Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Racing Event Rework

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Racing Event Rework

The racing event is one of the more controversial events and it is probably the most difficult event to get into if you don’t really care about racing or competing against other players. This is a PvP gamemode in a PvE dominant game after all.

Right now, one of the biggest issues with the racing event is the point system, and it can discourage players from farming for tiered rewards. The gap between 1st and 4th place is massive when it comes to points and if you keep ending up in 3rd or 4th place in races, the grind is much more punishing. This gap needs to be closed substantially. 3rd place should get 1-2 more points than 4th, 2nd gets 1-2 more points than 3rd, and 1st gets 1-2 more points than 2nd. To preserve the incentive to place better in races, the token rewards should be increased for placing better in races.

Daily quests also could go for a readjustment. Right now, there are 2 quests. 1 quest for participating in races, and another for winning races. I think these 2 quests should be combined into 1 and go on a point-based system, with 2 instances of this quest per day. You get 1 point for placing 4th, 2 for placing 3rd, 3 for placing 2nd and 5 for placing 1st. Completing these quests reward bonus lb points as well as tokens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

My biggest issue are the players with high ping crashing into the wall left and suddenly reappearing right in front of me

This who are the whole time behind me but then somehow when they are clearly behind me get the boost

We are racing ghost mode so why not make it we just have to beat 1min 20 for 10 points 1min 15 for 20 points and so on

Ghost Race Mode beings issues like mentioned above so I suggest to have normal races like in Mario kart where the cars/ boats are massive. No more unclear if who is first and makes it more fair. Will be a lot more fun!

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,481 Posts

Boost is now given when passing a region instead of picking up a powerup and players can no longer steal boosts from you.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Boost is now given when passing a region instead of picking up a powerup and players can no longer steal boosts from you.

-ALS
    Aw its getting bad after the update