Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dear Techno Email.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Dear Techno Email.

You have mentioned that new exclusive and ultimate rings will come sooner or later. So, does rings overlap the bonuses of past elite lvl cap vanity items? Or else they will get both bonuses which makes the same situation like now. They would have both exclusive ring bonus and even elite vanity set bonus. U guys should consider that new people wont be able to compete with others in PvP because of some people's silly elite set cap bonus. They will quit this game as soon as they notice this unbelievable and unacceptable fact.
    So, tell me. Does rings overlap the bonus of elite cap vanity set or will they just give extra bonus? Depending to ur answer, more than half of current players might quit, or new half might join this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”
    ― Albert Einstein

-------AEO-------

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

So basically u r saying that half of the PL players will quit if future elite ring stacks with current elite vanity set? Only the bad endgame pvpers without elite cap vanities will quit. Stop that crying, I've seen plenty of good endgame pvpers without elite cap vanities. U r only convincing urself "if I had elite cap vanities, I would be SO much better". Face the fact, learn to pvp.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    Lol, Im too disappointed and concerned with the game im playing, therefore unable to respect dev so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    So basically u r saying that half of the PL players will quit if future elite ring stacks with current elite vanity set? Only the bad endgame pvpers without elite cap vanities will quit. Stop that crying, I've seen plenty of good endgame pvpers without elite cap vanities. U r only convincing urself "if I had elite cap vanities, I would be SO much better". Face the fact, learn to pvp.
    Well, I have no idea who u are and if u r in right position to tell anybody learn how to pvp. And, not only if the person who has elite vanity set is very very bad in pvp, otherwise it is almost impossible to win or beat them. Are u giving me an advice with trying harder and more than me? Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    And i see u r doubtful in half of current players quitting. Well, I agree that my statement was pretty over-powered. Still, I can see that many of my friends who had spent more than 10000 platinum currently, are complaining about the set they missed, and i anticipated they would not play active as they did in the past relying on the dev's decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Knowing STS, I'd say they'd make previous elite vanities 500 plat or something like that

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amilys View Post
    You have mentioned that new exclusive and ultimate rings will come sooner or later. So, does rings overlap the bonuses of past elite lvl cap vanity items? Or else they will get both bonuses which makes the same situation like now. They would have both exclusive ring bonus and even elite vanity set bonus. U guys should consider that new people wont be able to compete with others in PvP because of some people's silly elite set cap bonus. They will quit this game as soon as they notice this unbelievable and unacceptable fact.
    So, tell me. Does rings overlap the bonus of elite cap vanity set or will they just give extra bonus? Depending to ur answer, more than half of current players might quit, or new half might join this game.
    I'm flattered you took my post/theory of overlapping stats on elites and rings and made a new thread out of it :P Hope you get your answers (no sarcasm, I also want answers too :P) Good luck comrade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Blah, just take the stats off the past elite vanities in the next update and start giving out elite rings with stats & elite vanities with no stats (to attempt making vanities purely for vanity purposes again). Then in future campaigns make it so people can craft their rings into stronger ones by doing some quests (whoa, throwback to the OG CoP) or get the weaker ring if they haven't gotten it before, along with the new elite vanity for that campaign. This way, people can still get the same rings over time and people will still have their vanity to show off their LEETness.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Well if you cant beat em, join em. Oh, wait... you can't do that... Um... Fight or flight? Since fight isn't working out, I hope you're a bird... Seriously though, endgame is for those who have all the goodies. If you dont have all the goodies, find a level u can do good at without the goodies...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

There are other factors to be consider too, ping play part of how your timing of attack is, i easily loose to non vanity players too, which is there have far better ping than me (remember player of PL are from all over the globe so packet lost of ping will happen the further it travels), thanks to the vanity sets i could survive abit longer to fight, lets say full vanity sets are granted to every player who can afford to buy if it were on sale, still it will be unfair to those players who don't have the money to buy plats and also with players across the globe who's ping are far worst then those are have better ping near to host.
    Why not everyone brainstorm and come out with an idea that will help dev make something that is acceptable to everyone, im sure out there with millions of brains one will have the eureka to give an idea..........example the dragon vanity, elite weapon.
    Complaining and quiting game won't help or solve anything, come on give your best shot and use your power of imagination to make something that is only an imagination to a reality, won't hurt to try Post ur best idea lets us help dev to come out with something.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bglir For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bglir View Post
    There are other factors to be consider too, ping play part of how your timing of attack is, i easily loose to non vanity players too, which is there have far better ping than me (remember player of PL are from all over the globe so packet lost of ping will happen the further it travels), thanks to the vanity sets i could survive abit longer to fight, lets say full vanity sets are granted to every player who can afford to buy if it were on sale, still it will be unfair to those players who don't have the money to buy plats and also with players across the globe who's ping are far worst then those are have better ping near to host.
    Why not everyone brainstorm and come out with an idea that will help dev make something that is acceptable to everyone, im sure out there with millions of brains one will have the eureka to give an idea..........example the dragon vanity, elite weapon.
    Complaining and quiting game won't help or solve anything, come on give your best shot and use your power of imagination to make something that is only an imagination to a reality, won't hurt to try Post ur best idea lets us help dev to come out with something.
    Like a true diplomat, I agree :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Well, if half of the people will quit if they keep the stat bonus, won't half of the people quit of the stat bonus goes away? Oo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think you should start another thread about this just to make sure we cover all angles of the subject.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

STS shall release a 100,000 plat helm that adds +999 armor, +999 Dodge, +999 Crit and +999 damage.
    Last edited by 小孩子; 08-07-2012 at 06:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Noty, I earned my stats.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Well, I have no idea who u are and if u r in right position to tell anybody learn how to pvp. And, not only if the person who has elite vanity set is very very bad in pvp, otherwise it is almost impossible to win or beat them. Are u giving me an advice with trying harder and more than me? Lol.
    I am a member of Unity. Not saying I am one of the best endgame pvpers but I am sort of "above normal". I have two pieces of elite vanity set and I do get beaten occasionally by people without elite vanities and I can beat fellows with the full vanity set. I have battled some peeps without my vanities since they were complaining about it and I still win.

It's not about the vanities, it is about SKILL.

If u still struggle try to find a sort of 'mentor'. For an example, if u r a bad mage and u see a pro mage, ask that pro mage for advice. Not all are friendly but most endgame peeps do help a brotha out if u ask for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

If its not about vanity then why does everyone use it in pvp?

Not complaining but their will always be two sides of this agruement, those that have it and those that don't.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Techno is on vacation, and it will be awhile before we raise the cap again in PL. We'll be talking with the community about it beforehand.

Gonna lock this one up since it's a bit dramatic to infer that more than half the players will quit over something that you deem "unbelievable and unacceptable"

"*clickety-clack*
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: