Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Unable to transfer plat between games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Unable to transfer plat between games

So i noticed Star Legends had a plat sale so thinking plat is based off account i bought 800 to get ready for Arcane Legends, now I find out I Have 30$ worth of plat in a game i don't play any more thanks Spacetime, you lost a supporter.
    Last edited by Justg; 08-05-2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Less drama.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlacPlague View Post
    So i noticed Star Legends had a plat sale so thinking plat is based off account i bought 800 to get ready for Arcane Legends, now I find out I Have 30$ worth of plat in a game i don't play any more thanks Spacetime, you lost a supporter.
    Yeah, you can blame Apple for that one, not STS. Also, not too keen on the thread title...

-----
    NOTE TO READER: The above post should most likely be read in a sarcastic tone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathpunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

because making it so you can transfer plat would be to easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlacPlague:734717
    because making it so you can transfer plat would be to easy
    It used to be that it was account based, but thanks to Apple, it's not. Apple told STS that if they didn't get rid of the shared platinum feature, they wouldn't accept Star Legends. Where are those aniti-Apple pics when we need one?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Oops

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and where is the warning to us when we buy it?

i mean if the currency was a different name for each game i could guess it wasnt shared but sence its plat on all i just lost 30$

i'm pissed and not planning to get spacetime another cent

at least is there any way i could get it xfered to DL
    Last edited by BlacPlague; 08-03-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    It used to be that it was account based, but thanks to Apple, it's not. Apple told STS that if they didn't get rid of the shared platinum feature, they wouldn't accept Star Legends. Where are those aniti-Apple pics when we need one?
    Good enough?
    http://g1wallz.com/wp-content/upload...lack-xdock.jpg

Now out of the record, even if i use ios, I beleive apple has its reasons to not let cross plat.
    To the person who made this thread: Did it say anywhere your plat can be shared from game to game @.O?
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlacPlague:734738

i mean if the currency was a different name for each game i could guess it wasnt shared but sence its plat on all i just lost 30$

*cough* Email support *cough*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

You can submit a request to support and explain the situation. They might be able to refund it.
    http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...s_requests/new
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

That is terrible! Please contact support, we can probably do something for you in regards to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

This is not to blame STS it's on apple.

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Pretty sure you made an assumption... take some consumer responsibility.
    And email support before blasting them on the forums.
    Also a sale in one game but not in another should have been a slight indication it isn't across account...
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry i raged I just got angry with the idea of having lost 30$.

Thanks for the help i sent in a e-mail

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I got a response today

Hello,

Unfortunately, due to the terms of use we are bound to, I am unable to transfer platinum between games. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Thanks!

- Alexander

TOS:
    Platinum. While using our Spacetime Applications, you may purchase Platinum which is an in-game currency specific to Pocket Legends in order to access certain features and functionality. Spacetime reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the amount of Platinum or the fee required for Platinum for use of any given feature. Platinum has no real world value and may only be used to purchase virtual products or services provided by Spacetime. Platinum has no cash value and is non-transferrable. FEES PAID FOR PLATINUM ARE FINAL AND UPON TERMINATION NO PLATINUM WILL BE REFUNDED. SPACETIME shall have no liability for hacking or loss of Platinum from your Spacetime account. The terms for redeeming Platinum can be changed at any time without notice. Selling Platinum and/or fraudulent or unauthorized charges are in direct violation of these Terms and all violators will be subject to immediate account termination. All Platinum purchases and items purchased within the in-game store using Platinum are non-refundable.

If by saying plat has no cash value and is non-transferable your way of saying its game bound, that isn't really fair, when i first read it I understood it as I can't trade it between accounts, not games.
    So ya still pissed but sense I'm screwed at least re-word it so you don't piss off more people

Good bye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Don't understand why you need a warning. They are two different games. Seems like something you should have checked on before you bought it.

Despite that, I'm sure if you asked for a refund they would give it.

Ask for a refund and not to transfer. You aren't going to get the sale price in a game that doesn't have a sale.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

What he said
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Think twice before you act. ^^
    Hi.
    Highlight the space above to find out the biggest secret of PL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Try emailing iTunes support. There's also a reason for STS not being able to refund plat, they can't hack into Apple and return $30 to your account, but Apple support can.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

So I got a response today

Hello,

Unfortunately, due to the terms of use we are bound to, I am unable to transfer platinum between games. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Thanks!

- Alexander

TOS:
    Platinum. While using our Spacetime Applications, you may purchase Platinum which is an in-game currency specific to Pocket Legends in order to access certain features and functionality. Spacetime reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the amount of Platinum or the fee required for Platinum for use of any given feature. Platinum has no real world value and may only be used to purchase virtual products or services provided by Spacetime. Platinum has no cash value and is non-transferrable. FEES PAID FOR PLATINUM ARE FINAL AND UPON TERMINATION NO PLATINUM WILL BE REFUNDED. SPACETIME shall have no liability for hacking or loss of Platinum from your Spacetime account. The terms for redeeming Platinum can be changed at any time without notice. Selling Platinum and/or fraudulent or unauthorized charges are in direct violation of these Terms and all violators will be subject to immediate account termination. All Platinum purchases and items purchased within the in-game store using Platinum are non-refundable.

If by saying plat has no cash value and is non-transferable your way of saying its game bound, that isn't really fair, when i first read it I understood it as I can't trade it between accounts, not games.
    So ya still pissed but sense I'm screwed at least re-word it so you don't piss off more people

Good bye
    Or you can start playing SL and i'll be glad to help u

Ign: Lordkira

P.s. The rover from the scifi pack is awesome!

Sent from The Vular Hive! XD
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Piosidon View Post
    Try emailing iTunes support. There's also a reason for STS not being able to refund plat, they can't hack into Apple and return $30 to your account, but Apple support can.
    If you go to the source, the sale agent such as iTunes or Google and have your charge cancelled or stopped it's a dispute. Which will result in a chargeback to STS. Most games ban you if you get a chargeback because you are literally taking back money you said they could have... behind their back. That's like buying a soda, chugging it in front of the cashier then going to the service desk for a refund because it was flat...

I want to point out to you, that it does say if you go to the web store or in the Terms that Platinum is game Specific. It actually says this when you select the game. So if you go to the store and click on Pocket Legends it says "* Platinum is an in-game currency specific to Pocket Legends." which mean of course you're not going to get to use it in different games if you buy it for Pocket Legends. And if you select a different game it says the same thing for that game, Platinum is <X> game specific. Just because the currency in Star and Dark Legends are named the same as in Pocket Legends doesn't mean it's the same currency. Canada and the U.S.A. both use the "Dollar" but they are NOT interchangeable. One is a "Canadian Dollar" the other is an "American Dollar" and if you try to use the one in the other country it doesn't work.

To be brutally honest, this really isn't STS or Apple's fault. Just you, for not looking at it before you bought it. If you do ask for a refund, I advise being really nice, and playing the dumb card. If you come off as mean they wont want to help you. I read the return policy and they say in there A LOT that they can say "No" any time they please. Which is kind of mean. But still true...
    Last edited by Zul; 08-05-2012 at 01:06 PM.