Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I HATE Pisces Daggers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Read View Post
    This post is delightful to see. It is nice to know that their is a team actively looking into fixing actual in game issues with classes. So that all classes can be equally fun to play with.
    Its been way too long since release to be praising them for fixing their badly designed items lmao.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchback For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

It's literally since day 1 that all.of us ask for fixing/improving both weapons and seems always devs come out of darkness realizing maybe they should do something after a trillion year lol i will never ever understand their mo. Like in event: day one, drops rain; day2, desert lol nice balance as usual

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,502 Posts

Looked into this, but probably need more information since I am not able to reproduce the problem. I am able to proc Pisces based on how I see the data for the weapon is set up. Per charge, there's a 35% chance to proc if there isn't a weapon proc cooldown (15s) in progress. I do feel like 3 out of 10 times I can successfully proc Pisces.

Maybe what I need to do is make the weapon proc cooldown timer temporarily visible with a hud icon so we can at least see if the weapon proc cooldown timer is what's preventing you from proc'ing.

Then again, I'm only using Pisces during my testing so your weapon usage setup may be different than mine.

-ALS

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

The issue is the time it takes to proc. When we were doing temple lb, in worst cases, the dagger never proc even after the full wave is over (like 60s). If you take mage staff, it procs within 10s. Please do look into it.

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Either you have to increase the proc rate for every unsuccessful charge or allow charged skills to also have a chance to proc the weapon. I prefer the first option since it makes sure that we can proc the weapon within 4 or 5 charges.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Looked into this, but probably need more information since I am not able to reproduce the problem. I am able to proc Pisces based on how I see the data for the weapon is set up. Per charge, there's a 35% chance to proc if there isn't a weapon proc cooldown (15s) in progress. I do feel like 3 out of 10 times I can successfully proc Pisces.

Maybe what I need to do is make the weapon proc cooldown timer temporarily visible with a hud icon so we can at least see if the weapon proc cooldown timer is what's preventing you from proc'ing.

Then again, I'm only using Pisces during my testing so your weapon usage setup may be different than mine.

-ALS
    proc cd of pisces is same as proc cd of aquarius and nepta/pola? why it is so hard to proc but aqua and pola is not? i experience it too 5x-10x not able to proc it is ok for that if we have skill shield like warior and mage but sometime trying to proc this pisces make us die in an instant. the same problem with zodias spirit dagger reflect is a proc of a tanker but make the mobs hit us is a gamble to die 90% chance.

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #47
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,502 Posts

Appreciate the feedback, but I'm guessing you didn't read a single thing I wrote. I know what the issue is, the weapon isn't proc'ing when you think it should, but in my tests it does (33% of the time I use charges, or roughly every 15 seconds).

Telling me how I should "fix" it does nothing -- I'll know how to fix it once I find the problem. I need to be able to reproduce the problem first.

What I've decided to do is add a visible weapon proc cooldown hud icon. When this icon is visible, it means your weapon will not proc. The number inside the icon represents the cooldown duration. I currently see this when I successfully proc, but maybe something else is modifying the weapon proc cooldown timer. This will be available in tomorrow's Labyrinth update.

-ALS

Name:  proc_cooldown_weapon.png
Views: 169
Size:  65.9 KB

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

ok that will help a lot too. I'll do some test runs to see if it the timer starts for a unsuccessful charge or some other case. Thanks for looking into it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Appreciate the feedback, but I'm guessing you didn't read a single thing I wrote. I know what the issue is, the weapon isn't proc'ing when you think it should, but in my tests it does (33% of the time I use charges, or roughly every 15 seconds).

Telling me how I should "fix" it does nothing -- I'll know how to fix it once I find the problem. I need to be able to reproduce the problem first.

What I've decided to do is add a visible weapon proc cooldown hud icon. When this icon is visible, it means your weapon will not proc. The number inside the icon represents the cooldown duration. I currently see this when I successfully proc, but maybe something else is modifying the weapon proc cooldown timer. This will be available in tomorrow's Labyrinth update.

-ALS

Name:  proc_cooldown_weapon.png
Views: 169
Size:  65.9 KB
    They are complaining because pisces takes time to proc and isn't instant like Aquaris. Basically.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's the gist of the whole thread. The concept of charged attacks to proc will always take time compared to a basic/skill based attack to proc. I think it is the same case for polaris too. I'm sure nothing can be done to stop their complaints.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

The problem, again is the randomness.
    @Asommers
    If you try to run solo evg for example,
    You will see that indeed in most waves you will proc during the first 3 charged attacks.
    But 1/10 times, you will not proc untill after the 7th-8th charged attacks.

And this is the problem.
    Frustrating since ur life & score depends on it, and there is nothing you can do.

Rogue Temple LB / EVG LB is about who is getting unlucky / lucky, while mage LB for example is all about gears / skill, since there is no way a mage will not proc their gears instantly.

All we are asking for, is to make sure the weapon proc wont take MORE than 4-5 charged attacks.

We dont ask to proc it on the first time 100% of the time, just asking to avoid the long streches that happen sometimes.
    5 charged attacks is a long time where you get close and personal to ur enemies, if that will be the maximum possible attacks we need to do, it will solve it I believe.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Synergia For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

For me the problem is exactly the time of cool down. That should be reduced. It's way too long for a paper toon as rogue. We don't have skills that help us survive beside razor that only reduce damage so that long cd is deadly for us. This is the problem

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Synergia View Post
    The problem, again is the randomness.
    @Asommers
    If you try to run solo evg for example,
    You will see that indeed in most waves you will proc during the first 3 charged attacks.
    But 1/10 times, you will not proc untill after the 7th-8th charged attacks.

And this is the problem.
    Frustrating since ur life & score depends on it, and there is nothing you can do.

Rogue Temple LB / EVG LB is about who is getting unlucky / lucky, while mage LB for example is all about gears / skill, since there is no way a mage will not proc their gears instantly.

All we are asking for, is to make sure the weapon proc wont take MORE than 4-5 charged attacks.

We dont ask to proc it on the first time 100% of the time, just asking to avoid the long streches that happen sometimes.
    5 charged attacks is a long time where you get close and personal to ur enemies, if that will be the maximum possible attacks we need to do, it will solve it I believe.
    The reason i made this thread is because it took me 12 times to proc this stupid weapon in one of the waves and if it proced earlier this whole thread probably would not existed lol

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,502 Posts

The cooldown time could be an separate issue, but that's not what OP claimed. A proc'less run of 12 charges w/ a 35% chance per charge is not likely (not saying it didn't happen), and there was even another anecdote of 37 charges with no proc, so something else may be blocking it. The only other thing that can block a weapon proc besides the chance is the weapon proc cooldown timer. For a little while, this will be temporarily visible so we can figure this out.

Roll a die 12 times, how likely is not getting a 1 or 2 in the entire run? Even with the random chance, after 12 rolls, you should still statistically 1 or 2 several times.

Help me help you.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

I think the 37 times claim is fake
    However I had times where it took 8-10 times fully charged attacks on EVG waves, so I imagine 12 times can happen. Rarely but can.

Just try it urself, in evg.
    If you try to proc it on everywave you will too have these waves where you get to the 8th time or more almost every run you would have these waves which effects ur score.

I truly understand what you are saying @Asommers but don't forget that when people use it in Temple / EVG / EZG chance you are talking about is not happening everytime.
    what I am saying by that is
    Player 1: failed to proc after 8 times and died at wave 30
    Player 2: Failed to proc after 8 times and died at wave 70
    let's say prior to the deaths they all proced at first 5 times as it should be.

both of them has done the same exact thing, with same gears.
    so why player 2 gets the better score?

I hope you understand my explaination

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,502 Posts

The weapon proc cooldown timer visibility change just went out, so you can test it now and give me feedback as to what you see. Pay particularly close attention to the number inside the box as well. If it's 15 and you just proc'ed, it's most likely the Pisces itself blocking the proc, but if it's not 15, that means it's something else.

-ALS

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

You guys gave two weapons to rouge, bow(marianos) and dagger(pisces). Both the weapons needed charging to bring out it's potential. But for the other classes, only one weapon required charge(hyperos and polaris).
    I don't even want to compare rouge with other classes. But dagger is the main weapon most of us prefer the most. I still think charging is the problem here and randomness of a charged weapon.
    eg) If you are lucky enough, marianos can help you reach infested lb

But since you mentioned that the problem might be in weapon cooldown timer. I'll work on running with it and tell you if there is any issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

the 1st buffs icon now is useless, this cd proc timer much better and give usefull icon to use thanks @asommers but 15 sec cd is not good for hard procking pisces maybe you change it at least 10-13 sec its good for hard to proc weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tailwarrior View Post
    You guys gave two weapons to rouge, bow(marianos) and dagger(pisces). Both the weapons needed charging to bring out it's potential. But for the other classes, only one weapon required charge(hyperos and polaris).
    I don't even want to compare rouge with other classes. But dagger is the main weapon most of us prefer the most. I still think charging is the problem here and randomness of a charged weapon.
    eg) If you are lucky enough, marianos can help you reach infested lb

But since you mentioned that the problem might be in weapon cooldown timer. I'll work on running with it and tell you if there is any issue.

Warriors also have two weapons in which they need to attack to proc the weapon.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

sts bring back the warior class to tank class only op damage on mobs only and make their weapons same as proc as pisces, and exchange the rage ulti (x5 dex)to ultimate aim (hammer) of rogue so we feel the arc 81 helm usefull for rogues.😁😁😁