Thread: Gold N' Gear - Farming and Strategy Guide - 2022

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Gold N' Gear - Farming and Strategy Guide - 2022

Hello all,

I wanted to put a more in-depth gold and gear farming/strategy guide together. There is a ton to go through (especially with so much gear and the many vanity set releases over the years) so I do my best to break it up into sections.

The goal of this guide is to answer nearly every question you have on the current, best ways to farm gold and what gear you should use to do it best! It includes strategies, ideal gear load-outs (based on class), and other notes. I will break this guide into 3 main sections: Gold, Maps, and Gear.

To newer players: I recommend reading everything but especially the Gold and Maps sections, so you can better understand how most of the active players will farm.

To experienced players: You probably know about the Gold and Maps sections, so you may want to jump straight to the Gear section (which covers the ideal one-tap gear load-outs, some unique splash damage sets, and how to use different classes like Bird or Mage - even STR!).

Gold:

"What impacts the amount of gold you earn?"

Gold Piles:
    After the gold drop update of Feb 2022, gold does not get split amongst the group. (Example - in the past, if you ran solo and dropped a 100k gold pile, you got 100k. If you ran duo, each of you would loot 50k.) Now, if 100k gold drops, everyone who gets the pile loots 100k each.

What Impacts Gold Piles:
    Generally, when you have a full party and/or a strong team, the mobs/bosses become a bit stronger and become tougher to kill (or it's easier to spawn more mobs). When this happens, generally the loot is better - and this includes gold piles. If you run a weak team of 5, you may get 500-700k a run. With a strong team of 5, you can earn 800k-1.1m per run. (An easier way to think about it - wear your strongest gear when killing, and use your best gold gear when looting.)

Death:
    When you die, your gold drops will decrease dramatically! This is because you die and are out of the "range" to get drops while others keep fighting, and your death lowers your team's "strength" which lowers gold for the group. If you die near a group of blues and your team is doing alright, just stay there and don't respawn that fast - you won't see items drop, but if your body is in the range for the gold drops, you will see gold piles drop even if you're lying there dead. You can then respawn and come back to loot!

The Gold Loot Gear You Wear:
    Over the years, there have been many items that have unique stats/boosts for the gold you loot. This includes pets (that offer 30%, 50%, or even 100%/200% boosts), rings, amulets, and all-important vanity items and sets. There are so many gold-gear items and sets, that I could write a novel that still wouldn't cover all of the options. I'll cover the ideal gold gear options in the gear section of this post down below.

Maps - Where to Farm Gold?

Best Gold Farming Map(s) - TEAM

In short, you really won't find a decent map to farm gold aside from the Myx Mage (levels 98+) and the Ebonthrax (levels 103+) campaigns. If you are not yet leveled that high, leveling up should be your first focus!

You will likely find every active farming team in the Myx Mage maps (Blue, Sapphire and Vixen). Depending on how 'good' the team is, the best overall returns would be in Vixen (but it is definitely the toughest map to farm in all of PL). To unlock the Vixen map, you would need to complete the /100 quests for Blue and for Sapphire first. (Pro Tip: wear the elite 105 Novenary Buckler shield to earn quest points faster - you can also wear Novenary in the Myx platinum dungeons to earn them even faster. Update from Endpoints: "You can use the level 105 Buckler and also the Mythic 110 Legendary Decade shield, although it's rarer.")

The Mad Mage's Maze - Of Vixens and Violence (Map #3)

When you have a team of 5 (preferably a strong team), Vixen is the best map in terms of gold per minute/run. Even with a strong party of 4, it will compete with the gold that a strong team of 5 in the Blue (Map 1) or Sapphire (Map 2) maps can earn.

Gold Drops:
    You should expect 600k-800k per run with a weaker (or maybe a party of 4) team, but with a strong team of 5, you should expect 800k-1.1m gold per run. Generally, each run takes under 5 minutes with a strong team.

Strategy (Phases 1, 2, and 3):
    Most active Vixen farmers run the same route, but essentially the 'best' strategy is to cut the map in half to run 2 laps and kill 80-90% of the map by the end of the run. For each lap, you should wear the gear that allows you to "one hit kill" skeletons (Phase 1). I will call that gear load-out a "one tap" load-out. As you kill skeletons, eventually you will trigger an aura that causes further kills to spawn the bigger blue minions. Those blue minions will follow you endlessly (they don't walk back and reset), while skeletons will reset. The goal is to kill skeletons as quickly as possible during the route (so they don't reset), with the blue minions staying far enough back to not hit or cause you to get "stuck." At the end of each lap, you can then begin killing the blue minions (Phase 2). Ideally, you will use the fastest and strongest splash damage when killing blues as they are going to be grouped up during this phase. After everything is killed, you can swap to your gold gear looting set and run back the lap to loot (Phase 3).

Phase 1: Killing Skeletons

Goal - Kill skeletons as quickly as possible. You will want to use a "one tap" load-out during this phase, to quickly kill skeletons (so they don't reset) and spawn blue minions. Skeletons have a health pool of about 125k (based on testing, it may be 125k exactly).

Phase 2: Killing Blue Minions

Goal - Kill the blue minions as fast as possible (blue minions will drop the largest gold piles). During this phase, you should use the fastest,splash DPS gear you can. Killing all blues could take as long as 1-2 minutes, so using DPS instead of the best single shot damage is preferred. If everyone is using splash DPS, the blue minion horde will die much quicker! Note: EACH blue minion has just over 1.3m health (yes, you read that right - 1,300,000+ health).

Phase 3: Looting

While you can use a "one-tap" method for killing skeletons, and then splash DPS gear for killing blues, you also want to have the best gold gear load-out for when you loot. The route in Vixen is done so that you really don't overlap your loot (and accidentally pick up, when using your damage sets). This will leave you time to swap to your gold gear then run back and loot!

Here is a video guide that walks through Phases 1, 2, and 3 and also shows the route and some more tips and tricks when farming Vixen:

Other Gold Farming Maps - TEAM

The Mad Mage's Maze - A Bow in the Blue (Map #1) and The Sapphire Swordsman (Map #2)

Mad Mage - Sapphire Swordsman: With a strong team of 5, expect to loot about 500-700k in about 4 minutes. The route can be split in 2 laps, but a pro team can actually run a single lap and drag blues back around the bigger square towards the start. The same strategy and phases as Vixen, use "one-tap" for skeletons, splash DPS for blue minions and gold set for looting.

Mad Mage - Blue: With a strong team of 5, expect to loot about 400-600k in about 5 minutes. The route consists of 2 laps, one around the big center circle and the second lap being the square mazes towards the end of the map (by the boss). The same strategy and phases as Vixen, use "one-tap" for skeletons, splash DPS for blue minions and gold set for looting.

Best Map for Farming Gold - SOLO

The Legend of Ebonthrax - The Isle of Night (Lvls 105+)

Gold Drops:
    Expect to loot anywhere from 25k - 120k per run, using the strategy below. This is the quickest gold farming strategy, it takes less than 1 minute to run, kill, loot and remake.

Strategy:
    The first big open area, the goal is to gather all of the mobs into a tighter circle in the middle. If you drag the bottom mobs to the top, they will reset (and the same for the mobs at the top, they will reset if taken too far towards the start). Once gathered together, use splash damage to kill the group. (Pro Tip: There are mobs that have a blue mist aura around them - they are "strong" mobs and have 10x the health of a normal mob. If you select one, use splash damage and you can hit the group without having to hit auto-attack many times.) Once you have killed this first group, leave and remake the map again. Many avoid killing all of the "strong" mobs as they take much longer to kill. You can leave them and just remake the map. The other sections of the map are not worth the gold/time to farm.

I put together a quick visual tutorial on Isle and posted to YouTube.

Gear - "One Tap", Splash/Best DPS and Gold Looting Gear

Now that I am done nerding out over the maps and how to run them, now we can talk about the gear!

"One Tap" Load-outs

Skeletons have a health pool of about 125k (based on testing I believe it's exactly 125k) but have an insanely low amount of hit %/armor, so every hit basically acts as a critical hit. The goal is to wear whatever gear includes...

3x Damage Bonus Multiplier (either use 3x damage elixir, or use a 3x damage vanity set)
    At least 21k damage (not DPS) - you will need a damage pet and at least a drak 2pc

...so that your 21k+ damage is multiplied (by 3x) to 63k+ and since every hit basically acts as a crit (which is double damage), you will hit 126k+ per attack. This "one tap" attack will kill the skeleton as fast as possible.

The "one tap" load-outs listed below are meant to be the easiest, more common ways to reach the necessary damage. There are many ways to get there, but some other options are much more expensive or require rarer items. I include the easier options first, and I discuss 'better' options further down.

DEX "One Tap" Load-out

Gear: Ebon Talon set (CLEAN works), so ebon dex helm/armor/talon/wing/ring/ammy
    Vanities: Love Champ 2pc (3x damage) or Pompetus/Metal 3pc (3x damage), Drak 2pc (use any of shield/sword/wings) and any 5k dmg (or better) pet (like Molt, Greedy Gazer, Zep).
    Result: 21k+ damage

Bow works as one tap on skeletons, but the skill damage DOES NOT one tap (even when using Zep). Using a talon set does work to one tap and skill damage does indeed work, so that is the preferred option.

ALTERNATIVE OPTION:
    Since the mythic valentine set offers the unique ability to use a vanity weapon to complete the set, you can use dex mythic valentine to get 4k more damage for a single shot (when wearing 3x, that is 12k more damage).

Gear: Mythic Dex Valentine set w/ Vanity weapon (dex helm/armor/ring/ammy and love nest vanity weapon), then use ebon tooth/wing in the normal slots.
    Vanities: Love Champ 2pc (3x damage) that leaves open the weapon slot for the Love Nest vanity, Drak shield/wings/banner and pet.

INT "One Tap" Load-out

Gear: Ebon Wand set (CLEAN works), so ebon int helm/armor/wand/shield/ring/ammy
    Vanities: Love Champ 2pc (3x damage) or Pompetus/Metal 3pc (3x damage), Drak 2pc (use any of shield/sword/wings) and any 5k dmg (or better) pet (like Molt, Greedy Gazer, Zep).

This will get you at least 21.4k damage, which one taps any skeleton (and your skill area damage will one tap as well!). Note: you actually lose a bit of consistent damage when using ebon scepter, so just use ebon wand/bracer.

ALTERNATIVE OPTION:
    Since the mythic valentine set offers the unique ability to use a vanity weapon to complete the set, you can use int mythic valentine to get 3-4k more damage for a single shot (when wearing 3x, that is basically 9-12k more damage).

Gear: Mythic Int Valentine set w/ Vanity weapon (int helm/armor/ring/ammy and love nest vanity weapon), then use ebon wand/bracer in the normal slots.
    Vanities: Love Champ 2pc (3x damage) that leaves open the weapon slot for the Love Nest vanity, Drak shield/wings/banner and pet.

This will get you at least 24.2k damage. Since you get the valentine bonus, you can use ebon scepter, clutch, or whatever other weapon you prefer. You can use this same load-out but instead use Lust Staff, Clutch, Wintercane staff 110 elite, or the lvl 50 alien staff for splash damage.

STR "One Tap" Load-out

Gear: Ebon 1h sword set (clean works), so helm/armor/sword/shield/ring/ammy

This will get you about 20-22k or so damage. Since it’s an ebon 5/6pc bonus, your skill damage will also one tap.

ALTERNATIVE OPTION:
    Since the mythic valentine set offers the unique ability to use a vanity weapon to complete the set, you can use str mythic valentine to get 4k more damage for a single shot (when wearing 3x, that is basically 12k more damage).

Gear: Mythic STR Valentine set w/ Vanity weapon (str helm/armor/ring/ammy and love nest vanity weapon), then use ebon sword/shield in the normal slots.

This should get you to about 26k damage, and your skill damage will one tap skeletons as well.

The Best Splash Damage

During Phase 2 when you are killing blues, it is important to understand why using splash damage/DPS load-outs are so much better.

When running in the Myx maps, it can take 1-2 minutes to fight blue minions in phase 2. You want to kill these blue minions as fast as possible before they kill you (they are the highest damage mobs in PL) and splash DPS does the trick better than anything else. As they have been chasing you the entire time, by the time you are ready to face them, they will be grouped up and stacked on top of each other - the perfect time to use splash damage, and when you focus on increasing your splash DPS, they will die much faster.

I include my best splash damage / DPS weapon rankings for each class below.

DEX Splash:

1. 110 Captains Sextant Bow (Legendary/Pink) - Sextant is the FASTEST splash dex weapon in all of PL. It's 0.6 speed, great splash radius and it also has 2 procs... it will debuff target enemies, and it will do damage over time (even if you're not attacking).
    2. 110 Ebonthrax Bow (Mythic) - widely considered the more popular, 'best' splash weapon, as it is the highest pure damage splash weapon for DEX. It is consistent splash on every hit, with fire damage as the proc. Don't get me wrong, it's great - but it's slower than Sextant and that's why it's not #1.
    3. 110 Admiral Bow (Elite) - overlooked, but it's the same overall item as the Ebon bow, but lower stats. It also doesn't contribute to the Ebon bonus, so you lose a little bit there too.
    4. 110 Old Platinum Sides (Arcane) - This is considered the 'best' weapon in the game, due to the highest damage and also a cannonball proc that explodes for splash damage. However, the attack is not splash (only the proc is), it's slower than Sextant and the cannonball splash proc isn't consistent and can miss the blues entirely.
    5. 105 Arothraxis Bow (Elite, rarer but craftable) - Arothraxis is rare/expensive, and was the best bow at 105 cap...but it's basically the worst option in gold farming now. The splash proc is super rare, it's slower than some of the others and the damage is much lower. If it's your option, that works but there are better.

INT Splash:

I think you may be surprised at my top 2 splash weapons for INT...

1. 77 Lust Staff (Legendary/Pink) - Lust staff is tied for the fastest splash weapon for INT, at 0.8 speed and but with the best damage/load-out stats. It also has any icy proc which can somewhat slow down blue minions, which makes it easier to do more splash damage near the front. In the ideal splash DPS load-out for INT (mentioned further below), it does 5k more DPS than using Clutch, or 1k-9k more DPS than the other splash weapons.
    2. 50 Alien Staff (Legendary/Pink, common and easy to find) - Alien staff is level 50, and has lower stats than Lust staff - but it's 0.8 speed and it's faster than Clutch or Wintercane staffs. Since you are using high damage vanities, speed and splash DPS is all you want and Alien Staff gets you there. Alien staff also has the icy proc.
    3. 110 Cannonball Clutch (Arcane, rarer) - Clutch is not actually a splash weapon per se, it's a single shot weapon but the splash proc seems to trigger more often than most other procs. And the lightning proc is intense! Because of this proc, it becomes the 3rd best splash DPS weapon - it's #3 because it's slower and not as consistent as Lust or Alien staff, but the pure damage per shot is the highest for INT.
    4. 110 Wintercane Staff (Elite)- the highest level consistent splash weapon for INT. Every attack is a splash, icy proc and due to your high damage vanities, you just want splash DPS any way you can get it.

With Lust staff and using the max Damage load-out listed further down, you get about 32k DPS. With a 5x daily combo, that's 160k DPS! With Alien staff you get about 31k DPS, and with Clutch you get about 27k DPS. Using Lust staff gets you at least 1-5k more splash DPS, and if you have a 5x daily combo that can be 5-25k more DPS. Crazy.

STR Splash:

I was very shocked to see some of the stats for these STR items, and I think you will be too. Admittedly, I don't use STR for gold farming and I don't really recommend you to use it either - but the stats and procs don't lie! In PvE, events, gauntlet or maybe in PvP, STR may be the best overall class if you are talking just about gear. Anyways, on to splash STR!

1. 105 Karro's Axe (Elite, rarer but craftable) - Karro's axe is tied for the FASTEST splash weapon in all of PL (tied with the dex Sextant Bow) at 0.6 speed. It's tied with Tyben's Sword (also 105 elite str) but Karro's axe is splash damage...but perhaps the best part is the unique proc... terror traps! The terror trap proc triggers fairly often and causes a swarm of bat-like terrors to inflict damage even when you're not attacking. You could argue it's the best individual STR weapon overall, but it's definitely the best splash weapon for STR.
    2. 110 Ebonthrax 1h Sword (Mythic) - many people would be shocked to know that this is splash damage, but it's true! It has great stats and works to complete the Ebon set bonus. It is also used in the "one tap" load-out, too. Similar to the dex Sextant bow, it has target debuff and damage over time procs, too.
    3. 110 Admiral 1h Sword (Elite) - same as the ebon sword, it does a splash damage but it has lower overall stats vs. Ebon. Has the same procs as Ebon 1h sword as well.

Karro's Axe may very well be one of the top 3 weapons in the game - and I feel that the majority of players have no idea what it is, nor why they should try it out. It is the 2nd best splash DPS weapon in the whole game (bummer that it's not ranged...) and it may be my favorite proc.

Creating The 'MAX' Damage Load-outs

We have talked about how to get enough single-shot damage to "one tap" skeletons and what the best splash damage/DPS options are for each class - now, I will help show you how to build the "maximum" damage sets that each class allows!

What You Will Need

Gear: 110 Mythic Valentine Set - the mythic valentine set is VERY unique because of 2 things... 1) you can use the love nest vanity weapon to complete the set, and 2) it gives a 6k damage bonus with a complete set (which is basically a free Wolf Set!)

110 Mythic Valentine Helm, Armor, Ring, Amulet and use the Love Nest Vanity weapon - 6k damage bonus

Note: the Valentine sets have different bonuses, so you can see more set details in the formal Valentine event forum post.

Another note: Using the Love Nest Vanity weapon WILL work for the elite 10-110 sets as well. The 110 elite Valentine set does 5k damage (while the Mythic does 6k) and is worth completing. Using the elite 110 set will do more damage than any other Ebon set.

Vanities:
    Wolf set (Helmet/Armor) - 6k dmg
    Drak 2pc set (Shield and Wings/Banner) - 5k damage
    Zep (6k damage)

DEX Max Damage Options:

Max Splash - Using the Sextant Bow with Mythic Valentine/Vanities will get you about 44k DPS - with a 5x, that's 220k DPS...insane.

Pure Damage options:
    110 OPS (Arcane, highest single pure shot damage in PL), 110 Ebonthrax Bow (0.9spd, caster stat/dmg boost, 30.5-34.2k damage and 36k DPS - splash weapon as well), Ebon dagger/wing (0.5 speed - 2nd fastest weapon in all PL - 31k damage or 62k DPS - does a target debuff/damage over time proc), Ebon tooth/wing (0.7spd, ranged talon, self-heal/defensive buff, 31k damage or 44k+ DPS), 105 Hawken's Talon/ebon wing (elite, craftable, 0.8 speed, high dodge/health/crit, chance for mega resistance shield proc, 28.4k damage or 38k DPS), 105 Volta Dagger/ebon wing (elite, craftable, high dodge/health/crit, 0.5spd, electro stun proc is one of the best in game, 28.3k+ damage or 56.7k+ DPS), lvl 80 DEREX talon/ebon wing (rare, but has higher DPS than ebon tooth or hawken's talon)

INT Max Damage Options:

Max Splash - Using Lust Staff with Mythic Valentine/Vanities will get you about 32k DPS - with a 5x, that's 160K DPS.

While lower DPS than pure DEX, using pure INT with this splash method makes you so much more of a tank and the pure INT will increase your skill effectiveness. Having more skills (including healing, etc.) offers more options and easier guiding the kill lap during Phase 2. Conspiracy Theory: I also notice that pure INT may be a "tougher" toon in the game's difficulty system... so being a tougher toon will increase the loot/gold drops during the run. Pure INT gold farming is very underrated!

Pure Damage Options:
    105 Eloia's wand/ebon bracer (higher health, chance to proc health pools, 0.6spd is faster than ebon wand, 28.5k damage but 43.9k DPS!), 110 Cannonball Clutch (Arcane - has the awesome lightning proc, 1.2spd, 30.2-34.2k damage but 26.5-27k DPS), Ebon wand/bracer (no ebon bonus, but ebon wand has dmg boost proc, 31.4k damage/DPS), Ebon scepter (gains about 100 armor over ebon wand/bracer, is NOT splash, but has some visual effect as Clutch - has a target debuff and damage over time proc, 30-33k damage and 31.5k DPS), Wyzamiro (105, rare craftable, electric corrosion debuff, 0.9spd, +240 health over ebon scepter, 26.7k-27.1k damage, 29.9k DPS).

"Pistols" - there are a variety of 2h pistols now. There higher damage, single shots and are fast. There is the lvl 100 Finam pistols, the lvl 100 Hemi pistols but also the 100 "Pure" pistols. The pure pistols are better than hemi, and hemi is better than Finam. Pure pistols are 29.2-30k damage but are the fastest single shot DPS for INT - 51.2k DPS!

STR Max Damage Options:

Max Splash - Using Karro's Axe with Mythic Valentine/Vanities will get you about 43.7k DPS - with a 5x, that's 218k DPS, and the terror proc is very much worth getting to know! Obviously the big issue with using STR for gold farming is the close-combat and accidentally picking up gold (while not wearing gold gear). That is the big reason why I avoid using STR - but for general PvE, gauntlet/events and PvP, STR can work wonders if you spend the time testing.

Pure Damage Options:
    105 Tyben's Sword/Ebon Shield (listed as 0.6spd - same as Karro's axe, but not splash and does up to 49.5k DPS with 28k damage), 100 Hemi gun (Elite - ranged, 0.8spd, 29.4k+30.7k damage, 37k+ DPS), Ebon 2h Axe (1.3spd, target stun + defense buff procs, 25k DPS but 30.5-34.7k damage), 110 Sunshark Sword (Arcane - 1.3spd, 30.8-36.8k damage but 26k DPS).

Gold Gear - Consistent Gold and the 'Max' Proc Gold Load-outs

When wearing gold boosting gear, many players just want the best "consistent" gold boost possible. This means if you have wear 100%, you always get 100% boosted. There are "procs" on certain vanities and amulets that trigger up to 100% more gold than normal, but the proc is random and impossible to summon on demand. I will cover both options below.

The Best, Consistent Gold Gear:

Vanities:
    Black Hearts of Love (or other 50% gold vanity helm) - 50% Gold, 50% Luck
    Winter King 4pc (armor, weapon, shield and banner) - 300% gold
    Greedy Gazer pet - 100% gold, but also does 5k damage, armor, 3x XP, etc.
    (Optional - there are many pets that have 50% gold instead, and those are much cheaper and easier to buy)

Gear:
    110 Mythic Greedy Revenant Ring - 4 x 15% gold slots, plus the 15% base bonus loot = 75% max gold
    110 Mythic Green Godspeed Amulet - 4 x 100% gold slots, plus 4x speed = 400% max gold
    (Optional: 110 Mythic Blarney Stone Amulet - 4 x 100% gold slots + 7% base gold = 407% max gold)

Total: 450% from vanities, 475% from gear = 925% max gold (or 932% with Blarney)

The 'MAX' Gold Gear (with max Procs):

Vanities:
    Winter King 4pc (helm, armor, weapon, and shield) - 300% gold
    Freedom Fighter Shield - on damage taken, can trigger a 100% gold proc for 10 seconds
    Lovey Pet - 200%, but VERY rare. Probably less than 10 in the game. (Dropped in the 2022 Valentine Event.)

Gear:
    110 Mythic Greedy Revenant Ring - 4 x 15% gold slots, plus the 15% base bonus loot = 75% max gold
    40/60/80 Mythic Beach BBQ Amulets - 4 x 100% gold slots, and on kill you can proc 100% gold for 10 seconds = 500% max gold

Total: 600% from vanities, 575% from gear = 1,175% max gold

Other Vanity Options and Sets for Gold:

There are 3 or 4 modern and 'premier' vanity sets for gold boosts:

1. The Winter King Set 3pc offers 100% gold boost, 4pc does 300% (helm/armor/weapon/shield/banner)
    2. The 'Metal' Sets - 3pc for 100% gold (helm/armor/weapon/shield and rare wings)
    3. Note: the Maven (3x damage) and Menace (3x armor) sets offer 100% gold each BUT there was a patch update that allows the Pink or Black Classic Wings (banner item) to complete both sets. If you wear wings, shield and weapon, you complete both sets for 200% gold, 3x damage and 3x armor.
    4. New Classic Fire Dragon Set - 3pc for 100% gold (helm/armor/wings) and 3x damage and 3x armor
    5. Golden Dragon Master set - 4pc for 50% gold, 3x damage and 3x armor (helm/weapon/armor/shield/wings)

Individual Vanity Items for Gold

There are also some 2pc vanity sets:
    Fool for Love = 3x Speed, 100% Bonus Gold Loot
    The Champion of Love = 3X Speed and 3X Damage
    Platinum Starry 2pc = 50% Gold, and 3X Speed
    Shiny Green Star 2pc = 100% Gold, and 3X Speed

Vanity Helmets:
    Black Hearts of Love - 50% gold, 50% luck
    Golden Krampus - 50% gold
    Scuba Masks - 50% gold
    Pa's Golden Cap - 30% gold

Vanity Weapons:
    The Amethyst Dragon Sword - 25% gold, 2x speed and 2x XP (needed for max XP bonus)
    The 'Golden' gun vanities (Carbine, Cannon, Shotgun, etc.) - 25% gold

Vanity Armors:
    There really aren't any feasible individual armor vanities that work in the modern gold era, but the Rudolph Sweater does 25%, or the Ugly Sweater does 20% gold as examples.

Vanity Shields:
    The Amethyst Dragon Egg: 25% gold (highest gold for individual shield)
    Emerald Ingot Shield = 15% Loot Re-Roll
    Emerald Dragon's Egg = 10% Bonus Gold, 10 Base Damage (in PVE)
    Platinum Crusader Shield = 20% Bonus Gold Loot
    Platinum Ingot Shield = 15% Bonus Gold Loot, 15% Loot Re-roll
    Sapphire Crusader Shield = 12% Bonus Gold Loot
    Sapphire Dragon’s Egg = 10% Gold, +15 Damage, 3 STR, DEX INT
    Ruby Crusader Shield = 15% Bonus Gold Loot
    Ruby Ignot Sheild = 15% Loot Re-roll
    Ruby Dragon’s Egg = 10% Gold, +20 Damage, 2 STR, DEX INT
    The Freedom Fighter Shield = 100 STR, DEX INT, proc damage taken 100% Gold for 10 sec

Vanity Wings/Banner Items:
    There really aren't any feasible individual wing/banner vanities that work in the modern gold era, but the 2022 Old Glory banner does 15% and the Legendary Wings of Love also does 5% (but also works to complete the Pompetus of love set)

Vanity Pets:
    Freedom Star = 77% Bonus Gold and 77% Luck for 7 seconds (damage an enemy)
    Greedy Lord Barksdale = 1k Health, 1k Damage, 50% Bonus Gold Loot, 50% Luck
    Greedy Gazer Pet = 100% Gold, 50% Luck, 150 STR, DEX, INT, 5K Damage Armor,, 3X Speed, 3x xp
    Sandy = 50% Gold, 50% Luck, 3X Speed, +3000 Damage
    The Golden Eagle = 3X Speed, Chance for Proc 3x Experience, 100% Gold (on damage)
    Bold Glory = 50 STR, DEX, INT, +1776 Health, 1776 Damage, 1776 Armor ,50% Gold Loot
    Rocket's White Glare = 50 STR, DEX, INT, 1776 Health, 50% Gold Loot

New Player Recommendations:
    Yakob is the cheapest pet on the market and does 30% Gold, 30% Luck, 2x speed and 1.5k Damage, Health and Armor
    Orotaur = 30 STR, DEX, INT, 4k Health & Damage, 30% Gold Loot, 30% Re-roll, 3X Towne Speed

Gold Enchantments:

I did want to briefly cover gold enchantments for rings and amulets. When crafting, arcane/mythic items have 4 slots, elite have 3 and pink have 2. Rings offer up to 15% gold per slot, while amulets offer up to 100% per slot. Rings and amulets offer stats and other bonuses, like Green Godspeed's 4x speed, but to 'craft' the item requires an "awakening" which costs platinum (10 platinum). Once an item is awakened, it can be rerolled using gold - you can then "lock" a slot once it hits your desired item, and continue rerolling. When you lock a slot, rerolling gets more expensive.

I highly recommend just paying extra for the max gold enchants that you can. 5% less than max may not seem like much, but once you farm gold for a week, that 5% chunk could be a ton of gold you missed out on. If you don't plan on gold farming that much, it makes sense to pay less for the a smaller gold enchanted item.

Recap:

PHEW! That was a long guide but I hope you found it useful and made it this far.

I covered gold (and what impacts gold), the maps that you should use to farm gold (including strategies and tips), what gear you should use to kill and loot (Phases 1, 2 and 3) and then I took a deeper dive into the gear that makes the best options for each phase.

Gold: Try to be a strong team and the gold loot will be better - use your best damage gear to kill, your best gold gear to loot and try not to die!
    Maps: Most players will team up in the Myx campaign, especially Vixen. Follow the group and try to use the best damage and health load-out you can (and read the Phases 1 and 2 options for best "one tap" and splash DPS gear).
    Gear: I covered lots of gear options and ranked my own personal best weapons for each class. I also covered various gold vanities and gold gear that would get you as close to 'max' gold as possible. While most players use DEX (and it makes sense, it's the best damage!) I would highly recommend trying a pure INT mage strategy. The splash DPS is still good but the skills and 'tankiness' to survive is very underrated in Vixen.

I really wanted to make this guide, since I don't really see any more recent public resources for gold farming. I hope that new players and experienced vets alike learned something new in this guide and are excited to try and improve their gold farming experience!

In the future, am planning on doing a dive into Vanity / set combos for each class - so that if you don't have a 3x daily blessing (or the newer 4x and 5x daily blessings), you can still find affordable, effective and overpowered options.

Good luck! - WizzyWhite, ThyNeighbor
    Last edited by ignwizzywhite; 08-23-2022 at 03:29 AM. Reason: added YT video

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ignwizzywhite For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Wow, what a wonderful read. Thank you so much for putting in the time and effort to creat this Wizzy. I hope inspires lot of new people to farm in mad mage! I wouldn’t be able to organize like you did and after reading it I’m wanting to creat a pure int Mage build now!!!!!
    GOATS R THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Goatycoady lv55, Thegoatking lv55, Theegoat lv55, Goaty lv47, Thegoaty lv45, Goatwarrior lv55.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to goatycoady For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

couldn’t have said it better myself, thank you for the guide��

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

couldn’t have said it better myself, thank you for the guide😘

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvatwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Great and comprehensive guide, this will be really helpful for new and coming back players.
    Though I really wish we have other methods of farming outside of the events and gold farming. But Cinco never gave us the Gauntlet map he promised (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Just wanted to add that:
    Quote Originally Posted by ignwizzywhite View Post
    (Pro Tip: wear the elite 105 Novenary Buckler shield to earn quest points faster - you can also wear Novenary in the Myx platinum dungeons to earn them even faster.)
    Lv.105 Birthday Buckler Shield and Lv.110 Legendary Decade Shield/s (Not the Vanity ones) would also works in this case. Though both of them are pretty much rare nowadays.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Endpoints For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Thanks! I believe you are right, the myth 110 Legendary Decade shield would also work to speed up the quest points. I updated that note in the guide!