Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview - The Elite Zodias Gauntlet!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Default Preview - The Elite Zodias Gauntlet!

It's the pinnacle of combat achievement in Zodias culture: The Zodias Gauntlet. Take on waves of elite level monsters to climb the leaderboards, collect mountains of gold, and secure some unique rewards.

How to Play

The Zodias Gauntlet can be unlocked by defeating Zodias bosses (Ekenta, Mecharydon and Rahabkor). Each one will grant points toward the global goal to activate the portal. Defeating the Elite versions will grant more points than normal. It will remain active for 24 hours.

Once unlocked, you'll find the portal to the Zodias Gauntlet in the great hall of the Zodias Capital. But, there are some preparations you should make before you head through. The Zodias will require a group of 3 players, one of each class and is designed to be the most difficult content yet, so make sure to equip your best gear to stand a chance against the onslaught.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	portal.jpg 
Views:	1341 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	247290

Once inside, you'll face your first wave of monsters. You have 120 seconds to clear them. If successful, you will face wave after wave until you either run out of time, or your party wipes.

Name:	interior.jpg 
Views:	1321 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	247291

You'll earn points as you go to climb the cyclical monthly Leaderboards.

Loot & Rewards

Monsters inside the Gauntlet will drop gold (and lots of it). Bosses and minibosses have a chance to drop the Elite Zodias Locked Crate.

Name:	crate.jpg 
Views:	1292 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	247296

The Elite Zodias Locked Crate contains Gold, Elixirs, Legendary and Mythic Level 81 Gear, Fathoms, Zodias Rank Points and two new items:

Name:	speed-up.jpg 
Views:	1301 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	247294

Time Tokens are a new consumable item that allow you to reduce the crafting time of any item.

Name:	pearl.jpg 
Views:	1298 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	247295

The Zodias "Pearl of the Deep" is a new Mythic item that increases the amount of Spirit XP your equipped Spirit Gear earns in Zodias and Elite Zodias. If it is in your inventory, it gives +5% Spirit in standard Zodias zones and +10% in Elite Zodias. This does stack with other Spirit XP multiplying effects!

Achievements

Defeat Elite Gauntlet Taa'Nyn (Wave 5) for 300 AP's and Elite Gauntlet Zaartarax (Wave 10) for 350!

Name:	al_ezg_aps.JPG 
Views:	1233 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	247300

Leaderboards

The Top 10 leaderboard winners each month will receive a special badge with a shiny animated border,

Name:	badge.jpg 
Views:	1281 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	247292

along with two titles:

Name:	title.jpg 
Views:	1309 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	247293

The Badge and Titles are cyclical rewards (like other Leaderboard rewards that expire after their respective terms).

Zodias "Eating Machine" Spirit Gear

As you may have noticed, the new crate contains an item for Spirit XP, which means the new Eating Machine spirit gear also comes along with this update!

Visit Kotermain in the Zodias Capitol to purchase the recipes for Eating Machine Spirit Armor, Helmet and Weapons with Fathom tokens. To craft them, you'll need to collect various spirit resources around Arlor.

Name:	recipe.jpg 
Views:	1304 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	247297

In addition to scaling power, the Level 76 "Eating Machine" Spirit Gear invokes a set bonus when all three (3) pieces are worn together: +10 Primary Stat, 5% Haste, 25% Damage and 30% Speed.

Level 76 "Eating Machine" Spirit Weapons also have a chance to proc various effects. The power/effectiveness of these procs increases with item level.

Aegis: Chance to summon the "Harpoon Rotor" aura, which damages nearby enemies.

Blade: Chance to apply "Wave Crash" on your target. This does significant single target damage.

Bow: Chance to apply "Tide of Vengeance" to your target to do damage over time.

Daggers: Chance to summon the "Sharktooth Shield" around your Legend, which reflects incoming damage.

Staff: Chance to summon the "Healing Zodias Tide" around your Legend. Increases damage and restores health over time.

Cannon: Chance to apply "Mecharydon's Armor Eater" which strips away your enemy's armor away for a short period.

Timing
    The Elite Zodias Gauntlet, the Eating Machine Spirit equipment, Eating Machine crafting component loot, the Elite Zodias Locked Crate, and the Zodias Pearl are all expected to be available starting this Thursday, August 4th.

The Elite Zodias Gauntlet (and everything mentioned above) is a permanent addition to the Zodias Campaign.

Coming Soon: New Community Contest!

In addition to all of the exciting things happening in game, keep an eye on the forums next week for some summer fun and a chance to unlock some in-game rewards for the whole Arcane Legends community!

Name:	banners.jpg 
Views:	1288 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	247298

Keep an eye out in the Arcane Legends Announcements section on Monday 8/8 for more details!
    Last edited by Cinco; 08-03-2022 at 10:48 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Is the badge permanent? Or is it monthly based

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedeZy View Post
    Is the badge permanent? Or is it monthly based
    These are monthly (like other cyclical LB rewards).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Looking forward to trying out the elite gauntlet

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

why do warrioirs again get such op weapon procs

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to championboost For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

How often do bosses spawn

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

So this is an expansion on lv81 and includes spirit gear as part of it?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Cinco...I'm a little confused on what happened with the Pearl of the Deep? Were you not able to find a way so it gives Spirit XP% to unequipped Spirit Items in the inventory?

Elite Zodias Gauntlet. I see there is not a mode with a no Timer version. That's so tragic. I felt like I made a compelling arguments on the topic with real variables and examples for it. On top of defending my statements. I will try it out ofc but I can already tell this is Content I am going to be skipping.

Spirit Gear. Aegis looks very interesting Proc wise. Thank you for not giving up on the Spirit Gear and giving it another chance.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    Cinco...I'm a little confused on what happened with the Pearl of the Deep? Were you not able to find a way so it gives Spirit XP% to unequipped Spirit Items in the inventory?

Elite Zodias Gauntlet. I see there is not a mode with a no Timer version. That's so tragic. I felt like I made a compelling arguments on the topic with real variables and examples for it. On top of defending my statements. I will try it out ofc but I can already tell this is Content I am going to be skipping.

Spirit Gear. Aegis looks very interesting Proc wise. Thank you for not giving up on the Spirit Gear and giving it another chance.
    I don't think giving Spirit XP to unequipped items is a good idea. That's why I didn't do it - and I'm not interested in doing it because that concept goes against the whole principle of the Spirit gear. However I did want to add a new item that gave your equipped gear additional Spirit XP when in use. It just doesn't make sense to advance Spirit items that are not in use.

As for the 'no timer' version of the Gauntlet, I just disagree fundamentally. There's always Elite Zodias if you want to grind Elite content without a timer. If I were to duplicate the EZG with a 'no timer' version it would offer the same loot as Elite Zodias (so you're not missing anything in that regard - just the gameplay).
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I don't think giving Spirit XP to unequipped items is a good idea. That's why I didn't do it - and I'm not interested in doing it because that concept goes against the whole principle of the Spirit gear. However I did want to add a new item that gave your equipped gear additional Spirit XP when in use. It just doesn't make sense to advance Spirit items that are not in use.

As for the 'no timer' version of the Gauntlet, I just disagree fundamentally. There's always Elite Zodias if you want to grind Elite content without a timer. If I were to duplicate the EZG with a 'no timer' version it would offer the same loot as Elite Zodias (so you're not missing anything in that regard - just the gameplay).
    Thanks for the reply. I see I have nothing more to say on those topics then.

Last question from me? How much Plat is the Pearl of the Deep?

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I see I have nothing more to say on those topics then.

Last question from me? How much Plat is the Pearl of the Deep?
    The Mythic Zodias Pearl is in the Elite Zodias Locked Crate - which opens for 5 Platinum / Crate Keys.

We are discussing the limited sale of an Arcane Zodias Pearl (gives more XP Bonus) in the Store during this first weekend of the Gauntlet... but we are undecided.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

The Mythic Zodias Pearl is in the Elite Zodias Locked Crate - which opens for 5 Platinum / Crate Keys.

We are discussing the limited sale of an Arcane Zodias Pearl (gives more XP Bonus) in the Store during this first weekend of the Gauntlet... but we are undecided.
    Ok sounds good.. I like the sound of that. Hopefully that happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

If you guys release an arcane version of the pearl it should be in large quantities if the only time to get them is during the zodias gauntlet launch

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

It's the pinnacle of combat achievement in Zodias culture: The Zodias Gauntlet. Take on waves of elite level monsters to climb the leaderboards, collect mountains of gold, and secure some unique rewards.

How to Play

The Zodias Gauntlet can be unlocked by defeating Zodias bosses (Ekenta, Mecharydon and Rahabkor). Each one will grant points toward the global goal to activate the portal. Defeating the Elite versions will grant more points than normal. It will remain active for 24 hours.

Once unlocked, you'll find the portal to the Zodias Gauntlet in the great hall of the Zodias Capital. But, there are some preparations you should make before you head through. The Zodias will require a group of 3 players, one of each class and is designed to be the most difficult content yet, so make sure to equip your best gear to stand a chance against the onslaught.

Name:	portal.jpg 
Views:	1341 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	247290

Once inside, you'll face your first wave of monsters. You have 120 seconds to clear them. If successful, you will face wave after wave until you either run out of time, or your party wipes.

Name:	interior.jpg 
Views:	1321 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	247291

You'll earn points as you go to climb the cyclical monthly Leaderboards.

Loot & Rewards

Monsters inside the Gauntlet will drop gold (and lots of it). Bosses and minibosses have a chance to drop the Elite Zodias Locked Crate.

Name:	crate.jpg 
Views:	1292 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	247296

The Elite Zodias Locked Crate contains Gold, Elixirs, Legendary and Mythic Level 81 Gear, Fathoms, Zodias Rank Points and two new items:

Name:	speed-up.jpg 
Views:	1301 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	247294

Time Tokens are a new consumable item that allow you to reduce the crafting time of any item.

Name:	pearl.jpg 
Views:	1298 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	247295

The Zodias "Pearl of the Deep" is a new Mythic item that increases the amount of Spirit XP your equipped Spirit Gear earns in Zodias and Elite Zodias. If it is in your inventory, it gives +5% Spirit in standard Zodias zones and +10% in Elite Zodias. This does stack with other Spirit XP multiplying effects!

Leaderboards

The Top 10 leaderboard winners each month will receive a special badge with a shiny animated border,

Name:	badge.jpg 
Views:	1281 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	247292

along with two titles:

Name:	title.jpg 
Views:	1309 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	247293

The Badge and Titles are cyclical rewards (like other Leaderboard rewards that expire after their respective terms).

Zodias "Eating Machine" Spirit Gear

As you may have noticed, the new crate contains an item for Spirit XP, which means the new Eating Machine spirit gear also comes along with this update!

Visit Kotermain in the Zodias Capitol to purchase the recipes for Eating Machine Spirit Armor, Helmet and Weapons with Fathom tokens. To craft them, you'll need to collect various spirit resources around Arlor.

Name:	recipe.jpg 
Views:	1304 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	247297

In addition to scaling power, the Level 76 "Eating Machine" Spirit Gear invokes a set bonus when all three (3) pieces are worn together: +10 Primary Stat, 5% Haste, 25% Damage and 30% Speed.

Level 76 "Eating Machine" Spirit Weapons also have a chance to proc various effects. The power/effectiveness of these procs increases with item level.

Aegis: Chance to summon the "Harpoon Rotor" aura, which damages nearby enemies.

Blade: Chance to apply "Wave Crash" on your target. This does significant single target damage.

Bow: Chance to apply "Tide of Vengeance" to your target to do damage over time.

Daggers: Chance to summon the "Sharktooth Shield" around your Legend, which reflects incoming damage.

Staff: Chance to summon the "Healing Zodias Tide" around your Legend. Increases armor and restores health over time.

Cannon: Chance to apply "Mecharydon's Armor Eater" which strips away your enemy's armor away for a short period.

Timing
    The Elite Zodias Gauntlet, the Eating Machine Spirit equipment, Eating Machine crafting component loot, the Elite Zodias Locked Crate, and the Zodias Pearl are all expected to be available starting this Thursday, August 4th.

The Elite Zodias Gauntlet (and everything mentioned above) is a permanent addition to the Zodias Campaign.

Coming Soon: New Community Contest!

In addition to all of the exciting things happening in game, keep an eye on the forums next week for some summer fun and a chance to unlock some in-game rewards for the whole Arcane Legends community!

Name:	banners.jpg 
Views:	1288 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	247298

Keep an eye out in the Arcane Legends Announcements section on Monday 8/8 for more details!
    Another tour of arlor contest?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ItsNotOrange For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Does the new spirit weapons can proc at any level?

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caabarader View Post
    Does the new spirit weapons can proc at any level?
    Yes. The proc effects are better at higher levels but they can activate at any level :-)
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Do (aegis, blade) have proc cd? Hope not, if so, how long? 6sec as usual?
    Does proc rate increase with item's lvl or stays same as with old spirits?

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marosok View Post
    Do (aegis, blade) have proc cd? Hope not, if so, how long? 6sec as usual?
    Does proc rate increase with item's lvl or stays same as with old spirits?
    Spirit Weapon procs have a cool-down that affects the activation of other weapon procs but not the same Spirit Weapon. So: no stacking with other gear but no relevant cool-down between Spirit gear procs. Hopefully that makes sense. If not... you'll see it in action once you start playing with the new stuff! :-)

Proc rates do not increase with item level. Rates are slightly higher for the new Eating Machine Spirit weapon procs compared to older Spirit gear.
    | | | |

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Spirit Weapon procs have a cool-down that affects the activation of other weapon procs but not the same Spirit Weapon. So: no stacking with other gear but no relevant cool-down between Spirit gear procs. Hopefully that makes sense. If not... you'll see it in action once you start playing with the new stuff! :-)

Proc rates do not increase with item level. Rates are slightly higher for the new Eating Machine Spirit weapon procs compared to older Spirit gear.
    Got my answers, thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

So crafting items be in locked crates or it's pure grinding to win?
    And how much fathoms for the recipe?
    Just wondering