Thread: Elite Gear and Prices: Your Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Default Elite Gear and Prices: Your Thoughts?

So basically i'm noticing the Elite gear dropping in price by the hour which makes me think if STS will do anything about this.

Will they let the elite gear drop below the price of their counterpart crafted piece?

What effect will this have on the current crafted and uncrafted 70 gear.

And for those who currently own an elite gear(s), are you hoping STS will do something about this.

Discuss!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

And as a request would you consider changing the staff proc so it doesn't buff an opponent during a fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    And as a request would you consider changing the staff proc so it doesn't buff an opponent during a fight.
    Already have posted a thread in the Issues / Bugs Thread. Hope they do fix it though.

Quite disappointed with the amount of Elite Items, Its Elite for a reason just wish they never made the drop rate higher.

~Myst
    Mysticalz - Lv 13 Twink ( #1 Mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

As a general observation, it seems that the pricing of Humania items are all over the map lately! For a few days, the standard pink staffs were going for ~50-60K - even as low as 35K, now they are back to ~100K, which is where they were just a week or two ago. The crafted Humania items have seen fluctuations of >30% in the past two weeks which makes merching (for the impatient like me) much more challenging.

The same erratic economy has affected the Elite items. Before the increased drop rate, they were going for, or at least close to, a gold cap, now they seemed to have settled in around ~3-3.5M for the Staff, ~4.25M for the Sword and just over 5M for the cannon.

I suppose the Humania economy has been unsettled by the recent updates, but when I start seeing almost a 50% swing in pricing in a two week span, I figure it is time for me to lay low and stop trying to do any merching. Perhaps, I'll just have to change my payoff horizon, and buy when I notice massive drops in price, but it's hard to gauge what the "new" values will be. I took a few risks and lost.

It just seems that there is not too many buyers of the non-crafted Humania items, which explains the price fluctuations. After all, why buy a Hula Dancer or Islander set, when the Angel set is as good or better in almost every case.

As much as I love the Angel set for my toon, I think that it has shaken the economy and deflated the value of Humania items. Craftable, and Crafted Fang items held their value, were priced reasonably high and didn't fluctuate much until after the Humania release.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Did they lower elite drop rates again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Hey how's about we not worry about how much money can be made and maybe let average players be able to actually afford the good/cool gear? Not referring to myself in "average players" (honestly not even playing PL that much anymore), referring to people who don't have time to merch or have millions of gold stashed away for any occasion.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

An avg player who grinded to 71 can afford an elite piece by itself...all those diamonds and other drops

Atm any player would agree they are very affordable.

Alot of people are missing the fact that these elite weapons have l71 requirement.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Perhaps if the 'elite' gear would stop being so 1337 and stop turning on the wielder people would be less inclined to sell them off so quick.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Perhaps if the 'elite' gear would stop being so 1337 and stop turning on the wielder people would be less inclined to sell them off so quick.
    FML moments when you blow yourself and your party up with the ship

FML moments when you buff your opponent with 10 dodge armor and health when they're already at 70 some doge

FML moments when your swordfish procs and doesnt seem to do anything
    Last edited by gundamsone; 08-02-2012 at 06:42 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post: