Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion - Let us slot Happiness and Arcane Abilities of the owned pets

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default Suggestion - Let us slot Happiness and Arcane Abilities of the owned pets

It doesn t make sense to me to have a pet in my collection and be forced to buy another egg just to use one of his ability. I d like to suggest letting us to use their Happiness and Arcane Abilities in any combination we want as long as we own the pet.
    This became a problem when I decided to upgrade my pet combo. I currently own a Heroic Garlic (not an egg) and I have paid 25m for it at the time. Now it is around 70-80m for the egg and even if it was 25m or less, I wouldn t cosider to buy it second time just because I own one and I should be able to use it. Now I want to use my Heroic Garlic Happiness Bonus on my Heroic Poksau since I find his Passive ability more usefull for the content I m currently running. The player shouldn t be penalised for something that he paid for to use and fully enjoy. What If I want to switch in the future to one of my 300+ owned pets but I won t be able to carry on the important bonuses?
    Also the fact that I am able to use a pet, unslot, sell it, doesn t really seems a good ideea. I know though this will be the smartest decission to make as a player (to not open the egg if you aren t really into appearance and you can deal with a different passive ability).
    I d really like to hear something from you on this matter guys.

Thank you!

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Default hmmmmmmmmm

nice idea!

though I'm sure there will be a complex issue with allowing people to slot any pet they own into any other pet they own..

ill think on it...

thought about it and, well, it seems weird. lol

but +1

edit: potential gold sink here... we should be able to place pet in windmoore fountain of king dude...

turns out the fountain is a fountain of youth..!!

will turn your pet back into an egg.. BUT if you do that you need to pay 500k or so and the egg becomes untradable and just like hardcore, the pet level will be reset.

I hope this helps your cause.

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

As long as I'll be able to use my bonuses I don't mind having your variant implemented over my suggestion.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

You are meant to acquire Eggs to get these benefits. It’s the whole reason that Egg Slotting / “Animancy” exists. Plus it’s created a long-standing market for unopened eggs that this suggestion would destroy.

So - no. We won’t be doing this. Thanks for the suggestion nevertheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

At least take in cosideration what Blood proposed. This won t affect the un opened market and will keep the value of them on the market and will allow the player to make use of his owned pet. Let us to re egg our pets bound to characters for some amount of gold. It makes no sense to own a pet and not not being able to use their bonuses. I will have to buy two pets each time from now on? One for collection and aps and one to use? Please think about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Isn't it kinda your fault you opened the egg? Most people know to not open eggs with op HB and just keep it as an egg

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Fault? I opened it because I want the skin, I want it for collection and it also has a good Passive Ability. When I pay for a pet, I pay to fully use it, not just for a bonus. Now if I have to pay it twice or 3 times to have it slotted in different combination this for me is a game breaker. What if now they release a pet with a better Passive ability and skin? Do I buy it? No. Because I won t be able to use my H Garlic Happiness Bonus on it. Hope I have explained it well enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hriv View Post
    Fault? I opened it because I want the skin, I want it for collection and it also has a good Passive Ability. When I pay for a pet, I pay to fully use it, not just for a bonus. Now if I have to pay it twice or 3 times to have it slotted in different combination this for me is a game breaker. What if now they release a pet with a better Passive ability and skin? Do I buy it? No. Because I won t be able to use my H Garlic Happiness Bonus on it. Hope I have explained it well enough.
    sorry you don't have a point . you opened and now you getting all three abilities aka full potential of pet .

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

There will always be smart people like you lying around, who may want to prove their wisdom. So be it. If you don't understand my point of view, ok, but don't tell me that I don't have a point because I'm talking here about the egg system and how can be improved to help the player not wasting his time and gold every 3 months because a new pet is released. If there wasn't a verticsl progression in place we wouldn't argue here in the first place. If you know what I'm sayin'. I bet we're different type of player with different goals. That s why you don't agree with what I ve said so far. And Blood just proved to me just by writing his view, that there are better ways to make this viable.
    Cheers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Turning a pet back into an egg will not work as intended as we have APs that will be abused in a sense people can open their eggs then re-egg those eggs to use on alts etc. You have pet aps yet no pets are on your character.
    The allowing any opened pet abilities to be used with any other pet will hurt the market due to people unslotting all of their eggs and reselling them. Sounds like a nice feature but you have to look at the cons too, not just the pros.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Sorry but I think you have read through the lines. If you allow the player to re-egg one of his owned pets for a certain amount of gold, that egg WILL BE BOUND TO YOUR CHARACTER whitch means you won t be able to resell it on the market, trade with another player or stash it. The only 3 things you can do is to re-open it to be able to summon the pet, slot it as an egg in one of the other's pet slots, or keep it in inventory. This won't affect the market in any way as I won t buy a second pet that I have already own anyway. Instrad it will add a quality of life feature to the game and it will allow the system to sink some gold through the re-egg process. Again this wasn't my initial suggestion but I feel like people skiped those details entirely. And if you worry about APs, opening the egg twice won t count as you opened 2 pets because it is the same pet and it is counted accordingly.

Best regards.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

Sorry but I think you have read through the lines. If you allow the player to re-egg one of his owned pets for a certain amount of gold, that egg WILL BE BOUND TO YOUR CHARACTER whitch means you won t be able to resell it on the market, trade with another player or stash it. The only 3 things you can do is to re-open it to be able to summon the pet, slot it as an egg in one of the other's pet slots, or keep it in inventory. This won't affect the market in any way as I won t buy a second pet that I have already own anyway. Instrad it will add a quality of life feature to the game and it will allow the system to sink some gold through the re-egg process. Again this wasn't my initial suggestion but I feel like people skiped those details entirely. And if you worry about APs, opening the egg twice won t count as you opened 2 pets because it is the same pet and it is counted accordingly.

Best regards.
    It affects the market. In your example it affects the market specifically because you don’t need to buy another egg.

Re egging of pets has already been very carefully considered by the developers and it is not happening (not even in bound form).

| | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I won t buy the egg twice. Thank you anyway!

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

I won t buy the egg twice. Thank you anyway!
    Indeed. Animancy is optional.

Best wishes!

Closing.

| | | |