Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Hyperos the Destroyer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

- If I activate proc then that target with the debuff should be the only one I can hit with my basic attacks (charged/non charged)
    - If the above can't be done then increase the duration of the proc, because usually by the time you position yourself to hit the target the proc wears off and now you have to restart everything. This would also allow for more pressure crushes.
    - As everyone has already stated increase proc rate and the damage done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

hypeross i with the shots exploded on hit . and . we mages mostly fight with spells . can it be that charged spells can proc it ? like i charge my spells and shoot them and they proc the weapon ?
    and onve it proc gun is very hard to single out a target in a group while being far away can it be that the area of proc all mobs get proc dammage ... ? that would be great if it happens . Happydino
    Ign :Happydino
    [CENTER][COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=3]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    Proc rate and mechanic itself are terrible. Specially when i had one of first Hyperos in game (when it had 100% proc chance and much more dmg) and i see the difference after you fixed/nerfed/ruined it. I get that 100% proc chance was too much, but after that 'fix' we usually have to Charge attack like 6-8 times before it procs. By then, boss is already dead tbh, and Hyperos is doing nothing most of time.

So in my opinion is about proc chance and charge mechanic...not small things. Takes too long to charge attack, and if you combine this with proc rate, we have current situation where its being obliterated by most of mages.

On a side note, proc chance of Kraken armor is pretty bad, mostly if you are on a single target fight (aka boss). Im talking about mage armor, i dont know about other classes
    Every armor has bad proc rate against single target. Not surprising.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    During the Pisces thread, we had several Hyperos hijack attempts. Now that Pisces is resolved, we can discuss Hyperos issues here.

What would you want changed with this weapon and why?

-ALS
    what I want to chage:
    1.Make it possible to proc within 5 charges(Maybe even less) .

reason:
    they're very similar to pisces and has the same charging upper limit issue(may take 12 charges too).

2.No need for additional charge(pressure squeeze charge), after it proc directly go to deep squeeze.
    (or)
    Let the pressure squeeze charge be there but it should lock the enemy we already hit and enemy should not dodge it.

reason:
    If the 2nd charge fails and hit some other mob, we'll never be able to use deep squeeze(basic attk) it.

Additional:
    Other than that everything is fine. You guys mention that damage is low. But I think it's ok. Remember this weapon can reduce enemy armor by a huge%(not sure how much?).

I feel if guaranteed proc within 5 charges is resolved, the arcane armor will be able to proc more smoothly for this weapon(pisces and kraken armor stack is happening more smoothly after update, but it's a gun, we need to test it to find out).

Also we can't expect this weapon to be op as smuggler but it should be atleast average op enough for people as a 2nd option since it's easy to afford the weapon now.

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tailwarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tailwarrior View Post
    what I want to chage:
    1.Make it possible to proc within 5 charges(Maybe even less) .

reason:
    they're very similar to pisces and has the same charging upper limit issue(may take 12 charges too).

2.No need for additional charge(pressure squeeze charge), after it proc directly go to deep squeeze.
    (or)
    Let the pressure squeeze charge be there but it should lock the enemy we already hit and enemy should not dodge it.

reason:
    If the 2nd charge fails and hit some other mob, we'll never be able to use deep squeeze(basic attk) it.

Additional:
    Other than that everything is fine. You guys mention that damage is low. But I think it's ok. Remember this weapon can reduce enemy armor by a huge%(not sure how much?).

I feel if guaranteed proc within 5 charges is resolved, the arcane armor will be able to proc more smoothly for this weapon(pisces and kraken armor stack is happening more smoothly after update, but it's a gun, we need to test it to find out).

Also we can't expect this weapon to be op as smuggler but it should be atleast average op enough for people as a 2nd option since it's easy to afford the weapon now.

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

compare to smuggler.. hyperos process is very underwhelming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Probably increasing critical hit chance and critical hit dmg while proc is active

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    Every armor has bad proc rate against single target. Not surprising.

Yeah Mr. Obvious, but im actually comparing kraken armor rate vs ebon armor, which i've been using for years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LugiaBeatU View Post
    Probably increasing critical hit chance and critical hit dmg while proc is active
    You can already reach near 100%crit chance using Hero Tadthep AA.

Increased critical damage however would be very welcomed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Les dégâts sont pas mal et le proc est plutôt insane est ce que cela fonctionne avec le ''haste '' des pet's

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I didn t like the ideea of having to charge the normal attack from the begining in order to proc. I mostly use my skills on bosses. It would have been cool if the proc would happen when you charge any of your skill rather than normal attack. It is a pure waste of time during combat to try and proc with normal attack instead of using a skill that does more damage. Do not mention that our class have the shortest cooldowns and if you use haste it will make this even relevant. And I d move the pressure crush on the skill side too. The proc rate and the mechanic for aquaris is good. Just do the same thing for Hyperos but instead of normal hits, make it proc on charged attack. 3x Charged attacks = succesful proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Would also like the proc to reduce dodge in addition to armor and speed to lower the frustration of trying to activate pressure crush. As for damage, maybe deep squeeze should be allowed to do crit damage. I think the mark mechanic is too complex and needs a rework. The biggest issue is when you try using it against a boss that summons mobs, which quite a bit of zodias bosses do. It is too difficult to activate the mark because the charged attack doesn't go towards the intended target. It would help out if the mark activated automatically. These are a couple other ideas that I just wanted to throw out there:

1.Charged attack is an aoe, with a chance to mark multiple enemies damaged by the aoe
    2.Proc is a buff that marks enemies on charged attacks
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 10-06-2022 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Organized and reworded stuff, added suggestions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Maybe increase the time window in which we have to Proc so it can easily be combo-ed with Aquaris proc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

What if instead of having to do a charge attack again after the explosion (marked), make it proc *PRESSURE CRUSH* along with the explosion mark of it's first initial proc so they don't have to deal with more charged attacks. Plus, make Hyperos have a guaranteed proc on 5th or 7th charged attack similar to Pisces'.

So why 5th or 7th? Us Rogues can't have the full potential of haste in which haste doesn't increase our attack speed unlike Sorcerers they can, even if it's 7th attempt considering them having 25-40% haste.

I honestly don't think Hyperos needs any sort of buff, but a rework on proc style.

(Edit: Why not just remove the initial proc which is the blue thingy explosion?)

What do you Notts think?
    Last edited by Corviss the Lich; 10-07-2022 at 11:37 AM.

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

I'm not redesigning the entire weapon, but I am going to make the following changes:
    1. Similar to Pisces, there is a 35% chance to proc on charged attack. There will now be a guaranteed proc after 6 unsuccessful charges.
    2. The charged attack was doing 360 degree cone targeting instead of the intended 180. This could have you target closer mobs behind you on the charge.
    3. After a successful proc by charging, Pressure Crush and Deep Squeeze now occur on normal attack instead of charged attack.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I'm not redesigning the entire weapon, but I am going to make the following changes:
    1. Similar to Pisces, there is a 35% chance to proc on charged attack. There will now be a guaranteed proc after 6 unsuccessful charges.
    2. The charged attack was doing 360 degree cone targeting instead of the intended 180. This could have you target closer mobs behind you on the charge.
    3. After a successful proc by charging, Pressure Crush and Deep Squeeze now occur on normal attack instead of charged attack.

-ALS
    Could u make it so that Hyperos does significantly more damage than Aquaris on Single Target enemies like bosses?

Currently, it does slightly more damage than Aquaris.

Aquaris Procs almost instantly while this takes time. As this was the boss killing weapon for Mages, there should be a notice-able difference.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

-ALS

Looking good, excited to try out the changes.

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

This is in today's server (content) update.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

This is in today's server (content) update.

-ALS
    It feels so good. I can finally do something instead of standing around waiting for warriors to kill bosses. I can contribute with just 2.1k int now.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

marianos next? xd

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

tweak the charging speed for guns. It feels way to slower compared with staff charging time. The dps with gun is higher but the casting time is slower. Makes no sense.