Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: @Cinco @Asommers Why Rogue is Inferior to War / Mage. (PVE ONLY)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default @Cinco @Asommers Why Rogue is Inferior to War / Mage. (PVE ONLY)

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Yes. Proc sunken with pisces and swap to a mythic 2.6k dex set with bounty hunter bow, those mages proced aquaris with ebon vest and swapped to their high dmg smuggler gun loadout. Procing those 2 together is easy I even made a skill loadout for it yesterday.
    https://youtu.be/4z8-ODFviQg
    I basically use the same build as you, and i’m pretty sure the pierce,aim,razor, nox combo is what the majority of other rogue players use. It’s not a game changer.

Timing the Pisces+Sunken combo is much harder than an aquaris+ebon vest. I don’t know how often you play rogue but sunken can barely proc from nox and razor especially on a boss alone, not to mention that you have to continually use charged basic attacks to proc pisces. All mages have to do is use their DOT skills to proc both aquaris and ebon vest, switch to smuggler gun loadout and it’s gg especially bc ebon gives haste. Also, their aquaris+ebon vest probably proced at the exact same time allowing them to switch right away. As for rogue, if you’re lucky to proc your pisces+sunken (they probably procced 1-2s after each other AND you have to use bends), when you swap to bounty hunter you’re relying on skills that have no haste and you have already lost some time.

Its a no brainer that rogues are inferior. And to top it off, mages can EASILY repeat their combos during mob clearing because of how easy it is to proc together. Mages clear mobs very quickly and RELIABLY and can also do the same for boss. Rogues just can’t compete with that because there’s too much luck involved in their combos.

As for your other comments about clearing the boss in the vid in 7-15s, I can do that too but it’s hard to do it CONSISTENTLY. The way mages are set up right now is that they can do these op damage far more consistently than rogues.

I don’t know if you do any gold farming, but try it with mages that have the same int as your dex and see if you do the same damage/kills in your party as any other mages. Because I’ve tried gold farming, and its far more efficient to get another mage than a rogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathlyreaper For This Useful Post: