Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Guild Rankings

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,473 Posts

Default Feedback: Guild Rankings

I'm gathering some feedback on how guild ranks are calculated. I'd like to keep it simple, so I'm thinking of using the achievement point total of the top N players in the guild that have played within the last T days. Guild size wouldn't matter, it's only the top 500 players that would count.

Current thought for N is 500 and T is 14 (so total achievement points for the top 500 players in a guild that have played within the last 14 days).

We'd also give you the tools needed to help manage your guild list (filtering/sorting by last online, APs, etc.)

I'm happy to hear your thoughts, feedback, concerns, constructive criticism.

-ALS

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Remove pvp stuff, remove account age, and guild age. There isn't a lot to choose from but you could do average titles per member, average aps per member.
    I suggest doing the calculations based off people who have played in the past 35 days instead of 14 because there are some people who log in once a month and some who take 3-4 week breaks for stuff irl.
    One thing that might bring up more guild events is average pve kills per member in the guild each week and total pve kills from players in the guild for that week. Even if someone leaves it keeps the number there because there will be an increase of guild hoppers / people who want to join guilds do the guild event take the reward and leave.

Average players online per day, take the highest number online for each day of the week and divide it by 7 for the average. This can work by only counting accounts lv 71+ in the guild so people can't spam create alt accounts lv 1 to increase the number. It ONLY counts 1 account as 1 online regardless if that account has 10 alts in the guild. No one is really going to keep up with 10+ emails with lv 71+ accounts. If I log on to my warrior rog and mage it only counts as 1 because its 1 account.
    Average pets owned per character lv 81, this helps towards fixing the pet economy since everyone will buy pets for ranking.

Whole point of guild ranking is to know what guilds are the most active and experienced imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Remove pvp stuff, remove account age, and guild age. There isn't a lot to choose from but you could do average titles per member, average aps per member.
    I suggest doing the calculations based off people who have played in the past 35 days instead of 14 because there are some people who log in once a month and some who take 3-4 week breaks for stuff irl.
    One thing that might bring up more guild events is average pve kills per member in the guild each week and total pve kills from players in the guild for that week. Even if someone leaves it keeps the number there because there will be an increase of guild hoppers / people who want to join guilds do the guild event take the reward and leave.

Average players online per day, take the highest number online for each day of the week and divide it by 7 for the average. This can work by only counting accounts lv 71+ in the guild so people can't spam create alt accounts lv 1 to increase the number. It ONLY counts 1 account as 1 online regardless if that account has 10 alts in the guild. No one is really going to keep up with 10+ emails with lv 71+ accounts. If I log on to my warrior rog and mage it only counts as 1 because its 1 account.
    Average pets owned per character lv 81, this helps towards fixing the pet economy since everyone will buy pets for ranking.
    +1 on this one. Please give rewards for top 10 guilds too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

A few issues im seeing with this is currently the top 5 guilds have less than 500 members, ive always liked how ranks were originally calculated but id propose to keep the old system but change some aspects of it , like limit how much a single player can affect certain values , kdr / kills per member ect, it would make dummy farming pointless besides aps , i hope my feedback is helpful to you , I lead insane asylem for 5 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Maybe also update the guild lbs once a month instead of weekly so that the monthly lb thread is more up to date?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Whole point of guild ranking is to know what guilds are the most active and experienced imo.
    Mucho texto
    +1 tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

My opinion is to make guild Ranking on monthly basis!
    1. Make guild aps
    •Like certain aps
    •total pve/pvp kills
    •total active days
    •boss kills/lb runs
    •gold farmed
    •guild chest(donate certain points/gold/items or pvp kills to count toward chest or to make levels on certain boss/mobs kills
    •guild event(hardly played once since introduce, n gm r pretty lazy to host one)
    •make guild hopper restrict(only count player who r in guld for more than 2week -month)
    •make guild easier to find / make a guild search option and to apply for guild than invite basis.

2.Make guild monthly lb
    •prices for top guild like 1-10
    •it makes guild attractive to push higher for good rewards
    •guild event is dead makes something event for guild which would b fun for guild members. Like pvp, race or hole in one sports events.
    •current guild lb is dry(seriously dry u will find cu in always #1 n other guld #2 n #3 so on with lots of og people who hav done all aps n chill. *Some still grind games tho*
    •make guild set language barrier
    There was a time i get on a guild n everyone speaking spanish i was like wtf they r talkin*

3. Guild customise
    •make guild banner and logo to make it more appealing
    •rather than guild hall we should have a map for guild with different customise rather than guild furniture yuck they all suck no cap
    •have a guild token system where u can get guild token to exchange for certain mid tier items not too op like mana heal pots or some golda
    •there should b guild rename options also for 100-500 plats
    •it makes no sense to cap guild hall capacity to 20 if guild can have 500-1000 members why guild hall have such low capacity? I know it would makes guild hall too crowded but its too small to begin with. Or cap guild members to 500

4. Make guild more accessable
    •like house show can we get guild show where we can visit others guild to see decoration? Just a suggestion 😉
    •make it easy to search as i said already
    Like when new players come there r sent to find guild menu but nothing is there to show? how can new people find guild lol? They r new to game the wont know anything whats guild? Hello sts u hear me on this?
    •rather than invite system make apply system as mentioned aboved. Like set criteria as xxx kills xxx aps xxx levels and officers/gm can easily accept or reject.
    •make new roles in guild
    Like whats recruiter / combation have in common? Theirs both shlt remove both roles whats the point of those in 2022💀

5. Sigh i just want al to succeed in coming years. Guild is the most outdated features in al since beginning. Hardly good guild to find and even if u find active guild criteria is too high to join for new people bcoz of guild aps system. U should make new aps system than old🤦

Good luck i hope u take some suggestions from above not all r important tho
    Thank you for reading my suggestion 🙇*♂️

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    I'm gathering some feedback on how guild ranks are calculated. I'd like to keep it simple, so I'm thinking of using the achievement point total of the top N players in the guild that have played within the last T days. Guild size wouldn't matter, it's only the top 500 players that would count.

Current thought for N is 500 and T is 14 (so total achievement points for the top 500 players in a guild that have played within the last 14 days).

We'd also give you the tools needed to help manage your guild list (filtering/sorting by last online, APs, etc.)

I'm happy to hear your thoughts, feedback, concerns, constructive criticism.

-ALS
    I think you are on the right track towards guild rankings, however, many players just log in and afk so implement something that calculated afking lol.
    If some type of weekly/monthly APs, that could be achieved, and reset was implemented towards guild ranking would be beneficial.
    You could have pvp challenges, guild with most elite maps completed, have tier ranking for easiest to hardest campaigns in a week/month.

• Pvp - it’s DF, so it should not be included
    • Pve can still be botted, that shouldn’t be included either.
    • Guild age is very important, it’s part of AL history when a guild that is formed and stays intact for many years.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MiruZetu View Post
    My opinion is to make guild Ranking on monthly basis!
    1. Make guild aps
    •Like certain aps
    •total pve/pvp kills
    •total active days
    •boss kills/lb runs
    •gold farmed
    •guild chest(donate certain points/gold/items or pvp kills to count toward chest or to make levels on certain boss/mobs kills
    •guild event(hardly played once since introduce, n gm r pretty lazy to host one)
    •make guild hopper restrict(only count player who r in guld for more than 2week -month)
    •make guild easier to find / make a guild search option and to apply for guild than invite basis.
    Have to look at these things with all kinds of views.
    We have total pve and pvp kills right now and its not working out well with pvp, people dummy farm in pvp for aps and guild rank. Pvp isn't active and should be removed from the guild ranking system.
    Total active days we also already have in the current system, it needs reworked. An idea I posted above.
    Boss kills people will spam orrick all day which would manipulate the system, lb runs would be controlled by 2 guilds and lb timed maps are already bad enough won't go into that subject.
    Gold farmed would be controlled by a tiny group of people with max gold loot in each guild.
    Guild chest would be manipulated by people who would spam alt accounts into the guild so when the chest opens they can open a ton of the chests.
    Guild events would work if the devs add my idea above which is count total pve kills farmed by guild members in each month. Masters who want their guild on lb will host more events.
    Guild hopping will never be a fixable thing.
    Search option would be nice to have.

I disagree on guild rewards due to people having the ability to spam alts with rewards for being in the top guilds.
    Language info should be in the search guild option if they add one.
    No comment on the logo / furnish / token system.
    We have an option to rename already.
    Increasing capacity to 50 would be nice.

Ranks should be Member-> Recruit-> Combat-> Officer->Master. Some guilds do PvP and I am not sure if this is an issue but some recruits who shouldn't join the pvp zone do join that zone. Keep the roles, some people don't deserve recruit rank because they can't read the rules and invite people who don't meet guild requirements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    I think you are on the right track towards guild rankings, however, many players just log in and afk so implement something that calculated afking lol.
    If some type of weekly/monthly APs, that could be achieved, and reset was implemented towards guild ranking would be beneficial.
    You could have pvp challenges, guild with most elite maps completed, have tier ranking for easiest to hardest campaigns in a week/month.

• Pvp - it’s DF, so it should not be included
    • Pve can still be botted, that shouldn’t be included either.
    • Guild age is very important, it’s part of AL history when a guild that is formed and stays intact for many years.
    They should start banning people more often for botting in pve, especially 1.2m kills in 1 month. I feel if they add a total pve kills per month count for each guild that finding pve botters will be alot easier.
    Guild age should stay as information but not apart of the ranking system. A lot of newer guilds tend to be more active than a lot of older guilds.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You have no idea what ur talking about lmao, pvp is very active you’re just saying it’s not because you don’t care about it, which is fine but don’t lie to the developers to get what you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Igotu12 View Post
    You have no idea what ur talking about lmao, pvp is very active you’re just saying it’s not because you don’t care about it, which is fine but don’t lie to the developers to get what you want.
    We are talking about level 81 pvp not twink pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I really apreciate ur effort last months to improve the game. The result is amazing so far.
    Now abt guild ranking i have to remind u years ago when it came on this current form, for many days was discussed and hundreds of reply came to ur disposal. The lb is fine as it is. Imo it's a waste of time for ur team sinse in every changes u gonna make always ppl will find ways to exploit or "cheat" for better rank.
    I don't think there are many ppl that actually cares abt guild lb.
    Yes pvp is dead but there are many ppl that have legit kills and flags captured even those done years ago. Would be unfair to remove pvp factors. Just keep tracking dummy farmers and keep "punish em". Ofc dummy farm till 10k pvp kills shouldn't be scholled.
    Yes ppl pve bot but many playing event lbs for years and 4m pve are legit.
    Excluding best and worse ranking is fair and giving chanse to new guilds with low aps to be on lb. So I wouldn't change this.
    Guild activity matters the most sinse there are so many factors abt it, no need make it count last 14days only.
    Acc age and guild age is important too. Having a guild created for so long go and still being on lb must be rewarded, same goes for old accounts.
    Once again thank you for all your hard effort. All devs made game better and is very promising. Spend ur time improve events and don't mind guild lb.
    P. S. Dont listen to encryption.

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

81 is the most active though, I would know bc I play it. Ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

People want active guilds, some old guilds are carried to lb by old accounts that are inactive with high pve/pvp kills and aps. There are lb guilds that are very inactive and yet still on lb. I understand that some of you guys like to have ancient guilds stand on lb but when they are inactive I don't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotu12 View Post
    81 is the most active though, I would know bc I play it. Ty
    Your ign? Any time I go to tdm or ctf it has 0 players.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You never go because you’re not a pvper. You’re a pve player, I’ve never seen u in tdm ever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

They should start banning people more often for botting in pve, especially 1.2m kills in 1 month. I feel if they add a total pve kills per month count for each guild that finding pve botters will be alot easier.
    Guild age should stay as information but not apart of the ranking system. A lot of newer guilds tend to be more active than a lot of older guilds.
    It's possible to get 1m in a month if you don't have responsibilities and play 10 hours a day. Some people play 24/7 farming gold if they spent that time in hauntlet I'm sure they could get 1m in a month, it's just boring to do

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

People want active guilds, some old guilds are carried to lb by old accounts that are inactive with high pve/pvp kills and aps. There are lb guilds that are very inactive and yet still on lb. I understand that some of you guys like to have ancient guilds stand on lb but when they are inactive I don't see the point.

Your ign? Any time I go to tdm or ctf it has 0 players.
    Activity counts more than having one of oldest guild with tones of pve. If old accounts being inactive i dont think they can boost with aps? Lately new aps added are almost double. So active guilds will not lose to them.. Maybe u don't know exactly how guild lb works?
    Unless u understand it 100% then maybe u shouldn't suggest.
    Tho I have to admit there are some things u said that can be interesting.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to papas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsanitrisesAL View Post
    A few issues im seeing with this is currently the top 5 guilds have less than 500 members, ive always liked how ranks were originally calculated but id propose to keep the old system but change some aspects of it , like limit how much a single player can affect certain values , kdr / kills per member ect, it would make dummy farming pointless besides aps , i hope my feedback is helpful to you , I lead insane asylem for 5 years
    Yeah I agree with this. How can you allow a guild with what is 150 members be on the LB? They're mostly people who have been playing since the game came out back in I believe 2012-2013. You should lower the affect of certain values when a person is in guild as Insanity has mentioned here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papas View Post
    Activity counts more than having one of oldest guild with tones of pve. If old accounts being inactive i dont think they can boost with aps? Lately new aps added are almost double. So active guilds will not lose to them.. Maybe u don't know exactly how guild lb works?
    Unless u understand it 100% then maybe u shouldn't suggest.
    Tho I have to admit there are some things u said that can be interesting.

There is no need to speculate, just go see the top guilds and you will see that there are inactive guilds, otherwise, enter a top guild, and see the inactivity of half of its members.
    On the other hand here you can check, how they influence, the points mentioned above by Encryption.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...lds-2022-09-28

If they want to add prizes to Lb, they have to make this a real, decisive competition in the same season.
    What's the point of giving an award to a guild or a player who doesn't play?
    The player's activity must be one of the most influential points. It is a step in the right direction.