Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Falsely Advertised Elixir Perhaps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Falsely Advertised Elixir Perhaps?

Hello,

I recently hit 71 on my bird, Apollo, using a combination of the thrasher punch and 7 day elixir. To my calculations, this would make it out to 6x xp, correct?

I found out, the entire time while running Mega Maze, I was only getting 4XP per kill, which was definitely not what was advertised. I grinded about 30k XP before I realized this.

So I figured, no big deal, support can probably refund me the elixir, HOWEVER, they didn't!

I just wanted to let others know that in Mega Maze at least, with the enable XP elixir, the 7 day elixir + thrasher combo does NOT work as advertised.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

It does work as advertised. The mob multiplier with enable XP elixirs at lower level campaigns is well below 1 XP per kill.
    | PL: Odin | ECLIPSE

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

DexGOD is correct, and it looks like you are getting 2/3 XP for low level kills which would be why the 6X is 4X on them.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

maybe u can level in appropriate areas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    maybe u can level in appropriate areas.
    Agreed. Parth really needs to learn to play his class properly which he will never achieve if he just keeps jamming buttons in low level dungeons.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

I ran 2 full hours in the lagoon and still only came up with your typical 4x xp or approx 8k per hr ... This was with full thrashed team and the double experience elixir. That coupled with the fact that it was purchased on the wrong toon (refused to switch the elixir to the correct character) and I decided all level later ...

**Tries to wash bad taste forming in mouth out**
    Last edited by TANKKAAR; 07-31-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

O.O
    wow, all i gotta say.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Is this why when say u have 234/235 and u wanna get 235/235 and u kill a mob u sometimes get 2kills? Because i did this on lwmarkjr at l10 but i got a roll back but now im scared to do it again just in case it does it again. And i dont have plat like that to buy new inspec pages each time. Anyone can help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    Is this why when say u have 234/235 and u wanna get 235/235 and u kill a mob u sometimes get 2kills? Because i did this on lwmarkjr at l10 but i got a roll back but now im scared to do it again just in case it does it again. And i dont have plat like that to buy new inspec pages each time. Anyone can help?
    I dont get it....

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Gotta be REALLY careful with that because it is not showing you the decimal points. So you might be at 234.2 or 234.8 and you don't know, and you are not exactly sure how much the mob is going to give you, is .5,1.0, 1.5? That is why people see their exp sometimes go up by two, sometimes by one and sometimes not at all when killing the same mobs.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

As Fluff outlines above, the rates for exp gain depend on a number of factors, including (but not limited to) your groupsize, your level and the levels of the critters. Exp is fractional, in that a kill may ultimately only give you a portion of a point (.2 for example) and then have your multipliers go into effect. Now, I will say that the new 2x 7 day elixir is a new thing for us and I wouldn't ever say anything is foolproof. However, the testing team (that does have access to the full numerical view of a character's level progression) did observe correct behavior by stacking elixirs with the new 7 day one.

If you do feel that the elixir is not working for you, we want to hear the details. Please write our Support Team at support@spacetimestudios.com and include as much detail as possible. Now I know that Apollo already reported his findings to our team and we didn't have reason to believe that it wasn't working as advertised - but there are a lot of variables involved and it is entirely possible that a different set of variables could be problematic. Regardless, we always try to do right by our customers and I think Apollo can attest to that from our previous correspondence.

Thanks, as always, for your support!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Can there be an option for players to see decimals?

I <3 decimals!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to drewcapu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

As Fluff outlines above, the rates for exp gain depend on a number of factors, including (but not limited to) your groupsize, your level and the levels of the critters. Exp is fractional, in that a kill may ultimately only give you a portion of a point (.2 for example) and then have your multipliers go into effect. Now, I will say that the new 2x 7 day elixir is a new thing for us and I wouldn't ever say anything is foolproof. However, the testing team (that does have access to the full numerical view of a character's level progression) did observe correct behavior by stacking elixirs with the new 7 day one.

If you do feel that the elixir is not working for you, we want to hear the details. Please write our Support Team at support@spacetimestudios.com and include as much detail as possible. Now I know that Apollo already reported his findings to our team and we didn't have reason to believe that it wasn't working as advertised - but there are a lot of variables involved and it is entirely possible that a different set of variables could be problematic. Regardless, we always try to do right by our customers and I think Apollo can attest to that from our previous correspondence.

Thanks, as always, for your support!
    Ah, thanks Sam! Yes, you guys are amazing with your support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Agreed. Parth really needs to learn to play his class properly which he will never achieve if he just keeps jamming buttons in low level dungeons.
    Lol, Gau

I was leveling there for around 30k of my exp because I have stitches on my hand & it was easier to one hit mobs by myself than lingering behind on a Humania map.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff:730989
    Gotta be REALLY careful with that because it is not showing you the decimal points. So you might be at 234.2 or 234.8 and you don't know, and you are not exactly sure how much the mob is going to give you, is .5,1.0, 1.5? That is why people see their exp sometimes go up by two, sometimes by one and sometimes not at all when killing the same mobs.
    Thx fluff..my friend wanted me to get her full xp at l50 and she was like plz help i only need to kill once an when i did it boom 51 i felt so bad..same thing with lwmarkjr an it lvld but helpfully sts rerolled

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

I feel as though we're taking stack in the wrong way. Instead of it being multiplied, it's added. We're gaining the extra XP from the 4x + the extra xp from the 2x making it a total of 5x(Our normal 1x + 3x extra + 1x extra). When you do the math, 5x seems to work out when I compare 5 minutes of hidden passage on 4x to 5 minutes of hidden passage on 4x + the 2x.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Lol, Gau

I was leveling there for around 30k of my exp because I have stitches on my hand & it was easier to one hit mobs by myself than lingering behind on a Humania map.
    All who buy it, say I! :D

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Otukura For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    I feel as though we're taking stack in the wrong way. Instead of it being multiplied, it's added. We're gaining the extra XP from the 4x + the extra xp from the 2x making it a total of 5x(Our normal 1x + 3x extra + 1x extra). When you do the math, 5x seems to work out when I compare 5 minutes of hidden passage on 4x to 5 minutes of hidden passage on 4x + the 2x.

All who buy it, say I! :D
    Main reason why I wasn't on PL for a few days when you were asking, Chris.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura:731203
    I feel as though we're taking stack in the wrong way. Instead of it being multiplied, it's added. We're gaining the extra XP from the 4x + the extra xp from the 2x making it a total of 5x(Our normal 1x + 3x extra + 1x extra). When you do the math, 5x seems to work out when I compare 5 minutes of hidden passage on 4x to 5 minutes of hidden passage on 4x + the 2x
    If it is 5x then they are advertising it wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:729591
    Yes, once you purchase the 7 day 2X exp elixir, you will have that effect on that character for 7 consecutive days (it is always counting down). You can stack any other exp elixir on top of it. If you get a 4x exp elixir, you would then have a total of 6x exp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomad187 View Post
    I guess it depends on your definition of stacking.

Hmm, it would be appreciated if STS could be extremeley detailed with these things to avoid confusion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Main reason why I wasn't on PL for a few days when you were asking, Chris.
    I'm not doubting the injury, I just don't think it's the reason you chose fathom over humania.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad187 View Post
    I never counted enemies, so it could be my non-consistent run times. It would be best for someone who would be counting kills to have more accurate figures to go off of.
    Last edited by Otukura; 07-31-2012 at 07:06 PM.