Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: NEW Build! 95 STR Enchantress = Offtank Battle Mage + AoE + Heals + omg!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The hardest part on iphone is finding an image rotating app that doesn't kill quality in the process - and i haven't found one yet (i spent over 5€ looking for one but even the ones saying that they don't degrade the pictures do ...), as far as uploading pictured go, imgur mobile is a good app (gives direct links...)
    Flyingcookie - Lvl 30 Enchantress
    Milkturbine - Lvl 30 Archer
    Gigahertz - Lvl 19 Warrior (in training)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifus View Post
    Saint!! Thank you thank you thank you! The post is now complete..

I just need to actually GET the lvl 30 croc's shield and the Croc's cap :P
    no problem Pacifus, feel free to add me ingame, maybe we could do some dungeon crawling together

btw does everyone have a strong hate for that 'lil bill' boss from the lost expedition pack. or is it just me.

i just run in with mana sheild on thinking its just a bunch of little yetis and bam!!!! K.O

i know it says lil bill over his head but its in white font and hardly noticeable.

anyways.... gone a bit off topic. just wanted to throw the question out there :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Violentsaint View Post
    no problem Pacifus, feel free to add me ingame, maybe we could do some dungeon crawling together

btw does everyone have a strong hate for that 'lil bill' boss from the lost expedition pack. or is it just me.

i just run in with mana sheild on thinking its just a bunch of little yetis and bam!!!! K.O

i know it says lil bill over his head but its in white font and hardly noticeable.

anyways.... gone a bit off topic. just wanted to throw the question out there :P
    Yes I hate him. Unbalanced for the first level of Lost Expedition :P

I just pwned him with 2 birdy archers. I had to res each of them during the fight lol.
    Last edited by Pixxie; 04-21-2010 at 03:51 AM.
    Legends Guild
    Pixxie - 30 Enchantress - Battlemage / Paladin - 62 DPS, 65 Armor
    SirLagsaLot - 28 Archer (70 dps and rising..!)
    Pacifus - 25 Warrior (currently shelved)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

We named this build Paladin pixxie!

And seriously this is the best it gets for a mage imo atm due to the ridiculously high amor rating. Keep in mind though that int does provide crit... which i wasn't aware of before a day ago.

And btw people.. i'm going to have to make a new post for this... but seriously, start using the debuffs. They are so much better than the buffs. and yes... the debuffs are AOE.

p.s. my warrior can already solo lost expedition in its entirety.. and my character is level 27 with a "testing" build atm.. dont even have evasion.... so i don't expect to be coming back to my 30 enchantress till i trade comes out and i start swapping around all my legendary items.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

this is bit off topic but how do i become a member of this legends guild ive been seing in everyones sig?

its the only guild ive seen so far and i want in :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Come to the Legends website:

http://theappradar.com/index.php

There will be a chat window which appears and auto-assigns you a name. Click on your name in the list and change it to whatever you want. Then just register in the forums and you're in! We'd love to have you

Reaper is the GM btw.
    Legends Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice Build! I have meet u today's morning =) real paladin)
    How capture the screenshots? i would submit my char)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome build pixie, I love it!
    -Diaper-
    [30 Enchanter]
    LEGENDS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingcookie View Post
    The hardest part on iphone is finding an image rotating app that doesn't kill quality in the process - and i haven't found one yet (i spent over 5€ looking for one but even the ones saying that they don't degrade the pictures do ...), as far as uploading pictured go, imgur mobile is a good app (gives direct links...)
    I downloaded Photobucket for my iPad and iPhone. I then used my computer to log into photobucket.com. I was then able to rotate the images without any loss of picture quality. I have not found a way to rotate on either mobile device. I hope this helps, as this service is completely free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Talekz View Post
    Nice Build! I have meet u today's morning =) real paladin)
    How capture the screenshots? i would submit my char)
    Hit and hold the top power button, and also the home button together. This will take a screenshot saved to your images. If done correctly you should see the screen blink a faded white.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nice work Pixxie
    Goregrind - Warrior - Alterra
    Venom Guild
    http://venom.forumn.net/index.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's a very nice account. Keep it up !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also looked at this build as soon as STR became the new DEX, however, I can't wait for the Nurf bat to come and HIT the classes hard again, I do not believe that Enchantresses should be running around in Plate Armor equipped with a sword and board. It goes against everything traditional classes are made up. If there were a more diverse number of playable classes I could digest seeing a battle mage or whatever, but with only have 3 classes I believe that having this type of a class is not good. I love the build and you certainly made this build well for the parameters of the class.

I look to the devs for good judgement to steer the classes in the right direction, and letting any class wear and use anything is not the direction any successful MMO has ever gone.

Please do not read in-between the lines here, I am not saying your a bad person for making this build, I just want to voice my opinions on this being possible in the game. Great job on the build.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't get why the devs don't just make every item class specific, and stat requiring! Staff of poop, 1-2 damage, 0 dps, m/s 300, class: enchantress. Why not?!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    I also looked at this build as soon as STR became the new DEX, however, I can't wait for the Nurf bat to come and HIT the classes hard again, I do not believe that Enchantresses should be running around in Plate Armor equipped with a sword and board. It goes against everything traditional classes are made up. If there were a more diverse number of playable classes I could digest seeing a battle mage or whatever, but with only have 3 classes I believe that having this type of a class is not good. I love the build and you certainly made this build well for the parameters of the class.

I look to the devs for good judgement to steer the classes in the right direction, and letting any class wear and use anything is not the direction any successful MMO has ever gone.

Please do not read in-between the lines here, I am not saying your a bad person for making this build, I just want to voice my opinions on this being possible in the game. Great job on the build.
    Duly noted. Thanks for the constructive feedback Xanthia.

In a sense I agree with you. With such a limited number of classes, to make builds like this can "break" a bit the play style. However.. I am an endgamer, and to keep my interest and $$ it behooves the game developers to leave such customization open. If not... if there were simply Tank, DPS, and Heal class roles.. sadly I would quit.

In a sense... I'm glad to "break" the game to help the devs steer things in the right direction. They need such pioneering to make the critical choices about their game functionality.

At the same time, I love experimenting, and with each nerf I will try to create a new, funny, unique build.
    Legends Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just told my friend to hit this up and try it out, he just hit lvl 30, has all recomended armour, including sword which he got from a drop, and he is loving it so far, i'll give ya more when I hear from him.
    I just started another class, I have a 30 archer, now lvling up my enchantress for this.
    I hate the automatic inject on skills like when you first unlock them, or else I wouldn't wanna re roll, but whatever.
    Nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pixxie View Post
    If they do, that will be the end for me... And I'm a dedicated customer.. Already dropped around $20 on this game. IMO, you should be able to put together a "deficit" build like this in such an MMO. It's customization that makes these games shine.

I posted the build here because I find it so much fun that I'd like others to enjoy.. if I wanted to be selfish I could have kept it to myself and hoped that my little activity went unnoticed.. by posting it I know it runs the risk of an admin read and subsequent nerf.

BUT:

I give the game developers credit.. if they see a true imbalance they should try their best to fix it. This however is not an imbalance, as previously explained, and really requires no fix.
    look at diablo 2, sorc can wear all sorts of barbarian mail and use 2h swords and that kinda crap, so why shouldnt we be able to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This game is new. Those who constantly keep posting something along the lines of "mages = staves + wands!", let's just keep it down. This new style of mage is great; I just made a new one and played on it (you've converted me :P) and I found it to be fun! That's what I'm in it for, at least.

AoE spells, healing with warrior armor is awesome. But I was wondering, if we're not completely going for max DPS possible with this build, would there be a large difference in DPS when two mages, compared to each other (both using this str build, mage 1 having str + dex while mage 2 has str + int)? Because the M/S from the int, alongside it being crit for enchantresses and a bit of hit % as well, wouldn't it just be SIMPLER (simpler, not better, necessarily) to be str + int? Asking, I'm curious, I really don't know whether dex = DPS or int = DPS, just started this game a week or so ago and lurked the forums xD

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by LordRaid; 04-23-2010 at 01:36 AM.
    Vigor - Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by LordRaid View Post
    This game is new. Those who constantly keep posting something along the lines of "mages = staves + wands!", let's just keep it down. This new style of mage is great; I just made a new one and played on it (you've converted me :P) and I found it to be fun! That's what I'm in it for, at least.

AoE spells, healing with warrior armor is awesome. But I was wondering, if we're not completely going for max DPS possible with this build, would there be a large difference in DPS when two mages, compared to each other (both using this str build, mage 1 having str + dex while mage 2 has str + int)? Because the M/S from the int, alongside it being crit for enchantresses and a bit of hit % as well, wouldn't it just be SIMPLER (simpler, not better, necessarily) to be str + int? Asking, I'm curious, I really don't know whether dex = DPS or int = DPS, just started this game a week or so ago and lurked the forums xD

Thanks in advance.
    Good questions. It comes down to preference.

INT will increase DPS as well, but I haven't tried pumping INT as the 2ndary stat, so I couldn't give you the "difference" in DPS.

DEX, however, also boosts HIT, CRIT, and DODGE. Quite important since I'm slashing my flamer around and all up in the faces of the enemies.
    Legends Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did a Battlemage for a while but recently switched to the "Arch-Mage" - all Dex, leather, bow. Standard skill set. It's a ton of fun! I hope the developers focus on cool new content instead of nerfing player creativity.