Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Gauntlet feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Default Gauntlet feedback

So i started run that, and got into wave 20+ and got some suggestions/construtive criticism.
    Let's start:
    •Gold loot:
    I was really excited to see the drop on it, but got some disappointed by knowing that sunken is still better to farm, wave 4 has 1 mini boss, wave 5 has 1 mini+ 1 boss, and after wave 6 it starts to have mini boss in all rooms...
    The point is that 1 mini boss got me max 18k drop(which is very good), around 45k per wave which takes around 1:00(after wave 6+) , but during 1:20 on sunken, it gets me 90k+ easily which is the double!
    The bosses(there are only boss 5, taa nyn, and boss 10, the dragon which i forgot name, after wave 10 there's none) got me around 40k, probably it's not the max, since i get over 60k on elite sunken boss sometimes.
    Mobs does drop a good gold(50-600), but it's too risky to use gl while killing them.

•Difficult:
    It's only for players geared, and that's not a problem, it's a new content and it is designed to be hard, i found it cool to play and strategy based, after wave 10, there start to appers some skeletons on the mid of map, surprised me!

•BUG:
    Found out a bug that should be fixed, after u killed all, *sometimes* the timer doesn't stop, making u lose the wave, the timer just stop after 3-5 seconds. That happened 3 times for me, and I'm sure we had killed all.

•The way it open:
    Very good that u listen the players suggestions about killing others bosses(ekenta and mecha)also helps, it gets even better when the normal version also helps. :-)

Gauntlet have potential, and with some upgrades on the gold loot will be even more enjoyable to play, can't wait to test new spirits gear there!(hopefully war spirit aegis be enough to kill mobs, wars are being just a tank with polaris/neptaris trying kill mobs)

Some ideas about gold loot:
    •Increasing mobs base drop
    I guess 400-600 per mob without using gold loot should be very good.

•Increasing minibosses drop:
    Rise the base gold also would work, maybe 15-20k without gl, and rise the max drop with gold loot also, maybe the same as the boss drop could be way too much since there are 3 mini per wave, but i'll let this to u guys think a good % for it to drop.

•Adding some chests
    For this i got two ideas:
    #1(the best)
    After the whole team die, everyone would be teleported to a rewarding zone, that contains chests with gold. The quantity of chests should be based on the wave that the team has died.(Maybe 3 per wave?)
    #2:
    Adding chests at each room, like maps 1-4 of elite zodias have(it would still take a bit of time to open the chests, that's why the #1 is the best!)
    Last edited by caabarader; 08-04-2022 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Added some ways to buff gauntlet gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Sunk is still better/easier for gold and I think most players will still choose to run sunk instead of this

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xuds View Post
    Sunk is still better/easier for gold and I think most players will still choose to run sunk instead of this

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk
    Yes, that's the real point here, but decided to point some others minor's :-). A buff on it would be very interesting

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

even op wont farm on this map,bad gold drop nobody wanna use gl on mobs and died,sunken better,faster,easier,either buff the gold drop from miniboss or add boss at every wave for extra gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adek Nakal View Post
    even op wont farm on this map,bad gold drop nobody wanna use gl on mobs and died,sunken better,faster,easier,either buff the gold drop from miniboss or add boss at every wave for extra gold.
    Yea! Just updated/added some ideas of how implement more gold during each wave.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

also idk how the spirit gear supposed to be for the player that dont have a lot of gold,mythic gear is cheaper than the cost of getting all the crafting item for spirit gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

If y'all gonna keep saying that sunken is better
    Next thing we getting is sunken getting nerfed , so we would be forced to play gauntlet and portals lol, which don't need.
    XD i would definitely keep it low.
    But +1 for suggestion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aayushh007 For This Useful Post:

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Keep it coming Legends!

We may not update tomorrow but we’ll prep changes to make it more compelling (at the latest) next week.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aayushh007 View Post
    If y'all gonna keep saying that sunken is better
    Next thing we getting is sunken getting nerfed , so we would be forced to play gauntlet and portals lol, which don't need.
    XD i would definitely keep it low.
    But +1 for suggestion.
    I feel gauntlet is the center of the expansion rn, like map 1-2 helps mecha open, map 3-4 helps ekenta, mecha/ekenta kills open rahab, and mecha/ekenta/rahab opens gauntlet. All these steps should be good and gold reproducers, but having gauntlet on the top of it, proof me that it does need good gold loot than others maps. Tho we can't hidden the facts comparing sunken with gauntlet...
    Those comparisons are important to understand what is missing(and for me, a nerf on sunken isn't a good way to balance)

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Keep it coming Legends!

We may not update tomorrow but we’ll prep changes to make it more compelling (at the latest) next week.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice that u come talk to us before the gauntlet open, it's always nice have devs on game.
    And hopefully u get good ideas/take some of the suggestion the ppl will send to the team. I'm sure the team will found out a way to make gauntlet better than sunken in questions of gold drop(funnier gauntlet already is) :-)

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caabarader View Post
    I feel gauntlet is the center of the expansion rn, like map 1-2 helps mecha open, map 3-4 helps ekenta, mecha/ekenta kills open rahab, and mecha/ekenta/rahab opens gauntlet. All these steps should be good and gold reproducers, but having gauntlet on the top of it, proof me that it does need good gold loot than others maps. Tho we can't hidden the facts comparing sunken with gauntlet...
    Those comparisons are important to understand what is missing(and for me, a nerf on sunken isn't a good way to balance)

Nice that u come talk to us before the gauntlet open, it's always nice have devs on game.
    And hopefully u get good ideas/take some of the suggestion the ppl will send to the team. I'm sure the team will found out a way to make gauntlet better than sunken in questions of gold drop(funnier gauntlet already is) :-)
    Adding more gold loot to satisfy players who aren't using GL gear could be cool but (for what should be very obvious reasons) I'm not really compelled to make this change. EZG presents a choice rn, and I expect that over time you will see strategy and gear combos that maximize gold output that put Sunken in your rear view mirror.

The idea of adding usable treasure chests at the end of a given wave will make it easier to gear swap and could be cool... but the timer will not stop if these are added. I am playing with that change this evening. So far I hate it 'cause I have to spend the time running to / opening the crates (and I'm not always close enough... and it prescribes a very specific clearing strategy for each wave - which honestly just sucks). Before anyone asks: making it so that the crate opens happen in-between waves / without affecting the timer is not a possibility right now. Not saying this will never be a thing but I want to be transparent about what I'm doing insofar as experimenting with suggestions and community feedback.

My high level design isn't for EZG to instantly take over gold farm but to be the inevitable destination for gold farm after players adapt to strategy and adopt the incoming Arcane 81's. Keep in mind: it's not an event; it's a permanent feature of Zodias campaign.

Thanks for your criticism and your support!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

how good the strategy or the gear is u still died if use gl on mobs at wave 20+ ,what left is only the miniboss for gl income the idea that the mob drop a lot of gold is problematic,in theory yes gauntlet drop more gold than sunken but like i said earlier,nobody wanna use gl on mob and died at the end of the day sunken is the best place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adek Nakal View Post
    how good the strategy or the gear is u still died if use gl on mobs at wave 20+ ,what left is only the miniboss for gl income the idea that the mob drop a lot of gold is problematic,in theory yes gauntlet drop more gold than sunken but like i said earlier,nobody wanna use gl on mob and died at the end of the day sunken is the best place.
    Yes, indeed noticed that mobs drop a good amount of gold, tho the idea of having it as something important isn't the best, could have been replaced with others ideas, the maxed gl gear is, yet, not fully developed, Ava is a big problem into stats, and last year we had venal sets added on the game, but it still rare...
    Also gold loot % items are mostly bad level, which makes it even worse, but cheaper.
    Creating a way to we get more gold loot awakens in op gears is interesting and necessary.
    Both mobs and gear sides have solutions, not easy, but already is a start to understand what do we need to make gauntlet a great ful content.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

if u not willing to increase* the gold drop then i suggest compile all the gold from the mob and put it into miniboss or boss instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Adding more gold loot to satisfy players who aren't using GL gear could be cool but (for what should be very obvious reasons) I'm not really compelled to make this change. EZG presents a choice rn, and I expect that over time you will see strategy and gear combos that maximize gold output that put Sunken in your rear view mirror.

The idea of adding usable treasure chests at the end of a given wave will make it easier to gear swap and could be cool... but the timer will not stop if these are added. I am playing with that change this evening. So far I hate it 'cause I have to spend the time running to / opening the crates (and I'm not always close enough... and it prescribes a very specific clearing strategy for each wave - which honestly just sucks). Before anyone asks: making it so that the crate opens happen in-between waves / without affecting the timer is not a possibility right now. Not saying this will never be a thing but I want to be transparent about what I'm doing insofar as experimenting with suggestions and community feedback.

My high level design isn't for EZG to instantly take over gold farm but to be the inevitable destination for gold farm after players adapt to strategy and adopt the incoming Arcane 81's. Keep in mind: it's not an event; it's a permanent feature of Zodias campaign.

Thanks for your criticism and your support!
    Elite Sunken is the go-to spot for farming gold right now.

- Its also opened 24/7.

- It isn't class-restricted. Hence, there isn't time to waste finding for the suitability and availability of other classes.

It is true EZG will be easier as more strategies develop, when lv81 arcanes get released - However, those aspects are directly proportional to Elite Sunken as well.

EZG just won't be popular for gold farming. Which is disappointing when you advertised that it drops alot of gold - its just not suitable when the masses have been doing the "switch gl when boss at 5%" meta for like 6yrs? Eversince players were farming in ESG, then in DM, then in EVG and now E.Sunken.

The masses only own high gl but weak stat gl sets, along with their ms and damage sets - because that was the most efficient trifecta of loadouts for all aforementioned gold mines of the past 6yrs. And it seems like you want to suddenly change this with EZG.

Not until something changes with how players obtain the gold would they start farming it. For the meantime, Elite Sunken we go.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

EZG needs to have something very relevant that is item drop based rather than gold, otherwise nobody will play it unless gold amounts are dramatically increased

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Also, while this could be hard to implement, how about adding more difficult versions of main bosses at higher waves - possibly the other 2 from zodias maps (Aquareth and Zaartarax), plus modified versions of the 3 portal bosses?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Did 1 run for the Aps and just to see how it would be. It was fun and I liked the overall feel and fight a lot better than EVG. Seems like it might be good to Lvl up Spirit Weapons there also. Hmm does EZG give the most Spirit XP per kill out of all the Zodias Maps?

"Making it so that the crate opens happen in-between waves / without affecting the timer is not a possibility right now." I hope it can be, it would make things so much more enjoyable. I would buy a GL Set again and help Guildies farm there.

Tanking wise with my current stats, it felt good and comfortable. But I kinda expected that having 50K HP with Juggernaut and Heroic Garlic HB.

I think you guys did a pretty good job on this. But...the Timer still sucks though! 😂
    Imagine for the last 3 Years while being in your 20’s following another dude around the Internet...F Pathetic..Scll#TrannyActivity🤡🤮

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

A, buff to the end screen when time runs out, death occurs.. would be cool.. well, it'd be epic, let's be honest.

reference:

Name:  Screenshot (435).png
Views: 229
Size:  392.7 KB

btw, i still say no to farming gold. XD

give me loot..

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki