Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Enchanting system overhaul suggestion

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default Enchanting system overhaul suggestion

Enchanting system overhaul

The point of this overhaul is to streamline the player experience with enchanting process and make it easier to operate.
    The new system will work that way:
    Instead of having your jewels slotted in you gear’s sockets, you will have a special tab designed in such way where you can slot the jewels.
    You will have a total of 13 slots as it follows:
    5 offensive slots (where you can slot jewels such as : mind, fury, finesse, lightning, chaos)
    5 defensive slots (where you can slot jewels such as : nature, water, diamond)
    2 utility slots (where you can slot new jewels that will give you gold loot bonus, experience bonus, movement speed bonus, haste bonus)
    1 slot for combat jewels (where you can slot a special jewel that will enhance your damage bonus or damage rezistence bonus)

Because the number of slots is reduced from 21 to 13, and only 10 of them are designed to hold the original type of jewels, the bonuses those jewels provide will be doubled for each category and rank.

As an endgame player I often switch from a set of gears to another to optimize my performance in certain raids and I feel punished to try and slot/unslot my jewels on different gears, having to wait 8hours for each piece. Even with the new crafting time reduction tokens, the process is so complicated that doesn’t worth the effort. I would like to have the freedom to choose any type of jewel combination to boost my performance based on the content I play without sacrificing too much time. It is already too costy to make 1 set of jewels and I don’t find being a viable choice to own more than a set jewels at this point due to the upgrading process constrains.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hriv For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hriv View Post
    Enchanting system overhaul

The point of this overhaul is to streamline the player experience with enchanting process and make it easier to operate.
    The new system will work that way:
    Instead of having your jewels slotted in you gear’s sockets, you will have a special tab designed in such way where you can slot the jewels.
    You will have a total of 13 slots as it follows:
    5 offensive slots (where you can slot jewels such as : mind, fury, finesse, lightning, chaos)
    5 defensive slots (where you can slot jewels such as : nature, water, diamond)
    2 utility slots (where you can slot new jewels that will give you gold loot bonus, experience bonus, movement speed bonus, haste bonus)
    1 slot for combat jewels (where you can slot a special jewel that will enhance your damage bonus or damage rezistence bonus)

Because the number of slots is reduced from 21 to 13, and only 10 of them are designed to hold the original type of jewels, the bonuses those jewels provide will be doubled for each category and rank.

As an endgame player I often switch from a set of gears to another to optimize my performance in certain raids and I feel punished to try and slot/unslot my jewels on different gears, having to wait 8hours for each piece. Even with the new crafting time reduction tokens, the process is so complicated that doesn’t worth the effort. I would like to have the freedom to choose any type of jewel combination to boost my performance based on the content I play without sacrificing too much time. It is already too costy to make 1 set of jewels and I don’t find being a viable choice to own more than a set jewels at this point due to the upgrading process constrains.
    +1 and it will give an utility to side jewels like nature, diamond and even water for rogues who lacks mana

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,478 Posts

Sorry, that's not the way the system was designed. I also don't want to deal with the repercussions of adjusting player's items.

-ALS

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Then at least replace the crafting time with gold because it is purely insane to wait 8h for each item every time you upgrade or switch your jewels in other items. We want to be flexible, not to be punished or spending our resources for such a thing. Call it a quality of life improvement if you want. Just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Agrees with the dev, zero changes needed. Besides I decide which type jewels to use, not you.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.