewhat like the...nvm...don't want to upset the "veterans".

Too bad I found out that the CoP would add stats before I bought platinum. I grinded almost a quarter of the exp before the new cap (Nuri's) without any platinum, and without any help much. Blah. I'll stay out before I start something worse.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Im not requesting a permanent vanity bonus either, im really aware the l71 helm is another part for future elite vanities. But adding a temporary bonus for people who have mt fang armor is a good way to to compensate those who grinded 100000exp and were expecting bonus stats in new humania campaing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Crimson if what you are saying gets to be true in the future.... Honestly i'll quit this game, who wants to grind lv cap when all you get is an useless vanity, I think this is true for everybody people only reach lv cap just for some extra stats not to have a diff look than others.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathofan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan View Post
    Crimson if what you are saying gets to be true in the future.... Honestly i'll quit this game, who wants to grind lv cap when all you get is an useless vanity, I think this is true for everybody people only reach lv cap just for some extra stats not to have a diff look than others.
    Hmm, so. These useless vanities, that you speak of... seem to be very important to someone who deems them useless. SO important to you, in fact, that you would quit the whole game, certainly, because the elite vanities don't give you an unfair advantage .

In case you haven't noticed, being level 71 grants access to the elite dungeon ON TOP OF the well researched/designed elite vanity (refer to Necroreapers thread...). And this elite dungeon gives what? Eh, drops super awesome gear and special stat faces.

The only concern I actually think is worth discussing is the fact that people who do not have the 56/61/66 vanity set will ALWAYS have a disadvantage in pvp to those with it, for the REST of PL's lifetime, as, disappointingly, Techno Email announced that STS will not be getting rid of that vanity set's stats.

However, STS does not respond well to people who threaten to quit their game because they don't get something, believe it or not... . I believe someone made a thread in December about the WF paid access. They threatened to quit the game... If it wasnt free, lol. Nothing changed, JustG simply locked the thread. He said that if you need to take a break from the game, by all means do so. But did they change the WF paid access? No.

I'd also like to say that I myself have a level 71, and I believe it's worth it. Do I have the 56/61/66 vanity set? Naw. But I'm not going to quit the game over it, lol, even if I have disadvantages stacked against me .
    Last edited by Dynastu; 07-28-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Just think before you decide. As the quote said, they may not give bonuses anymore, BUT only those who have the elite vanities can farm the new "elite" items. So there is some incentive to farm for xp.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Of coarse like you said I consider useless elite vanities important, and dont get out of topic I did not asked what were the benefits of beign l71 (5extra stat points, 1extra skill point, l71elite boss dungeon etc) and btw did I exactly threatened to quit?? Check the tittle thread and speak again (just a request) and yeah all behind this is that this will give a huge advantage to the people who have l56,61,66 vanities in pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynastu View Post
    Hmm, so. These useless vanities, that you speak of... seem to be very important to someone who deems them useless. SO important to you, in fact, that you would quit the whole game, certainly, because the elite vanities don't give you an unfair advantage .

In case you haven't noticed, being level 71 grants access to the elite dungeon ON TOP OF the well researched/designed elite vanity (refer to Necroreapers thread...). And this elite dungeon gives what? Eh, drops super awesome gear and special stat faces.

The only concern I actually think is worth discussing is the fact that people who do not have the 56/61/66 vanity set will ALWAYS have a disadvantage in pvp to those with it, for the REST of PL's lifetime, as, disappointingly, Techno Email announced that STS will not be getting rid of that vanity set's stats.

However, STS does not respond well to people who threaten to quit their game because they don't get something, believe it or not... . I believe someone made a thread in December about the WF paid access. They threatened to quit the game... If it wasnt free, lol. Nothing changed, JustG simply locked the thread. He said that if you need to take a break from the game, by all means do so. But did they change the WF paid access? No.

I'd also like to say that I myself have a level 71, and I believe it's worth it. Do I have the 56/61/66 vanity set? Naw. But I'm not going to quit the game over it, lol, even if I have disadvantages stacked against me .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Of coarse like you said I consider useless elite vanities important, and dont get out of topic I did not asked what were the benefits of beign l71 (5extra stat points, 1extra skill point, l71elite boss dungeon etc) and btw did I exactly threatened to quit?? Check the tittle thread and speak again (just a request) and yeah all behind this is that this will give a huge advantage to the people who have l56,61,66 vanities in pvp
    Pretty sure you said you were thinming of quitting (bold). And I am sorry if I did not give you the answer you were looking for. You said the vanity is "useless". Well, for stat bonuses no. To gain access to the new "elite" dungeon, yes. So it is not useless. This access also allows you to get new faces that only 71's can get. Dragons sets are also farmable for you to gain extra stats for pvp. Always options.

And to add, you posted a thread in a public forum for discussion. If others discuss their thoughts and your gonna get upset and rude, don't post. Pretty simple.
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 07-28-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Pretty sure you said you were thinming of quitting (bold). And I am sorry if I did not give you the answer you were looking for. You said the vanity is "useless". Well, for stat bonuses no. To gain access to the new "elite" dungeon, yes. So it is not useless.

And to add, you posted a thread in a public forum for discussion. If others discuss their thoughts and your gonna get upset and rude, don't post. Pretty simple.
    dnt say sorry you were very helpfull apologies if it seemed liked it, the one who I quotted
    Was dynastu gettin out of the main topic "elite vanities" well thanks for the info about future vanities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Elite vanity bonus

There r a bajillion o these threads
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I did not get "Off-Topic", excuse me. I was simply addressing this...

Crimson if what you are saying gets to be true in the future.... Honestly i'll quit this game
    You were saying you never said that?

Additionally, the topic of your thread had been addressed. I understand that you're disappointed that you don't get a game-changing stat bonus...

Then you were saying there'd be new set bonuses, anyway. This was proven wrong. You then said you'd "quit the game". So, addressing your "Off-topic post" (as its just as off-topic as mine, thanks.........), I simply told you about how the develepors respond to such statements and I inputted my own opinion.

Deathofan, you openly posted your opinion and suggestion. But are you really not allowing me to post my opinion/factual statements? Thanks.