Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    Start one up
    No.... please don't.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    The answer is NO.
    I don't get why these threads keep getting made.
    All that comes from them is flame and hate.

I don't see why you guys expected a bonus with MFA.
    STS NEVER SAID that there would be a bonus of MFA with Monarch.
    It is your own fault to have false suspicions.
    When they told you to level up, and when they released that special 1/2 off Elixir deal, it was only advertising for the MFA itself.
    People are starting to get the elite vanities JUST for the stats.
    Consider the appearance people! And just, what, 3 weeks ago, people were complaining that the Volconut looked horrible?
    Besides, the MFA was way better than any other vanity armor released at that time. I'd say it would be worthy of being charged Plat to buy it.

This is EXACTLY like the Founders helm situation.
    Oh, but you can say that the little bonus from the Helm is minute compared to this huge boost from the Elite Vanities, correct?
    Well, it's pretty similar relatively.
    That so called little boost is a HUGE advantage for low level twinks. A single armor or point of crit can decide a match.
    You may see it as a little boost using it in endgame, but if we're comparing it in twink level 10 PvP, it is JUST as influential as the Elite Vanities in endgame.
    If it bothers you so much, just don't PvP if you cannot handle the difference.
    There will ALWAYS be upper hands and advantages, in every single game.
    I've played games where there are OP players who paid cash and upgraded weapons to +10 level. Each + increases the weapon's damage at an exponential increasing rate, and there is no easy way to get anything higher than +8 without cash upgrading.
    I don't have a Founder's for my L15 twink when I used it.
    I just quit the PvP there, since there was no point in ranting about it when I was clearly outgeared.
    Instead, I moved onto a more stable PvP, where Founder's didn't matter.

What you are thinking about is that the Elite Vanities will effect the whole game population.
    The bonus does not register until level 61, and 90% of all Twink PvP is found BELOW level 61.
    As with endgame, we currently have insanely OP stats on classes. Dodge on bears, critical/etc on mages, and birds are still decent in the play.
    I believe what Devs intend to do is OP out set gear until that elite vanity bonus isn't too influential, and just as "relatively small" as that Founder's Helm may seem to a level 71 rather than a level 10.

You have to understand that the elite vanities were originally achieved for appearance and glamor purposes, not for the stats. This only started happening when SoH came out, and even then, only the players with COP, who never expected any stat bonus, were able to receive the 2-piece bonus.
    Like I said, the best solution is the one where set gear becomes more dominant and then the elite vanities are less significant in the outcome of a PvP fight.
    People will wear the vanities for their look.
    Until then, we just have to bear with it
    Well.... you might say that because u already have the set.. which is bery selfish. Dont u ever think of the poor new players who wont be anle to compete with others in pvp because of vanity sets? They would have to farm 20m or BUY an account ehich is illegal.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Amilys For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    The answer is NO.
    I don't get why these threads keep getting made.
    All that comes from them is flame and hate.

I don't see why you guys expected a bonus with MFA.
    STS NEVER SAID that there would be a bonus of MFA with Monarch.
    It is your own fault to have false suspicions.
    When they told you to level up, and when they released that special 1/2 off Elixir deal, it was only advertising for the MFA itself.
    People are starting to get the elite vanities JUST for the stats.
    Consider the appearance people! And just, what, 3 weeks ago, people were complaining that the Volconut looked horrible?
    Besides, the MFA was way better than any other vanity armor released at that time. I'd say it would be worthy of being charged Plat to buy it.

This is EXACTLY like the Founders helm situation.
    Oh, but you can say that the little bonus from the Helm is minute compared to this huge boost from the Elite Vanities, correct?
    Well, it's pretty similar relatively.
    That so called little boost is a HUGE advantage for low level twinks. A single armor or point of crit can decide a match.
    You may see it as a little boost using it in endgame, but if we're comparing it in twink level 10 PvP, it is JUST as influential as the Elite Vanities in endgame.
    If it bothers you so much, just don't PvP if you cannot handle the difference.
    There will ALWAYS be upper hands and advantages, in every single game.
    I've played games where there are OP players who paid cash and upgraded weapons to +10 level. Each + increases the weapon's damage at an exponential increasing rate, and there is no easy way to get anything higher than +8 without cash upgrading.
    I don't have a Founder's for my L15 twink when I used it.
    I just quit the PvP there, since there was no point in ranting about it when I was clearly outgeared.
    Instead, I moved onto a more stable PvP, where Founder's didn't matter.

What you are thinking about is that the Elite Vanities will effect the whole game population.
    The bonus does not register until level 61, and 90% of all Twink PvP is found BELOW level 61.
    As with endgame, we currently have insanely OP stats on classes. Dodge on bears, critical/etc on mages, and birds are still decent in the play.
    I believe what Devs intend to do is OP out set gear until that elite vanity bonus isn't too influential, and just as "relatively small" as that Founder's Helm may seem to a level 71 rather than a level 10.

You have to understand that the elite vanities were originally achieved for appearance and glamor purposes, not for the stats. This only started happening when SoH came out, and even then, only the players with COP, who never expected any stat bonus, were able to receive the 2-piece bonus.
    Like I said, the best solution is the one where set gear becomes more dominant and then the elite vanities are less significant in the outcome of a PvP fight.
    People will wear the vanities for their look.
    Until then, we just have to bear with it
    Plus, because past vanity items had stat bonus, it is very normal for people to think monarch and mfa will grant bonus in stats. Thinking they are piece of different sets is very bizzare. And STS should have announced that 71 vanity and mfa dont give bonus in stats if they were not trying to fool us and get a lot of $$.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Sts have solved the issue of vanity sets being advantage and those people who cannot afford a crafted sets or to noob in pvp longtime ago and people just don't know it, if you check it again there is a button call host and button of enforcment call boot, to make a game pvp or ctf to your standard use those both tools that sts have granted to everyone to make the game to your liking, and still this two buttons cannot solve your problem the last option is logoff button. Hopefully this helps and solve the issue of endless unfairness in pvp and ctf game.

Picture below is example of host making a game to his liking and go cutesy bunnies

Name:  capture_04.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  134.9 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I wrote an opinion in other thread about this. They should clear bonus for all vanity sets or no for just one new that will come in future. This will be not fair for all players.
    <Polish Legends Facebook>
    PL: Gibol, Gibolek, Gibolmag, Gibolol, Gibololo, GibolRanger
    AL: Gibol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    I've said it before. A lot of people felt cheated and misled in rushing to the Mt. Fang Cap expecting to collect a stat-inducing vanity to use with the Humania vanity. STS did nothing to address the issue even though it was obvious people were expecting a stat-based bonus. They pushed elixirs and specials on the basis of getting the Mt. Fang Armour before it was too late, etc.

They can make a LOT of their most loyal customers happy by reinstating the stat bonus with the Mt Fang Armour plus Humania helm. At least now people have a fair warning that the next elite wont have stats and the feeling of being cheated will be addressed.
    Yeah. I think the strangest thing about the company's stance is that they are actually discouraging their newest elite generation. For these new 'elite' players, L.66 was their first cap achievement and they were definitely looking forward to obtaining a set bonus (I know I was). And we are talking about a big number of players, since Fang cap lasted so long. So these are the people who would spend the plat for levelling.

I mean, I don't think veterans are so hungry to pursue caps any more. And you disappoint your newer players by saying, you know what, your L.66 vanity is pretty much useless.

What's more, I personally don't think that the privilege of entering an elite dungeon where you can only survive using elixirs is motivating enough for reaching the cap. On top of everything, this privilege will be pretty much useless when the next campaign arrives. On the other hand, vanity set bonus is permanent.

So from a business perspective, do they think that people will go for the elite dungeon, or do they hope that those disappointed will eventually quit PL and move to another 'Legends' game? We actually see this scenario often in the 'Happy trails' section.

Just some thoughts...
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!