Thread: PvP Buff Interference/ Auto-Assign Host

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default PvP Buff Interference/ Auto-Assign Host

When I first joined pvp I thought it was just a free for all. But then I learned the rules for the game. I think that sts should adapt and tend to those rules to make for a greater and more fair experience for Pvpers.

My suggestion to make things more fair is to add a toggle switch for all classes that enables buffing for everyone, or disables it and limits it to only the person you are aiming at. A damage toggle could also be useful because of the new napalm carbine guns. Any gun that does splash damage is annoying to pvpers.

If in the rare event (its really rare) that a game would like to FFA, each member would simply need to disable the toggle switch. In the case of stubborn players not doing themselves, the host can have a master toggle that just disable all buffs/damage without aim.

My second idea is for each pvp game to auto-assign a host when the original host leaves. Wouldn't this make rushers stop? maybe not so, but it will greatly discourage them. Literally there are level 41 ops who just join, spam moves and rejoin, and ruin the whole game, but they avoid games where the host is present. (wink wink)
    ~TheRajX | Need a sig? A good one? A creative one? Click here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRajX View Post
    When I first joined pvp I thought it was just a free for all. But then I learned the rules for the game. I think that sts should adapt and tend to those rules to make for a greater and more fair experience for Pvpers.

My suggestion to make things more fair is to add a toggle switch for all classes that enables buffing for everyone, or disables it and limits it to only the person you are aiming at. A damage toggle could also be useful because of the new napalm carbine guns. Any gun that does splash damage is annoying to pvpers.

If in the rare event (its really rare) that a game would like to FFA, each member would simply need to disable the toggle switch. In the case of stubborn players not doing themselves, the host can have a master toggle that just disable all buffs/damage without aim.

My second idea is for each pvp game to auto-assign a host when the original host leaves. Wouldn't this make rushers stop? maybe not so, but it will greatly discourage them. Literally there are level 41 ops who just join, spam moves and rejoin, and ruin the whole game, but they avoid games where the host is present. (wink wink)
    So pretty much like custom games?

Add On-
    Possibly have more maps, with different terrains that effect your character. Like your speed for example.
    Have the host be allowed to turn CTF/Deathmatch Kills on/off so its not really a 'Ranked Match'
    And maybe be allowed to "rush" (or I like to call it: The real way youre supposed to play PvP) without getting yelled at
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Worship View Post
    So pretty much like custom games?

Add On-
    Possibly have more maps, with different terrains that effect your character. Like your speed for example.
    Have the host be allowed to turn CTF/Deathmatch Kills on/off so its not really a 'Ranked Match'
    And maybe be allowed to "rush" (or I like to call it: The real way youre supposed to play PvP) without getting yelled at
    Well tbh my purpose was to stop engis from accidently buffing coms - and ruining matches.

Stuff like that. But if you think this would be nice as a part of a greater plan (to build custom games) - then by all means go ahead.
    I think that sl pvp needs a bigger audience to convince sts of major updates like that though because atm sometimes I'm surprised to even find a game lol.
    ~TheRajX | Need a sig? A good one? A creative one? Click here.