Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: These drops...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Default These drops...

I really do not want to complain but this drop system is messed up. I have been farming , like many others, for ove a week now tryin to get an undead mask as a drop and not a "buy". Until now I got 40k kills more than before the event, 1 snake mask and 1 eagle mask as a drop. I know many others who have gotten over 60k kills and 0 undea masks. I also know 3-4 people who have farmed 1-2 days for aproximately 20-40k kills and got 2-3 undead masks, gamer pants, bats, tracksuit vanities, gamer vanities, dark manic masks and anythin like that
    My question is: Why do people trying for around 1 week not get a single GOOD drop and a lvl 13 who has merely started playin with 500 kills has gamer pants? Why does someone with 1000 kills get a dark manic mask? Why does a 21 who did 1 run at reapin gets undead?
    This is my 2 last days experience:

In WoW we knew that after each raid (1raid=1week) we would get 2-3 good items to change the ones we already owned. Even in Pocket Legends we knew that as a party we would get 2-3 drops after 6-7 hours of farming. In dl I can't get 1 drop after WASTING over 10 hours of my lfe in front of a small screen hurtin my eyes to find the not "lookin like a gorilla" mask... And sti nothing.

If u made the drops hard to make us play more... You achieved the opposite
    Last edited by Floating; 07-30-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Floating For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Float... I feel ya man. Over 40k kills for me since the solstice event started and not a single vanity drop of any sort.
    Last edited by Rare; 07-30-2012 at 03:53 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The other dude in town had white bats and 1k kills. "How did u get it? I was doing missions to lvl"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

i know what u mean.
    i got the same rate drops before and after the update.
    in fact. before the update it was more lucky.
    i think the problem is with chance system
    cos every kill u rolle a number.
    and its small chance. very small.. tiny
    so every kill ure chance is around... nothing.
    thats why we can see ppl with mil kills and no mask.
    and its sucks..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Sun light u have no reason to talk about bad luck... U got 3 masks in 50k kills so seriously even sayin the chances are small is hypocritic >: |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i agree. i gave up after 25k wasted 300k on gold elixirs. after the drop rate increase.

DL Lvl 26 Paulyb,
    DL Lvl 26 Xxpaulyxx
    DL Lvl 14 Thepaulyb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    i agree. i gave up after 25k wasted 300k on gold elixirs. after the drop rate increase.
    im in the same boat, I gave up on farming.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Instead of making me to want to pve more this event made me hate pve -.- Back to pvp i guess til i get bored there too

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Floating View Post
    I really do not want to complain but this drop system is messed up. I have been farming , like many others, for ove a week now tryin to get an undead mask as a drop and not a "buy". Until now I got 40k kills more than before the event, 1 snake mask and 1 eagle mask as a drop. I know many others who have gotten over 60k kills and 0 undea masks. I also know 3-4 people who have farmed 1-2 days for aproximately 20-40k kills and got 2-3 undead masks, gamer pants, bats, tracksuit vanities, gamer vanities, dark manic masks and anythin like that
    My question is: Why do people trying for around 1 week not get a single GOOD drop and a lvl 13 who has merely started playin with 500 kills has gamer pants? Why does someone with 1000 kills get a dark manic mask? Why does a 21 who did 1 run at reapin gets undead?
    This is my 2 last days experience:

In WoW we knew that after each raid (1raid=1week) we would get 2-3 good items to change the ones we already owned. Even in Pocket Legends we knew that as a party we would get 2-3 drops after 6-7 hours of farming. In dl I can't get 1 drop after WASTING over 10 hours of my lfe in front of a small screen hurtin my eyes to find the not "lookin like a gorilla" mask... And sti nothing.
    This is a valid point, and I'm going to take a few minutes to fill everyone in on my thoughts.

I can understand the frustration here, but based on the WoW comparison you've used, my opinion is this is apples to oranges. A fairer comparison would be your chances of finding an Epic drop while out doing your dailies, or leveling through content that isn't tied to a particular mob.

Kriegberg and other bosses have particular items to farm in the form you are describing, with applicable expectations. Due to the nature of these world drops being very much random with smaller odds to insure their value, they are more difficult to farm. On the upside you have a leg up in that you do know where such drops can be found based on forum discussions and the like, where as say in WoW looking for a particular level 82 epic that drops from a random world is not possible to farm besides simply playing.

In particular the idea of these drops is a new and exciting element added to Dark Legends, and is still undergoing tweaks. I'm watching the numbers on items I've put in to see if they mesh well with what I feel they should be, or if it's dropping too little or too much. Striking a balance is fairly difficult, and there will always be players on both sides of the fence in regards to which way is the appropriate way to handle drop rates in the world. I want players to feel rewarded, but not have another Purified Shard mistake.

My thought process on this is that it is always easier to throttle and increase a drop rate as opposed to nerfing a drop rate. Once there are say 800 albino bat pets in the world from a bad number in days for example, adjusting the drop rate to minimize the drop rate will tend to make more people sour and already have ruined the value of said item across the board because they already exist. In order to keep something worthwhile, it needs to be more rare. Does this mean everything I put in the game should be rare? Of course not, and as more items come on line we will be seeing more of these vanity and pet drops that range from reasonably common to rare, legendary and even rarer in drop rates. For the time being the number of items available are few so the rarity is as I feel appropriate for their introduction. I also want to inject that the vanities already in and at certain drop rates will not become the more common drops.

I hope this helps explain a bit of my thought process on this, and I want to emphasize I am listening to you all and making adjustments where I feel it is appropriate. Having said that, I know this will both appeal to some players and disgust others, and over time I will try and spread the love to everyone.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Default These drops...

I understand what you mean Cara!

People who farm much more than others do deserve what they are farming for, but my problem is if something is easy to get but it's awesome, it's not as good when you have it because everyone else has it too! I like things being super rare, that way not many people have them and when they do, they look cool!

And "spread the love" Cara

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

In wow, even oranges can be found in 2-3 weeks. I was able to ge the orange bow and the orange lightning sword in 3 weeks on my hunter and on the rogue I had both illidan swords in less than 4 weeks. And i spent 8-9 hours in total to do the above.
    A level 82 pink can also be spotted and put on www.wowhead.com and players will go find the location and farm it. Drop chance of any mob on WoW map on pink is more or less 3-4%. .
    If there is an event ongoing the drop rate of the event items will go high, especially on raids like Dragonsoul. Even the rarest mount, which drops from last boss of the hardest raid, has a particularly good drop rate.
    In an event the drop rate is not minimized or maximized. It is set to a point where one can find his items, feel he acomplished his goal in a correct number of hours and then have the oportunity to find another, but will have to farm again over and over. If you do the 0.000001% drop rate on Undead the half community will be unpleased and won't ever see it drop.
    Now the community consists of 500-1000 standard people when in 2/3 months i beleive and hope will be 3000-4000. With 200 undead masks or less goin around can you imagine the price?

It is like the headless horseman mount in WoW. Even That they made the chance to increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Fao View Post
    I understand what you mean Cara!

People who farm much more than others do deserve what they are farming for, but my problem is if something is easy to get but it's awesome, it's not as good when you have it because everyone else has it too! I like things being super rare, that way not many people have them and when they do, they look cool!

And "spread the love" Cara
    Get 40k kills farming 0 and then spread the love
    Last edited by Floating; 07-30-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I agree float ... luckly I have gotten mask to drop twice: once at beginning of event, and another time over the weekend. I sold one of my masks. I'm pretty much sure I was lucky to get these drops though as I know many others have been farming more then me and havent gotten it. There have been others that have been luckier than me.

I doubt I will attempt to farm other items like gamer or manic vanities cause they just arnt appealing to me to sacrifice time to farm given the amount of time i did for undead masks. The pets I might try to get if map is confirmed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

One of the unlucky ones here. Seems the only way for me to get one is to buy it. Me playing everyday since dl was release having to give pratically all my gold to a new player who has mask just doesnt seem right and definetly not rewarding. >:/
    Monarchival - lvl 66 warbird
    Monvladimir - lvl 66 pally
    Oadraebehar - lvl 66 dexbear formerly Monarchivals secretary and equipment storage

16. The Following User Says Thank You to monarchival For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Floating:729864
    Sun light u have no reason to talk about bad luck... U got 3 masks in 50k kills so seriously even sayin the chances are small is hypocritic >: |
    u right... i cant talk about bad luck.
    i dont think it have bad luck.
    berry had bad luck with almost 60k kills and nothing.
    Roco had bad luck with 68k kills and nothing.
    but it also think im not lucky. ppl talk about 10 runs and undead mask!
    and idk how u farm... but it raped that map
    myb if ure farming 4k kills each time its not good.. idk..
    but it have something like 68k kills now.
    and 60k of them was in dead end map!
    myb if u farm more 7 hours nonstop that whould help.. and not 1 hours now and 1 hour later... idk. thats my point of view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I farmed 8 hours in a row and got 25k kills -.- and 0 drops. And the 40k kills were only on Floating. i got 20k on Padie and 10k on Olympian and 0 drops too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Hard Luck. For every person that has 30k+ kills and no vanity there's someone else with sub 10k and 2 masks it seems.
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Takezaki View Post
    Hard Luck. For every person that has 30k+ kills and no vanity there's someone else with sub 10k and 2 masks it seems.
    Maybe 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I've said this in other places but I'm going to say it again here. IMO, the problem isn't the low drop rates it's the tediousness of doing the same run over and over and over and over and over and over again trying to get the drop u want. Carapace, I love dl overall but pve needs a complete overhaul. There needs to be some differentiation in builds (a dps build, a crowd control build and a healing/buff/debuff build). Team dynamics would go a long way in alleviating the boredom we get in playing pve. In pl we canbe doing the same map over and over but each run is different based upon the actions of the other party members. In dl people solo everything and even when ur not slowing all u do is mash ur skills and watch stuff die. I think u guys want people to play and adding vanities as drops is a good way to do it but it would be even better if pve were actually fun to play in and of its own self.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

What wvils said... In WoW i was doing the same raid over and over again witht hessme people BUT each run was unique. There were 9-10 bosses with hard tactics and each run had something hard and fun to keep us excited. Dl is just "kill the zombie" "kill the zombie" "break the barrel" "kill the boss" " glyph" -->"kill the zombie" "kill the zombie" "break the barrel" "kill the boss" " glyph" -->"kill the zombie" "kill the zombie" "break the barrel" "kill the boss" " glyph" -->

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

In 6 years of playing wow, top of the game in american and world, spending waaaay too much time... I only ever got one purple world drop.

..one

Of course this isnt a pc mmo. It is a mobile MMO... and I really do believe insanely rare things shouldn't exist in this medium. Especially when inhibited by a limited battery life. Not gonna stay tethered to a 3foot charger cable so I can farm for 8 hours in a mobile.
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!