Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should make clear with Past and Future elite lvl cap vanities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Should make clear with Past and Future elite lvl cap vanities

Yes, I know, many threads has discussed this problem, though I have nth organized in my head. Techno Mail has said future elite lvl cap vanities might not enhance the stats but only give special appearance. Well my point is that even 71 vanity item now doesnt look so great, and I wonder how nice apperance it will give in future. Also, many players, including me as well will quit spending like $50 dollars everytime to buy 800 plat for thrasher elixirs. So I want dev to make this problem clear and make specific plans. So, dev. Will u give bonus on stats or only enhance the appearance?(will the vanity items can actually enhance our appearance and satisfy us? We almost never agreed with their fasion and design, like volcoconut and previous lvl cap vanity) Please give me answer dev, and friends, tell me how u guys think. I think it is not fair for all the players if only first elite lvl cap vanity item set (CoP, MfA and nuri shield)gives bonuses in stats. Really not fair.
    Last edited by Justg; 08-06-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: less caps = less drama

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amilys For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Good lord. As posted multiple times, the new vanities will not add stats. They are vanities, not gear.

I do agree that it sucks that the last 3 caps gave stats, and even a set bonus, but it seems STS has moved in a new direction. I believe this it's because of all the whining that went on from the people who didn't get the old cap items. So now they do away with them, and everyone complains they can't get a couple stats.

I do wish they had told people as soon as they decided not to have added stats. I capped 2 toons because I thought the new cap would pair with the MFA. When it came out, and didn't, I said oh well and moved on.
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The new vanities will not give stats.

And yeah, it's not fair that the old vanity stats will always have that stat bonus. Nothing is ever going to be able to counter it. And devs, the set bonus DOES make a big difference. Techno Email mentioned having rings that give stats for future elite caps. So... People who already have the old vanity set bonus will start getting massive additional bonuses? I wish they would get rid of the vanity set's bonus and keep the sparkles. But, then again, the founder's helm and dragon set's give bonuses, so idk. What if they made dragon vanities much less rare so that more people had set bonuses to counter the old vanity set? Ofc. The vanity set would lose its purpose--rarity (as well as stats). So, what about a Humania version of the dragon set that dropped from Aych-tu-oh and was as common as elite weapons? (Stats would be slightly less than dragon vanity stats, so that owners of dragon vanity sets would still be satisfied.)

Unfortunately, they will never get rid of the old vanity set bonus... Because so many people would find it... Um. Hard to part with or live without, to say it nicely. For this reason, you will find this subject to be very touchy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

And when they remove my bonus I will leave this game so fast smoke will come off me.
    Name the time and day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

It's glad to hear that ONLY the old vanity sets will give stat bonus!!

Thanks STS

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

It's almost like a better founders:P
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

This why I play at low level and don't have to worry about high level noobish problems such as these. Only vanity bonus I have to worry about it +1 armor or a founders helm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

If I remember correctly, Techno Email asked who among us are willing to trade our elite vanities and the bonus stats that goes with it for "true vanity gears" and a "new ring" with better stat. Lots of people missed the question, but this is crucial because STS might be considering to replace past elite vanities (CoP, SoH, MFA) for new vanity gears + new/better ring. Though later on she mentioned that STS will not remove or alter existing elite cap vanities, the "question" was never recalled which means it's still under consideration. I can only guess that the new ring stat will overlap the bonus stat coming from past elite cap vanities, so either you wear your elite cap vanities for its bonus stat or you wear the new ring for its stat. I don't think the stat of the new ring will stack with the bonus stat of elite cap vanity (in fact, overlap) based on Techno Email's red herring when she posted her "question" to us, she was hinting that we will have to "choose" between the old and the new, the new rings may behave to negate the bonus stat from past vanities. This way, STS keeps their promise that they will not remove elite cap vanity stats from CoP,SoH, and MFA. In any case, the key word is adapt, let's see what happens :P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 08-06-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

I've said it before. A lot of people felt cheated and misled in rushing to the Mt. Fang Cap expecting to collect a stat-inducing vanity to use with the Humania vanity. STS did nothing to address the issue even though it was obvious people were expecting a stat-based bonus. They pushed elixirs and specials on the basis of getting the Mt. Fang Armour before it was too late, etc.

They can make a LOT of their most loyal customers happy by reinstating the stat bonus with the Mt Fang Armour plus Humania helm. At least now people have a fair warning that the next elite wont have stats and the feeling of being cheated will be addressed.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I agree that stat bonuses should be rings and vanities should be just for looks. That would work much better. I wish that my big luck helm was a big luck ring instead, then I could just wear it and not have to have the goofy clovers on my head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

As STS has already said. The future elite cap vanities won't give stats, but they might have a different "special ability". For example. They were thinking about having an elite level cap vanity that grants access to a secret dungeon. There is a thread about this and they want suggestions on what the elite caps vanities should give.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Ya, that would be great to have special abilities for hitting cap. On the other hand it sucks that only people with original vanity set will always have a upper hand on others with the new vanity's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

The answer is NO.
    I don't get why these threads keep getting made.
    All that comes from them is flame and hate.

I don't see why you guys expected a bonus with MFA.
    STS NEVER SAID that there would be a bonus of MFA with Monarch.
    It is your own fault to have false suspicions.
    When they told you to level up, and when they released that special 1/2 off Elixir deal, it was only advertising for the MFA itself.
    People are starting to get the elite vanities JUST for the stats.
    Consider the appearance people! And just, what, 3 weeks ago, people were complaining that the Volconut looked horrible?
    Besides, the MFA was way better than any other vanity armor released at that time. I'd say it would be worthy of being charged Plat to buy it.

This is EXACTLY like the Founders helm situation.
    Oh, but you can say that the little bonus from the Helm is minute compared to this huge boost from the Elite Vanities, correct?
    Well, it's pretty similar relatively.
    That so called little boost is a HUGE advantage for low level twinks. A single armor or point of crit can decide a match.
    You may see it as a little boost using it in endgame, but if we're comparing it in twink level 10 PvP, it is JUST as influential as the Elite Vanities in endgame.
    If it bothers you so much, just don't PvP if you cannot handle the difference.
    There will ALWAYS be upper hands and advantages, in every single game.
    I've played games where there are OP players who paid cash and upgraded weapons to +10 level. Each + increases the weapon's damage at an exponential increasing rate, and there is no easy way to get anything higher than +8 without cash upgrading.
    I don't have a Founder's for my L15 twink when I used it.
    I just quit the PvP there, since there was no point in ranting about it when I was clearly outgeared.
    Instead, I moved onto a more stable PvP, where Founder's didn't matter.

What you are thinking about is that the Elite Vanities will effect the whole game population.
    The bonus does not register until level 61, and 90% of all Twink PvP is found BELOW level 61.
    As with endgame, we currently have insanely OP stats on classes. Dodge on bears, critical/etc on mages, and birds are still decent in the play.
    I believe what Devs intend to do is OP out set gear until that elite vanity bonus isn't too influential, and just as "relatively small" as that Founder's Helm may seem to a level 71 rather than a level 10.

You have to understand that the elite vanities were originally achieved for appearance and glamor purposes, not for the stats. This only started happening when SoH came out, and even then, only the players with COP, who never expected any stat bonus, were able to receive the 2-piece bonus.
    Like I said, the best solution is the one where set gear becomes more dominant and then the elite vanities are less significant in the outcome of a PvP fight.
    People will wear the vanities for their look.
    Until then, we just have to bear with it
    Last edited by Whirlzap; 08-06-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

I love this topic. XD.

P.s. if I'm remembered for one thing in pocket legends PLEASE let it be the naming of the "volconut."

Thank you.
    gf.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkhardd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Entertaining View Post
    As STS has already said. The future elite cap vanities won't give stats, but they might have a different "special ability". For example. They were thinking about having an elite level cap vanity that grants access to a secret dungeon. There is a thread about this and they want suggestions on what the elite caps vanities should give.
    It seems as if this had already been done, seeing as how you have to be 71 to run the elite Humania map. I agree that this is a better option than having vanities give stats and bonuses. However (I've said this before and I'll say it again), I still feel strongly that all vanities should be treated the same, including past vanities. In other words, getting rid of the stat bonuses for CoP, shield, and Fang armor. Obviously, the people who have these would make a big stink and say they'll quit, etc., but it wouldn't be the first time STS has done something controversial and my bet is these people would get over it, because that's really the only fair way to do it.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thedream View Post
    Ya, that would be great to have special abilities for hitting cap. On the other hand it sucks that only people with original vanity set will always have a upper hand on others with the new vanity's.
    well, they earned them didn't they?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

I swear, these stats can be overcame with a certain degree of skill... It is a bit sad that the best gear goes to (generally) the most skilled players, but that's one of the few ways to reward those players.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Stinks new players who just joined us wont be able to get a lil bonus from new cap vanities, i guess new players just got to farm for dragon sets or spend 20m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think we should make a few more threads about this just to make sure we discuss every aspect of the issue.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:737862
    I think we should make a few more threads about this just to make sure we discuss every aspect of the issue.
    Start one up