Thread: Shield Cast

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Shield Cast

As a mage I’d say 60% of my deaths happens between the time my shield goes on CD before it actually works. PSA @sts

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Give this man more haste awakes!

Gesendet von meinem PRA-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Default Shield Cast

No he means the second he puts his finger off shield the deploytime is like 1 sec and in that sec he dies

But I would also take the haste

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orderly View Post
    As a mage I’d say 60% of my deaths happens between the time my shield goes on CD before it actually works. PSA @sts
    learn about frame data then apply it to the game.

mage shield has a long startup animation before it actually becomes active.

when your button is registered it takes around 815ms for the shield animation to be visually seen. it takes another 33ms for the buff icon representing the shield to appear. so together its around 848ms

at 60fps 1000ms = 1sec so it basically takes 1sec for the shield to be applied.

you also have to account for your ping. because your input has to travel to the server and the server has to ping back to the client what you see on your screen.

you also have to account for the time it takes for your finger to be lifted away from the screen.

there's more hidden factors too these are just 2.

so your shield can be taking any where between 1200ms to 2200ms depending on those factors.
    2200ms includes the time it takes to charge the skill.
    the time it takes to fully charge a skill is around 745ms + the hidden factors also apply. every frame of animation you see in the game has to be sent to the server then the server predicts and pings it back to the client aka your game aka what your see visually on your screen.

my data on this isn't 100% correct but im close enough so take what i say with a grain of salt. to the devs correct me if im wrong.

so this was never adjusted the games frame data is still adjusted to the 2013 version of the game. back then damage was a lot lower and less oppressive

you're supposed to preemptively use charged shield before entering a situation. if you use shield while in a situation and warrior did not preemptively heal or you didnt use glow aa preemptively. there is a high probability youll die. because you have to preemptively do certian things in this game.

for the record glow aa has a long startup animation before the shield is actually applied. the data for glow aa is there.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...vs-mep-aa-data

from another perspective the game wants you to favor holding shield fully charged in situations and at the right moment you're suppose to let go. but if you get 1 shot well... when was the point you had to let go? but if your supposed to preemptively use shield then.... yeah...... a easy fix for this is just not to think about it and haste doesn't solve this issue.

the charge mechanic should be removed from the game. its actually a terrible system. i actually wrote a whole thing on charge and the issues with it.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...e-mechanic-pvp

take care

P.O.G

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Potofgreed For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post

when your button is registered it takes around 815ms for the shield animation to be visually seen. it takes another 33ms for the buff icon representing the shield to appear. so together its around 848ms

you also have to account for your ping. because your input has to travel to the server and the server has to ping back to the client what you see on your screen.

you also have to account for the time it takes for your finger to be lifted away from the screen.

so your shield can be taking any where between 1200ms to 2200ms depending on those factors.
    the time it takes to fully charge a skill is around 745ms + the hidden factors also apply. every frame of animation you see in the game has to be sent to the server then the server predicts and pings it back to the client aka your game aka what your see visually on your screen.

my data on this isn't 100% correct but im close enough so take what i say with a grain of salt. to the devs correct me if im wrong.

so this was never adjusted the games frame data is still adjusted to the 2013 version of the game. back then damage was a lot lower and less oppressive

you're supposed to preemptively use charged shield before entering a situation. if you use shield while in a situation and warrior did not preemptively heal or you didnt use glow aa preemptively. there is a high probability youll die. because you have to preemptively do certian things in this game.

for the record glow aa has a long startup animation before the shield is actually applied. the data for glow aa is there.

from another perspective the game wants you to favor holding shield fully charged in situations and at the right moment you're suppose to let go. but if you get 1 shot well... when was the point you had to let go? but if your supposed to preemptively use shield then.... yeah...... a easy fix for this is just not to think about it and haste doesn't solve this issue.

the charge mechanic should be removed from the game. its actually a terrible system. i actually wrote a whole thing on charge and the issues with it.

take care

P.O.G

Great response, thank you.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

take care

P.O.G

Removing the charge mechanism, gud jk bud. So basically u say we shouldn't be able to interrupt casts inline?
    No casts in a mmorpg... Made my day

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

BTW! I hope we get an opponent cast bar which is pop up over his head by cast so we can interrupt inline precise as possible

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshox View Post
    Removing the charge mechanism, gud jk bud. So basically u say we shouldn't be able to interrupt casts inline?
    No casts in a mmorpg... Made my day

... the startup animation is the cast time that is the only time you can interrupt a skill which causes it to fail. this means there skill was interrupted and the skill will be on cooldown.

if you stun someone while charging you interrupted the charge this means they can charge the skill again.

arcane legends is a mmoArpg.

youtube
    path of exile
    diablo 1,2, and 3
    last epoch
    and grim dawn.
    if anything arcane legends fits these style of games.

mmorpgs are like

everquest
    world of warcraft
    guild wars 1 and 2
    new world
    order and chaos 1 and 2

i keep having to repeat this like a broken record but people think they're the same lol. mmo rpgs and mmo Arpgs are 2 different style games . Arpgs typically have more customization when it comes to gear. like you craft your gear from the ground up. like you find a base and craft on it untill it gets insane. you also can keep rolling modifiers on gear aka awaken gems. mmorpgs have fixed gear, gems, and etc you cant craft gear from the ground up everything is fixed.

with that being said mmoArpgs have fixed items that cant be crafted on too.

getting to the point

the average human reaction time is 250ms

almost all the frame data in the game is slow. it was meant to be reactable with a hint of RNG. but i dont mind things being unreactable btw. but problems arise when nothing in the game can solve it.

and arcane legends doesn't have spells or any type of spell damage.
    i refer to the most common damage types as

your toons basic attack damage
    pet,monsters,bosses auto attack damage
    your toons skill damage
    pet,monsters, bosses skill damage
    and dot damage can be counted as your toon skill damage or other.

monsters also have reflect, shields heals and etc.

on the topic of interrupting a skill if you charge a skill and let go. there is no way i can interrupt that skill because my skill is to slow.

if we both charge and let go of our skills at the same exact time. who ever has better screen refresh rate, stable net, and is closer to the server. that players skill will have priority. so i highly doubt youll interrupt the other players skill. because the other players skill become active slower.

if both players are using the same exact skill and the hidden factors are completely the same. you guys will stun each other at the sametime.

in the case of pets like breeze, shade, first, and yowies passives attacks for example. i think yowies ice block counts as a stun. devs correct me if im wrong.

if youre getting hit by all these pet passives there is a higher probability that your skill will fail.

if you charge youll get stunned out of your charge. if you're actually able to charge and release. during that startup animation is where your skill can potentially fail. this is because your being stunned before your skill actually becomes active.

so yeah the universal charge mechanic is bad because it limits the system and the mechanic it self was just thrown together. rushed. it actually makes 0 sense . but if it aint broke dont fix it.

so yeah you made my day and i highly suggest you read what i wrote about charge in my previous post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

You can use the Gale Force skill. If you put Mastery +5 on it, it gives immunity and protection similar to Shield.
    Something weaker. Although it takes away a skill. You should also delete some points so you don't go flying when charge it, and things like that.
    Anyway it is very useful. I used to use it on a hc and alternate between Shield and Gale Force. And I didn't die... xD

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

... the startup animation is the cast time that is the only time you can interrupt a skill which causes it to fail. this means there skill was interrupted and the skill will be on cooldown.

if you stun someone while charging you interrupted the charge this means they can charge the skill again.

arcane legends is a mmoArpg.

youtube
    path of exile
    diablo 1,2, and 3
    last epoch
    and grim dawn.
    if anything arcane legends fits these style of games.

mmorpgs are like

everquest
    world of warcraft
    guild wars 1 and 2
    new world
    order and chaos 1 and 2

i keep having to repeat this like a broken record but people think they're the same lol. mmo rpgs and mmo Arpgs are 2 different style games . Arpgs typically have more customization when it comes to gear. like you craft your gear from the ground up. like you find a base and craft on it untill it gets insane. you also can keep rolling modifiers on gear aka awaken gems. mmorpgs have fixed gear, gems, and etc you cant craft gear from the ground up everything is fixed.

with that being said mmoArpgs have fixed items that cant be crafted on too.

getting to the point

the average human reaction time is 250ms

almost all the frame data in the game is slow. it was meant to be reactable with a hint of RNG. but i dont mind things being unreactable btw. but problems arise when nothing in the game can solve it.

and arcane legends doesn't have spells or any type of spell damage.
    i refer to the most common damage types as

your toons basic attack damage
    pet,monsters,bosses auto attack damage
    your toons skill damage
    pet,monsters, bosses skill damage
    and dot damage can be counted as your toon skill damage or other.

monsters also have reflect, shields heals and etc.

on the topic of interrupting a skill if you charge a skill and let go. there is no way i can interrupt that skill because my skill is to slow.

if we both charge and let go of our skills at the same exact time. who ever has better screen refresh rate, stable net, and is closer to the server. that players skill will have priority. so i highly doubt youll interrupt the other players skill. because the other players skill become active slower.

if both players are using the same exact skill and the hidden factors are completely the same. you guys will stun each other at the sametime.

in the case of pets like breeze, shade, first, and yowies passives attacks for example. i think yowies ice block counts as a stun. devs correct me if im wrong.

if youre getting hit by all these pet passives there is a higher probability that your skill will fail.

if you charge youll get stunned out of your charge. if you're actually able to charge and release. during that startup animation is where your skill can potentially fail. this is because your being stunned before your skill actually becomes active.

so yeah the universal charge mechanic is bad because it limits the system and the mechanic it self was just thrown together. rushed. it actually makes 0 sense . but if it aint broke dont fix it.

so yeah you made my day and i highly suggest you read what i wrote about charge in my previous post.
    Do u think I'll change my mind