Thread: No More Bringing Back Items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default No More Bringing Back Items

Hey Cinco!
    With an event around the corner (Halloween), can we get brand new items? I ask this because every year there's an event, players request "forgotten vanity" pieces. When players do this, it narrows expansion for new vanity that we have never seen before. How are we supposed to grow as a community if we are displayed with the same vanity pieces repeatedly? I know I am not the only one who feels this way. Bringing back items has made many players quit, some of whom were my friends. Plat-purchased items, whether they were limited quantities or not that were offered once are "editions" for a reason. Constant returns of items from the past make the game lose authenticity; those who have collected expensive items over time have worked for them. So, for people to request old items back for plat and have them offered for gold is a slap in the face to those who like I said before, worked hard for their stuff. People who have expensive items shouldn't have to suffer just because majority of the community wishes they had the same items. For anyone who says the game is pay to win, either buy plat items in the future, or don't buy anything at all. For those who say that this game should be "equal to all", give newbies or each other gold if the "imbalance" bothers y'all so much.

I know this thread might ruffle some feathers, but I said what I said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Panda19 View Post
    Hey Cinco!
    With an event around the corner (Halloween), can we get brand new items? I ask this because every year there's an event, players request "forgotten vanity" pieces. When players do this, it narrows expansion for new vanity that we have never seen before. How are we supposed to grow as a community if we are displayed with the same vanity pieces repeatedly? I know I am not the only one who feels this way. Bringing back items has made many players quit, some of whom were my friends. Plat-purchased items, whether they were limited quantities or not that were offered once are "editions" for a reason. Constant returns of items from the past make the game lose authenticity; those who have collected expensive items over time have worked for them. So, for people to request old items back for plat and have them offered for gold is a slap in the face to those who like I said before, worked hard for their stuff. People who have expensive items shouldn't have to suffer just because majority of the community wishes they had the same items. For anyone who says the game is pay to win, either buy plat items in the future, or don't buy anything at all. For those who say that this game should be "equal to all", give newbies or each other gold if the "imbalance" bothers y'all so much.

It's NOT a slap in the face. It makes lots of sense to bring back old items and vanities.
    The Devs can have extra income off of players that would like tradeables or collectibles, merching, or just having in general.

I started DL a couple years ago and I thoroughly enjoy playing- killing mini bosses, doing events, buying Plat, and collecting sets for AP and titles. Many do this.

Players old and new deserve a chance to have those items either farming or purchasing Plat to get a chance at grabbing in limited offers.
    Right now rare items are either not tradeable or hard to find, or Billions of gold, or people hoard and don't want to sell which is fine because that is their choice. Though for those of us that want them It's a matter of supply and demand.
    It still doesn't negate the fact that the rare items are always going to be in demand and will be top profit for devs which they need their bread and butter too.

I embrace the new vanities and get excited for them. Also, using common sense says that it takes time to create and plug in the effects, and stats of new items. So being patient is hard but the majority of us know that creating isn't done overnight.

It should be equal to everyone in DL who wants a chance to have the items. Old veteran players of DL say they are leaving because of X and Y but most come back. If they want to get upset because they think they should be the only ones to have rare items then that's not a good attitude.
    I understand they worked hard for it and earned it but can't we all at some point?

Locking items seems pretty harsh for all players not just veteran players. I think what DL is doing is good by releasing rare items that are brought back and limiting items for Plat, as well as offering special sets and items for Plat too.

I understand we all want to flex after our hard work, but really halting the release of items isn't the answer... WE ALL want a chance and if we get chances to obtain it by Plat then thank you to Devs and game on for us players.

Also 'give newbies or each other gold if the imbalance bothers ya'll so much'
    As you know no one wants to give out gold and thanks for acknowledging there is a gold imbalance because it is true. Seen people bragging about having 20+billion. Also, have you seen item prices in vendor store??? Inflation for items that don't offer stats or are common items or vanities being priced sky-high.
    There are beggars in the game we all put up with from time to time and no one is going to give out gold or items to those that don't want to help themselves.
    Why don't you try giving gold or helping players? I have and sometimes I waste my time and effort doing so when they quit or it's an alt account of a veteran player created specifically to beg others and turn around and merch it and repeat. That does happen.

I'm going to continue to play and also do what I must for those old and rare items.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxySG For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxySG View Post
    It's NOT a slap in the face. It makes lots of sense to bring back old items and vanities.
    The Devs can have extra income off of players that would like tradeables or collectibles, merching, or just having in general.

I started DL a couple years ago and I thoroughly enjoy playing- killing mini bosses, doing events, buying Plat, and collecting sets for AP and titles. Many do this.

Players old and new deserve a chance to have those items either farming or purchasing Plat to get a chance at grabbing in limited offers.
    Right now rare items are either not tradeable or hard to find, or Billions of gold, or people hoard and don't want to sell which is fine because that is their choice. Though for those of us that want them It's a matter of supply and demand.
    It still doesn't negate the fact that the rare items are always going to be in demand and will be top profit for devs which they need their bread and butter too.

I embrace the new vanities and get excited for them. Also, using common sense says that it takes time to create and plug in the effects, and stats of new items. So being patient is hard but the majority of us know that creating isn't done overnight.

It should be equal to everyone in DL who wants a chance to have the items. Old veteran players of DL say they are leaving because of X and Y but most come back. If they want to get upset because they think they should be the only ones to have rare items then that's not a good attitude.
    I understand they worked hard for it and earned it but can't we all at some point?

Locking items seems pretty harsh for all players not just veteran players. I think what DL is doing is good by releasing rare items that are brought back and limiting items for Plat, as well as offering special sets and items for Plat too.

I understand we all want to flex after our hard work, but really halting the release of items isn't the answer... WE ALL want a chance and if we get chances to obtain it by Plat then thank you to Devs and game on for us players.

Also 'give newbies or each other gold if the imbalance bothers ya'll so much'
    As you know no one wants to give out gold and thanks for acknowledging there is a gold imbalance because it is true. Seen people bragging about having 20+billion. Also, have you seen item prices in vendor store??? Inflation for items that don't offer stats or are common items or vanities being priced sky-high.
    There are beggars in the game we all put up with from time to time and no one is going to give out gold or items to those that don't want to help themselves.
    Why don't you try giving gold or helping players? I have and sometimes I waste my time and effort doing so when they quit or it's an alt account of a veteran player created specifically to beg others and turn around and merch it and repeat. That does happen.

I'm going to continue to play and also do what I must for those old and rare items.
    So because Cinco gave EVERYONE an opportunity to farm gold in a gold event a bit over a month ago, there's a gold imbalance? EVERYONE had a fair opportunity to attain gold. By the way, I've donated plenty of vanities and gold to new players as well, so acknowledging that was pointless. Also, with items being high due to "inflation", no one is forcing anyone to buy anything from auction. If someone wants to buy something that is "overpriced" in auction, that's on them. At the end of the day, people are gonna sell at whatever prices they want; you seriously don't have to buy. Play all you want, that's your choice; said what I said. Good day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

tho i partially agree to no bringing back items i also disagree to it maybe introduce new things while bringing back the old instead of asking such sh**** requests it would be better if u asked cinco to fix the gold system into

1 gold = 100 silvers = 1000 coppers
    1 silver = 100 copper coins
    1 copper = 1 copper coin

simple and yet easy if this is fixed everything else would be to for god sake panda -_-

everyone wants things and its best u learn how to give a proper answer if someone wants to buy it he should know the way but if that item is priced at 8 billion how do u except someone who just joined to gain it all this 8 billion and no bringing back things crap pushes away new players which kills the game its like your terminating all the tourists in a country ... so instead of asking for previous items to not come back how about you use ur brains in ways to fix the game which would be highly unlikely to work but its still a contribution

oh and.. i said what i had to say... Good day :3
    V Elite V Discord Server!
    !Click Here to Join!-----> https://discord.gg/hQHKx5cE47 <-----!Click Here to Join!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deusagor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

So because Cinco gave EVERYONE an opportunity to farm gold in a gold event a bit over a month ago, there's a gold imbalance? EVERYONE had a fair opportunity to attain gold. By the way, I've donated plenty of vanities and gold to new players as well, so acknowledging that was pointless. Also, with items being high due to "inflation", no one is forcing anyone to buy anything from auction. If someone wants to buy something that is "overpriced" in auction, that's on them. At the end of the day, people are gonna sell at whatever prices they want; you seriously don't have to buy. Play all you want, that's your choice; said what I said. Good day.
    There is a gold imbalance. You yourself acknowledged that in your original post. Every player knows right now there are at least 10 or more players sitting on over 5 billion + of gold throughout different accounts. Those players are buying pieces to complete multiple sets so they can sell it high during the next few events in order to profit. That's good on them however you'd have to be nuts not to see the disadvantage or the effects this puts on other players or players beginning DL.

The items are overpriced.
    So as an example we have Biomorph, Gargoyle Stone Armor, and Hunter pieces all priced at 60 Million or above. Those items are common and don't offer Stat boosts so it should be sold around 15mil or so. Why would any player want to pay 60mil or more for each 2,3,or 4 piece set? They wouldn't- or they may get worried the prices would be higher and be forced to buy it. Yes of course it's up to the player but there aren't good prices, many options, or lack of players to let go of complete pieces so that's the market. By the way those pieces I mentioned above were sold anywhere from 1mil to anywhere up to 8mill at the most a few months ago.

Heck, look at Ravagers price right now- 20 Billion Gold I seen the other day. You tell me how many players realistically have that much gold on them right now? It wouldn't be many.
    How is trade for that amount even possible without the risk of getting scammed? Couldn't say. You can hardly trust players these days.

I've donated items and gold to new or trusted players though few. I was replying to what you said....You need to read your original post. I was trying to address a few of the things you said.

Your right there was a Gold Farm Event. It was a good event, and very much appreciated. I'm
    not blaming devs for the DL economy. Players did have a chance to farm it.
    Realistically many players don't have more than a few hours per day to farm gold. You may say that's on them and you'd be right but you can't deny that not everyone got a chance to make lots of gold. Some never heard of the event or maybe had issues in real life that they couldn't participate.
    Those that were farming put in work to get as much as they did and that's good if they were doing it legitimately, of course they deserve it. You could get quite a bit per run with the right sets, pets and gold loot awakened gems if you had it.
    There is an embalance however big or small you see it- lots are are trying to wait it out or hope for affordable pricing and fingers crossed it works itself out in the future.

Bottom line don't be so quick to suggest wanting old items to be locked or unavailable for platinum purchases forever. Those of us that missed events or weren't here when DL first started or been with DL for over 5 years would like a chance to get old items. That's all we want is a chance.
    We didn't put in hard work farming it like you guys did but rest assured we will end up paying good for it with platinum.
    The old items are also staggered and released every so often so it isn't harming anything really.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GalaxySG For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hey Cinco!

I agree with getting new items, but I certainly do not agree of not returning old items permanently! I myself a old player, most of my items returned like 10-15x. But this is not the reason why vast majority quit the game. It is the absurd prices what made them quit. Truth to be told, we all know that there are group of people who are raising the prices on purpose, and these guys are well just sitting pretty at the club, thinking they own everyone and every items. Isn't funny that a certain items raised to 30-40b now?? Now don't blame the gold event for this, gold event has passed but there are some items which remained in a good price. Ngl gold event helped most of the players as well, only who are mad are the one who sits and raise the price. Not everyone has 30b, they are really raising the prices so that there will be gold cap, ofc this will benefits them, making the current price permanently. I say do not let them win. Yall blinded by the fact that these issue getting ignored for years, what's funny is these group of people are the one buying/selling items using real money via outside transaction and act so pro in game as if they farmed it.

They might go after me but tbh idc this is forums and I'm just stating facts! I hope gold cap won't be increased cuz that will be the end of every farmers and beginners. Returning items are just fair specially if the current prices are so high and not everyone willing to pay for that price.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Niceone For This Useful Post: