Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Arcane Weapons design tweak

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default New Arcane Weapons design tweak

I know this is a subjective topic and this is not the best place to adress this but I'd like to give my feedback on the upcoming Arcane Weapons design and a tiny suggestion. In first of all the colors of the rogue's and warrior's weapons doesn't fit with the armor/helm set. Besides that I like the fact that you guys use specular in those new designs (it brings a modernized look on the graphics), howerver I'd expect to see an aditional visual effect added to the weapons (the sparkles we found on Peylon's Aquaris for example or something similar to Immortal weapon smoke effect) as those weapons are "the new best" and should look special in a way. Another thing I'd like to point out in the design of the wizard's staff with it s out of proportion and it is something the designer used to promote in the latest designs whitch I personally don't like. As an architect myself I often deal with subjectivity, however following some simple and basic designing principles helps me to avoid big discrepancies in how the design is perceived overall. In this case we're talking about proportion.

Skratch Staff Design (2 times bigger than the character itself), Aquaris, Goblin Skull Staff, Goblin Green Spear, the new Trident staff and the list can go on. Either the weapon model is too big, is held like a stick and it is 3 times bigger than the character. And don't get me wrong. All those designs are cool looking, but the proportion is out of hand. And it is simply helds the player back to fully enjoy it. And I give you good example of great designs, with great proportions and great holding position overall (Blighted Staff, Ker'shal, Captain Staff, Toxic Goblin Staff, Dragon Hunter Staff, Immortal Staff (my favorite so far), Goblaun Shilogh Staff, Hellshriek Staff, Flamestrike Staff, Jord's Staff and God, list can go on)

Name:  Untitled-1-1.png
Views: 160
Size:  245.1 KB

Colors and textures in line with the Arcane Armor/Helm, a visual effect similar with Peylon's Aquaris/Immortal weapons, and a refresh to the mage's weapon look. In this case I'd suggest a shorter stick, a different grip and a trident that can be seen a bit at the top that pierces the Octopus. I'd appreciate your response or any designer's response on that matter as it is something I really care about.

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

they do look boring now that you mention it and with this good before and after comparison u provide... good work thx.

a shorter stick, perhaps, or the position of where tha hand is placed should be adjusted.

I have never in my life saw a wizard hold a staff at the end.

Name:  Opera Snapshot_2022-08-21_140652_www.google.com.png
Views: 163
Size:  574.5 KB

but one may argues tis a sts game.

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    276 Posts

Sword and daggs look nice with that tweak u done there, staff would still prefer a full rework

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,509 Posts

Passed this off to the art team.

-ALS

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts