Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: YAPT! (Yet another Pisces thread)

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,475 Posts

Default Feedback: YAPT! (Yet another Pisces thread)

To those that claim we abandoned Pisces, that's simply not true. I actively worked with the community attempting to either improve or debug the issues and received ZERO feedback after the debugging went in. In fact, the thread (here) has had no responses in 10 days.

I've run test after test, simulation after simulation and I cannot get the misfire numbers various users have claimed. I'm always able to get it on average 1/3 of the time.

At any rate, I spent some time on it and settled with the following:
    • After 5 unsuccessful charges, the proc fires, guaranteed. <-- NEW
    • Lowered proc cooldown time from 15s to 12s. <-- NEW

Everything else about Pisces stays the same (proc chance, what it does, etc.)

Additionally, since the DEBUGGING proc cooldown icons were considered helpful, I added real proc cooldown icons for all slot types (amulet, armor, belt, helmet, and weapon) so you know if your attempt to proc is blocked due to cooldown.

None of this has been released, still testing and gathering feedback.

Help me help you.

-ALS

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

What about Hyperos?

Probably the most useless weapon in the game right now.

It doesn't even tickle bosses. It's such a bad weapon that I have no words to describe it...

Could u include the same thing you did to Pisces with this weapon?

Also, please increase its duration or the damage output. It barely tickles bosses.

You could Proc Aquaris (Procs almost instantly always) and hit boss with Gun attacks, and it'll do as much (if not more) damage than Hyperos proc will (hard to proc)

Pretty sure Hyperos was supposed to be the premier boss destroying mythic for Mages, and it's failing really badly.

Also, if you have Smug Gun, there arent almost any situation in which you'd use Hyperos.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ploid For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    To those that claim we abandoned Pisces, that's simply not true. I actively worked with the community attempting to either improve or debug the issues and received ZERO feedback after the debugging went in. In fact, the thread (here) has had no responses in 10 days.

I've run test after test, simulation after simulation and I cannot get the misfire numbers various users have claimed. I'm always able to get it on average 1/3 of the time.

Additionally, since the DEBUGGING proc cooldown icons were considered helpful, I added real proc cooldown icons for all slot types (amulet, armor, belt, helmet, and weapon) so you know if your attempt to proc is blocked due to cooldown.

Help me help you.

-ALS
    thanks asommers for this, I didn't provide feedback because the cooldown was working fine. The problem is sometimes it takes 10+ charges to proc it.
    Finally I can sleep in peace.

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tailwarrior View Post
    thanks asommers for this, I didn't provide feedback because the cooldown was working fine. The problem is sometimes it takes 10+ charges to proc it.
    Finally I can sleep in peace.

Rest in peace
    Eh
    Twelv
    DEAD TWELV - MOVED TO ALBION ONLINE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Help me help you.

-ALS
    Too rng oriented. Especially on maps that require demanding procs basically on command. Evg, Gauntlet and Temple for example required responsive action at start of waves, otherwise you die.

Rogs were praying for mercy that the outcome wouldn't be 8 tries this time or 12 tries before procing the weapon as once in a while that could happen, and it would cost the entire run to fail. Too many rogs were frustrated from losing an attempt in Evg/Temple as the limiting factor of Pisces is rng.

This applies to Hyperos, Polaris aswell. Hyperos basically is never used. Its just as bad as Pisces, except the proc is weaker and requires to hit the same target twice to apply (which is often hard to do with mobs around the boss).

If you plan to buff Pisces, do the same for Hyperos.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

where can i find the proc cooldown icons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

The previous thread hasnt had any responses in 10 days cos obviously dragkin temple event is over. The daggers with such kind of proc are mostly valued for their potential in wave maps with strong mob clear and high dmg reduction stats. With that being said when u have a "competitive" event with such rewards and u have to start praying before every run for them to proc consistently so u dont waste 1.5 hrs of ur life for no reason...yea theres a problem there.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Legolasn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

@Asommers
    First thing we appreciate you listening to the community.
    Good changes overall

As I said before, yes this weapon is indeed procs 1/3 times in most times, I would say it does not do so in 1/10 times
    try run EVG / Temple with Pisces, you will see that in averege 1/10 rounds you will have hard time to proc, where it gets to these long streches.
    But 5 charged attack gurarenteed proc is fair and I believe we are able to survive around that time, even against powerfull mobs, with a good strategy its doable.
    Thank you for the change, can't wait to try

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

At this point a buff or reduced cooldown timer would help still. and thanks for adding back the cd timer on hud it really helps. But I would prefer the guaranteed proc on 5th charged attack.

I would also like to add move the elixir timer on "ad elixir" offers (idk what to call it) it was inspired from this thread https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...-apply-feature to lessen the amount of timers/buffs on character hud.

TIA

Edit: if you mean you'll apply both you mentioned which is the reduced cd and proc on 5th attack then I will probably enjoy playing as a rogue again. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

lowered cd time and proc cd icons would be really helpful, thank you

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Too rng oriented. Especially on maps that require demanding procs basically on command. Evg, Gauntlet and Temple for example required responsive action at start of waves, otherwise you die.

Rogs were praying for mercy that the outcome wouldn't be 8 tries this time or 12 tries before procing the weapon as once in a while that could happen, and it would cost the entire run to fail. Too many rogs were frustrated from losing an attempt in Evg/Temple as the limiting factor of Pisces is rng.

This applies to Hyperos, Polaris aswell. Hyperos basically is never used. Its just as bad as Pisces, except the proc is weaker and requires to hit the same target twice to apply (which is often hard to do with mobs around the boss).

If you plan to buff Pisces, do the same for Hyperos.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    true hyperos needs charging to open it's proc, so it should be buffed the same.
    while neptaris and polaris just need basic attk to open proc so it's easier with high haste.so no need for it atm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Im glad that the cooldown icons are back, its really useful in general but I still don't understand why we are still stuck with charge to proc when other classes have more advantageous methods of proccing :/
    notice how hyperios is also hated? hmm I wonder why.
    Pls give us proc on normal attacks or something less disruptive than having to charge.
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Help me help you.

-ALS
    The thread you mentioned did receive plenty of feedback whether or not there was any additional responses in 10 days. The temple event is also not up and running which was the reason that particular thread was created. Regardless, there have been many instances in which the daggers have not proced in over 5 charges. These new changes would be very helpful and appreciated.

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,475 Posts

My entire goal is to figure out why Pisces "is broken". Unfortunately, requiring charge to proc Pisces will not change. Sure, it's not going to proc exactly when you want, Pisces is "35% chance to proc on charged hit". That's how the weapon was designed and that's how it will work. Cinco's work on the new 81 Arcane weapons is simplifying the usage and you can give him feedback here.

However, to combat the claim that it takes too long to proc, we're discussing possibly adding guaranteed proc after 5 unsuccessful charges assuming the cooldown isn't blocking you. Oh, one clarification: the proc counter will not start unless the cooldown timer is expired. If you manage to squeeze in 6 charges in 15s during the cooldown, it will then take you 5 more unsuccessful charges to have the guaranteed proc.

Who knows? Instead of adding either the guaranteed proc and/or the cooldown reduction, maybe all that's required is showing the cooldown timer so you know you will not proc .

-ALS

PS. Stop trying to hijack the thread making it about other things. This thread is about Pisces.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

What about spirit weapon? I love the weapon, but its really disappointing that it is useless

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

My entire goal is to figure out why Pisces "is broken". Unfortunately, requiring charge to proc Pisces will not change. Sure, it's not going to proc exactly when you want, Pisces is "35% chance to proc on charged hit". That's how the weapon was designed and that's how it will work. Cinco's work on the new 81 Arcane weapons is simplifying the usage and you can give him feedback here.

However, to combat the claim that it takes too long to proc, we're discussing possibly adding guaranteed proc after 5 unsuccessful charges assuming the cooldown isn't blocking you. Oh, one clarification: the proc counter will not start unless the cooldown timer is expired. If you manage to squeeze in 6 charges in 15s during the cooldown, it will then take you 5 more unsuccessful charges to have the guaranteed proc.

Who knows? Instead of adding either the guaranteed proc and/or the cooldown reduction, maybe all that's required is showing the cooldown timer so you know you will not proc .

-ALS

PS. Stop trying to hijack the thread making it about other things. This thread is about Pisces.
    Thanks a lot, 6 charges is way better. I will wait for cooldown and then do another 6 charges. Atleast now we're assured that it proc for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have a small doubt. Does haste reduce weapon cooldown timer?
    example, say I have weapon with 15s cooldown, with 50% haste will it reduce to 7.5s?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Me on average when i charge attack, i get proc within 3 or 4 charge but i always found annoying the long cd of pisces. By logic, if i proc bow, then to proc daggs i should get a longer cd but in case of pisces is not like this. Especially on rahab, usually i kill rahab with pisces, then mini with bow and very often i insta proc pisces on rahab again. If instead i use pisces all along, After mini it will take me quite a while to proc pisces again. Since is two different weapons, by logic for me the cd between them should be longer than from two procs of same weapon. To really improve the weapon i would apply both changes. And counter cd om hud are very very nice, +1 for this

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

@asommers I suggest you to watch these videos, no proc cool downs restricted me from being able to proc. 1 is bad quality because I had to make the file size 8mb to send to someone in discord
    https://youtu.be/dkaenB_Ia0M
    https://youtu.be/aw7IwfcASKE

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

guaranteed on 5 charge basic is a big help for pisces proc thanks for this asommers