Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bear is insanely OP at current endgame.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Look guys, I never said Mages weren't OP.
    Don't bias me or anything just because I use an OP mage.
    What if I was a bear myself?
    Bears ARE OP this cap.
    And I'm talking only about PvP here, no PvE.
    Your job in PvP is NOT to pull mobs and crowd control, it's to kill and tank, debuff and stun for your team.
    This requires more than a PURE STR build for most endgame bears.
    And when I made this thread, I meant a dual spec DEX/STR bear, but I guess it didn't come clear.

So we have the issue of Mage being OP.
    I personally didn't like this issue.
    And now we have bears being more OP than mages.
    Does it HELP to keep ranting about how mages were OP and now they're hypocrites?
    Does it HELP to keep shouting at mages for complaining about how they're not top-OP class anymore?
    NO.
    It helps if we all stop arguing about this class and that class and START POOLING SUGGESTIONS.
    Maybe, some IDEAS to what could even out PvP.
    Make it balanced.
    And also, birds were OP during 50-56.
    And birds are still pretty good right now if you're able to find a balanced fight.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

IMO the only class that really needs work is the birds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy View Post
    IMO the only class that really needs work is the birds.
    Yes, it has to allow birds being able to kite more, the heal and a little more armor with some HS can help, plus more crit :P
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I thought you guys were just complaining that the bears now suck? >_>
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elitephonix View Post
    Majority of mages complaining that bears are tough, I think bears are ok, birds need help though In my opinion
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elitephonix View Post
    i did say this but for me at least, it was vsing the angelic mages which i still think are quite annoying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Interesting!!!!!!!
    I knew this gonna happen, mages r shouting bears are op. its acctually birds always shout mages are op..and bears think birds are op when they face some good birds at pvp...sts lauging behind the scene....

Bears have solid dodge unfortunately mages hit percentage is not as high as an eagle EYE archer and specifically loooooow dodge debuff something like 15% woha...lol....a nuker mage will give up after few shots and a good kite mage will feel pain in her deadliest weapon finger and finally joy of killing " the monster" ....
    Last edited by Waug; 07-30-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    Interesting!!!!!!!
    I knew this gonna happen, mages r shouting bears are op. its acctually birds always shout mages are op..and bears think birds are op when they face some good birds at pvp...sts lauging behind the scene....

Bears have solid dodge unfortunately mages hit percentage is not as high as an eagle EYE archer and specifically loooooow dodge debuff something like 15% woha...lol....a nuker mage will give up after few shots and a good kite mage will feel pain in her deadliest weapon finger and finally joy of killing " the monster" ....
    I wasn't aware that bears ever complain about birds being OP lol.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dynastu View Post
    I wasn't aware that bears ever complain about birds being OP lol.
    Yes pro birds are tough for bears to beat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

and bears think birds are op when they face some good birds at pvp...
    By saying that, isn't it kind of saying that birds and bears are even, lol.

So, pro birds beat an average bear. Would you say a pro bear beats an average bird? Then, what about an average bird vs an average bear?

If you had said that an average bird easily beats an average bear (which I do not believe to be true), that would actually mean that birds are the more powerful class. But by saying that a pro bird can beat an average bear doesn't prove anything.
    Last edited by Dynastu; 07-30-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

So, pro birds beat an average bear. Would you say a pro bear beats an average bird? Then, what about an average bird vs an average bear?

If you had said that an average bird easily beats an average bear (which I do not believe to be true), that would actually mean that birds are the more powerful class. But by saying that a pro bird can beat an average bear doesn't prove anything.
    yeh um i fought crafted bird killed it with my humanian set, but then some birds ive fought are like crazy fast at killing me usually as long as they dodge the beckon
    on the other hand a sucessful beckon first try is almost always an instant death for a bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

A bear (very new to pvp kdr something like 20 kills 60 deaths) was saying bears always win against birds and his opponent bird nearly. same kdr was agreed with him...I did not say anything but like lolol....

Umm pro bird... meant good birds who acctually know how to use his powers.. somtime its feel like birds skills r build to fight bears. lol ...two roots strong dodge debuff. blind to weaken his already weak vision (lol) 32 armor debuff makes his fat body exposed..umm the monster can't even touch me my repulse or mega repulse makes his feet slide...'...........ahhhh I never miss my hits, I'm invincible' (not me lol)
    Last edited by Waug; 07-30-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

A bear (very new to pvp kdr something like 20 kills 60 deaths) was saying bears always win against birds and his opponent bird nearly. same kdr was agreed with him...I did not say anything but like lolol....

Umm pro bird... meant good birds who acctually know how to use his powers.. somtime its feel like birds skills r build to fight bears. lol ...two roots strong dodge debuff. blind to weaken his already weak vision (lol) 32 armor debuff makes his fat body exposed..umm the monster can't even touch me my repulse or mega repulse makes his feet slide...'...........ahhhh I never miss my hits, I'm invincible' (not me lol)

Yo what happens when they dodge your "strong" dodge debuffs, blind, and repulse?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Not trying to come off rude, but I don't really understand your first paragraph.

But, here's what happens most of the time. Birds have a 20% chance to hit their root vs a str bear. No, hit % and dodge are not on the same roll (although I wish they were). If a bird manages to hit root with that 20% chance, then you STILL only have a 45% chance of landing the fairly INSIGNIFICANT 32 armor debuff (32/275 or so). Eventually the dodge debuff wears off. Chances of landing any given individual skill are back to 20% until the bear's evasion is gone. OR, you miss your root to begin with (much more likely), and your chances of landing break armor are low.

I cannot tell you how many times Elyseon has two hit KO'd my bird. Most of the time the deciding factor is whether or not the bear lands his first or second beckon. I don't think that dodge should be the deciding factor in pvp.

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Oh godness.. I've just got hit 531 by a drain of a Mage with full crafted set.. --> headshot :-(

Without Cop bonus, birds are really really bad.. Please do something about it .. Lower bear dodge or armor or damage and lower damage for serial killers which are Mages lol._... or if u don't do anything about skills of Mage n bears, please make RESTORE of birds working back ! or do the same for mages! Enable them to heal while working as u did with bears and birds!

._. Cya lol
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Give birds more resistance to pulls/knockbacks.
    Make their Blast Shot and Repulse have 100% Accuracy, so it cannot be dodged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Bear is insanely OP at current endgame.

Wait. So are you confessing that Pally is a good decision for mages this cap? I'm testing some things and it seems it could be the superior option.

~Deu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

birds were OP during 50-56.
    And birds are still pretty good right now if you're able to find a balanced fight.[/QUOTE]
    Im sure most people would agree that there was no dominant class at 50-56, only dominant players which mostly happened to be birds.

EDIT: lol...fail quoted whirlzap.
    Last edited by OvigorothO; 07-30-2012 at 09:02 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to OvigorothO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Haven't read the comments yet. I'd have to say I completely disagree with the purpose of this thread. Bears are mildy OP. they simply can finally beat mages 10-3 like they should be able to. Mages have been beating birds 10-3 like they're supposed to. birds have been beating bears 10-3 like they're supposed to. The only thing that happened at this cap, is bears regained their status with their ability to own mages and then a little bit more so that they can even beat birds more than usual. There is nothing wrong with this. No level is ever completely balanced. This one just so happens to be in favor of bears. I, for one, am glad.

Oh and I'm a bird by the way so I get the short end of the stick and am still glad

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Give birds more resistance to pulls/knockbacks.
    Make their Blast Shot and Repulse have 100% Accuracy, so it cannot be dodged.
    What would that solve? You would have birds repulsing always just to run away.