Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: These drops...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsberry View Post
    I agree that the events mask vanitys shouldnt be so rare but all the other vanitys should stay the way they are. Vanitys like the pet, gamers, manic are here to stay forever they should be very rare.
    If all the vanities were easily attainable then people would complain that the games boring nothing to do. It does suck when a new player thats gottan a rare vanity after 5k kills to your 50k but drops randome and thats how it works. We should just congratulate and be happy for them not overly jelouse.
    I am not jealous at all. I am pointing out that 50k kills should mean at least one drop.... Not just whites

In really not gonna log DL ever again if I can't find one drop til the event is over. It is just the most unfair game I have ever joined and I have played over 14 mmorpgs
    Last edited by Floating; 07-31-2012 at 07:24 AM.
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

i think they should keep those rare drops like they r now.
    BUT they should make max kills for it.
    depends how rare is that.
    lets say loots, and if u complete 50k kills ull get it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Sunlight you wanna tell me they should keep the masks rare when I cant get one after 50k kills and u can get 3 after almost 55? Thats ironic and greedy of u

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I have done 85k kills in dead end and no undead antlers mask. I don't know how the drop table for the masks is but i have to say pretty bad. And i do about 5-6k kills then like 5-10 min break and then back into it. It really is getting a bit annoying having people with 5-10k total kills getting undead in like 5 runs. I have done around 1,800 undead missions and not a single undead.

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Floating View Post
    Sunlight you wanna tell me they should keep the masks rare when I cant get one after 50k kills and u can get 3 after almost 55? Thats ironic and greedy of u
    Does sound like you are pretty greedy towards Sunlight to me, which for me is ironic =)
    Also we have no idea how long this event will last, it could be 1 week but it could just as well be 4 weeks, some people are just luckier than others, maybe next even you will get the vanities in no time, and the people who get them easily now will have a hard time farming 1. I wouldn't mind the drop rate being increased but that comes from someone biased that still needs himself an undead mask and has had no drop yet. (got gifted eagle from a friend, bought snake)
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rolocoaster View Post
    I have done 85k kills in dead end and no undead antlers mask. I don't know how the drop table for the masks is but i have to say pretty bad. And i do about 5-6k kills then like 5-10 min break and then back into it. It really is getting a bit annoying having people with 5-10k total kills getting undead in like 5 runs. I have done around 1,800 undead missions and not a single undead.
    wait until the event is over, then we will see rants all over the place. what can I say, im in the same boat my friend.
    all I hope for is (YES RAINING VANITIES) only for EVENT items...not permanent items.
    Last edited by octavos; 07-31-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Well, I don't know if Carapace will address it... but I think random chance should not, by itself, determine the rare loot drop equation. There has to be something to increase your chances the more you run or the more you try for an item. I'm not saying it should ever become automatic or easy. But the amount of time you spend trying to get an item has to be a factor.

Lets say, for example the drop rate is < 1%.
    After running a particular map 250 times maybe your drop rate is bumped a little to around 1%.
    After 500 time maybe 2%
    After 1000 times maybe 5%

Those numbers are just examples. And I understand it could add extra complexity to the game in that each player's missions would need to be tracked (is this already done? who knows?). Additionally, the number above would be different for different levels of rarity.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am in the same predicament as floating and some of the others, though not to the same extreme. Close to 30k kills on Dead End, calloused and sore thumbs and a replaced screen protector on my tablet has resulted in much frustration. I have been looking for the dead deer mask almost from the start of the event with no luck whatsoever. It's very frustrating when you are taking a break on the street while icing down your thumbs and seeing someone with white bats, dead deer mask and gamers bottoms standing there. I could probably buy the mask, and have had friends offer to give me one if they find it but that isn't the way I want to get it. It's the satisfaction of having something special drop for the hard work you put in to hunting for it. I don't expect STS to crank the drop rates thru the roof, because it would devalue the achievement. On the other hand why is my account so jinxed???

I have played SL and DL since January and other than the infested deck event I have not gotten a single vanity drop. This has become a compulsion for me... I have not done more then 5 missions off of Dead End or Curse of Fenris since I started farming. I will keep farming until I find it or the event ends, or the skin is worn completely from my thumbs.

Congratulations to all who have had vanities drop for you, nothing personal but there are times when I hate you all.... usually when I am at the end of a 4 hour grind...

Happy, or unhappy farming everyone

DL: Kellee L26 Vamp/Silverqueen L25 Vamp/Chantinelle L25 Vamp/Megaera L16
    SL: Kellee L41 Engi/Silverqueen L40 Op/Icequeen L40 Comm

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I feel the same way. 45k kills since event started and most of these hunting for undead mask. In that time I have found ONE pink, ONE shard and two eagle masks. That's it.

Even before event I would get a pink maybe once every other week by farming a little less hard core than I have been during event. A couple of my guild mates are in the same boat. Our accounts are jinxed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul View Post
    Does sound like you are pretty greedy towards Sunlight to me, which for me is ironic =)
    Also we have no idea how long this event will last, it could be 1 week but it could just as well be 4 weeks, some people are just luckier than others, maybe next even you will get the vanities in no time, and the people who get them easily now will have a hard time farming 1. I wouldn't mind the drop rate being increased but that comes from someone biased that still needs himself an undead mask and has had no drop yet. (got gifted eagle from a friend, bought snake)
    I already bought my masks so I do not have a problem. But I know manu who can't get one even after 100k kills. My point against Sun is that she/he talkes about the drop rates when she/he has gotten 3 masks with the time I spent too without getting anything. I do not want to be ironic or anything. I just want to see my 1-1.5 weeks try come with a result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

oh, i see now. Part of the problem is everyone is trying to recieve the mask as a drop instead of just obtaining it. IMO, you don't have to recieve the specific item you want as a drop, just earn enough gold from the runs or the selling of the pinks you get and buy the vanity you want. When getting my set pieces in PL I don't think I've ever farmed a whole set. Farm what you can and use the gold you earn to buy the rest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Omfg my prays got heard ^.^ I was laughing 10 minutes after this:

Lady_Pebbles

Everyone would rather get the drop than to spend the gold to buy the items. Especially when theres players like me who get tired of hours of PvE with no results & go PvP. I could've had hella millions of gold if I try to balance the two cuz they both get boring after a while. PvE maps are repeatitive & PvP can drag sometimes too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles:730894

Everyone would rather get the drop than to spend the gold to buy the items. Especially when theres players like me who get tired of hours of PvE with no results & go PvP. I could've had hella millions of gold if I try to balance the two cuz they both get boring after a while. PvE maps are repeatitive & PvP can drag sometimes too.

I agree. Getting vanities to drop to you feels more rewarding than just buying them
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    I agree. Getting vanities to drop to you feels more rewarding than just buying them
    I think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to farm ever vanity. but that's just me.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to farm ever vanity. but that's just me.
    How about just one?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Floating View Post
    Omfg my prays got heard ^.^ I was laughing 10 minutes after this:

where did it drop bro ?

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    oh, i see now. Part of the problem is everyone is trying to recieve the mask as a drop instead of just obtaining it. IMO, you don't have to recieve the specific item you want as a drop, just earn enough gold from the runs or the selling of the pinks you get and buy the vanity you want. When getting my set pieces in PL I don't think I've ever farmed a whole set. Farm what you can and use the gold you earn to buy the rest.
    If you know anyone that wants to sell me an undead mask for 1M... let me know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rolocoaster View Post
    where did it drop bro ?
    I wrote at judges thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I farmed numa in SL for 2 months running all 5 maps 3-5 times a day and finally got an xray. In comparison, this type of rate is fine for vanities that will not be removed from the game, but is crazy for limited time only vanities.
    Limited time vanities should be challenging but not frustratingly hard.

Btw I got my first solstice shard drop, yesterday (i dont use enhancers) thats the first pink gem/shard/stone drop I have gotten, and call me whatever, but its just not enough to keep me running. The market is flooded with them and I just wont sell it for under 1k considering the time it took for me to get and it being the first one i've gotten.

Im just gonna chill and whatever and click the timers and causally run a map here or there. I am done trying for these drops, and I will not buy them from someone else. Perhaps I will be lucky and get a drop playing that way because 4-8 hours a day sure ain't helping and I got more productive things to do.

Congrats to those that got, good luck to those that haven't got, dont kill yourself over it, it's a game.