Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Hyperos the Destroyer

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,479 Posts

Default Feedback: Hyperos the Destroyer

During the Pisces thread, we had several Hyperos hijack attempts. Now that Pisces is resolved, we can discuss Hyperos issues here.

What would you want changed with this weapon and why?

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Proc rate and mechanic itself are terrible. Specially when i had one of first Hyperos in game (when it had 100% proc chance and much more dmg) and i see the difference after you fixed/nerfed/ruined it. I get that 100% proc chance was too much, but after that 'fix' we usually have to Charge attack like 6-8 times before it procs. By then, boss is already dead tbh, and Hyperos is doing nothing most of time.

So in my opinion is about proc chance and charge mechanic...not small things. Takes too long to charge attack, and if you combine this with proc rate, we have current situation where its being obliterated by most of mages.

On a side note, proc chance of Kraken armor is pretty bad, mostly if you are on a single target fight (aka boss). Im talking about mage armor, i dont know about other classes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Damage is low, proc rate sucks, when it procs it targets a mob instead. Maybe it should prioritize the highest HP mob/boss in the area or prioritize mini bosses/bosses since that's what the weapon was intended for

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Overall weapon suck we just use it for stats bonus and single target basic attack proc staff switch to zaar hyper set and that's it , overall useless no dmg procs after what 8 attempt or something then Landing on wrong target

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Terrible damage and terrible proc rate.

Most useless Proc in the game right now. Aquaris Proc with Gun attacks do about the same or more damage than Hyperos proc.

Aquaris Proc with Smugg Gun basic attacks do Significantly more damage than Hyperos Proc.

So there is never a reason to use this weapon except getting the mythic set bonus.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Needs more damage dealt during proc, higher proc rate. Also is able to proc stack with aquaris, if you plan to buff the damage you might want to fix the proc stack, atm no one even uses that proc stacking ability though.
    Making it work like neptaris would be nice, also during proc it will only focus the target that has the proc active on it.
    Throwing out some ideas here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Increase proc rate and NO need to charge attack again after first proc
    Other class myhtic weapon only need 1 charge,only hyper need to charge again after first proc
    xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Agree charging to mark target and you charge again hits a different target and the mark is gone another 7-12 whatever rng charge attack attempts again to mark enemy just plain awful does no damage demanding mechanics just not worth it at all people using this are only using it for set bonus or people who still can't afford aquaris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

from my experience (which is 3 weeks playing mage lately) I felt like proc rate is bad as well, but overall damage seemed fine to me, probably because once I proced on boss, I just use the "Energize" ultimate, and spam 30x attacks of Deep Squeeze.

I would suggest to do the same as pisces daggers (5th Attack would have 100% Proc), and make this kind of weapons (Hyperos / Marianos) target boss as a priority, cause the only frustrating thing in my eyes for a boss design weapon is when you try to proc it for a while and when it does it ended up hitting on one of the spawned mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synergia View Post
    from my experience (which is 3 weeks playing mage lately) I felt like proc rate is bad as well, but overall damage seemed fine to me, probably because once I proced on boss, I just use the "Energize" ultimate, and spam 30x attacks of Deep Squeeze.

I would suggest to do the same as pisces daggers (5th Attack would have 100% Proc), and make this kind of weapons (Hyperos / Marianos) target boss as a priority, cause the only frustrating thing in my eyes for a boss design weapon is when you try to proc it for a while and when it does it ended up hitting on one of the spawned mobs.
    You'd do Significantly more damage if you proc Aquaris and Spam attacks with Smugg Gun with energize. A lot more damage.

Also the duration of Hyperos Proc is much lower than energize ult.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

It takes forever to proc after so many attempts and so u die many times while charging it 2 times and hope to hit the boss. There are always mobs around and the charged attack hits them instead of boss. Making 2 successful charged attacks takes too long. 1 charge should be good enough like the other weapons. We have been complaining about this weapon since it first was nerfed. Not only we die a lot we aren't helping the party kill boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Prefer hit the procced mob

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Proc rate is worse than Pisces, it requires 2 consecutive charges to the same target to proc (very hard to do). After going through all that hassle, the weapon and proc alone do the least damage - unless we're able to synchronize it with an armor proc, however, synchronizing a very low proc rate weapon with another RNG piece of gear results in almost not happening. So no one does it anymore, it's just not practical.

For it being a boss-centric weapon, the mechanics to proc is flawed. 99% of the maps have either mobs around, or mobs that spawn near the boss. So why was it designed to make the 2nd charge be a single target?

Polaris hits 3 enemies, Neptaris hits 3 enemies (and procs the marked target), Pisces hits 3 enemies in a small radius giving it more chances of hitting something. Hyperos
    should be in line with the other weapons, for instance, after marking an enemy, the guns next charged attack hits 3 enemies in a small radius. So if there's a marked boss, and 2 mobs standing just in front of it, it would hit all 3 foes and still proc on the marked boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Lmao no positive feedback from this weapon at all everything is just terrible 😂

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Procs should be more simple to activate imo, re-work hyperos (and marianos) procs to something like immo bow proc (with higher damage ofc), that would be perfect for boss killing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Just to clarify... I mentioned hyperos in the piscis thread to point out that it was the charge to proc mechanic what people disliked just like piscis.
    I wasn't trying to hijack nothing :P

As for the weapon in question, it needs a slightly higher proc chance and it should focus on the target that got marked and I think that should be enough for people to give it good use,
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Proc rate is worse than Pisces, it requires 2 consecutive charges to the same target to proc (very hard to do). After going through all that hassle, the weapon and proc alone do the least damage - unless we're able to synchronize it with an armor proc, however, synchronizing a very low proc rate weapon with another RNG piece of gear results in almost not happening. So no one does it anymore, it's just not practical.

For it being a boss-centric weapon, the mechanics to proc is flawed. 99% of the maps have either mobs around, or mobs that spawn near the boss. So why was it designed to make the 2nd charge be a single target?

Polaris hits 3 enemies, Neptaris hits 3 enemies (and procs the marked target), Pisces hits 3 enemies in a small radius giving it more chances of hitting something. Hyperos
    should be in line with the other weapons, for instance, after marking an enemy, the guns next charged attack hits 3 enemies in a small radius. So if there's a marked boss, and 2 mobs standing just in front of it, it would hit all 3 foes and still proc on the marked boss.
    I also feel it does almost no damage compared to what Aquaris + Smugg Gun can do.

Idk, probably cuz I have bad stats?

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Advocacies View Post
    Lmao no positive feedback from this weapon at all everything is just terrible
    Not sure what responses do you expect in a thread asking what's wrong with the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeleton Mike View Post
    Just to clarify... I mentioned hyperos in the piscis thread to point out that it was the charge to proc mechanic what people disliked just like piscis.
    I wasn't trying to hijack nothing :P
    I spent time removing all of the Hyperos hijacking attempts, but looks like I missed one.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Not sure what responses do you expect in a thread asking what's wrong with the weapon.

I spent time removing all of the Hyperos hijacking attempts, but looks like I missed one.

-ALS
    I mean some weapon despite having bad proc rate but proc dmg at least do actually dmg in their current expansion like dream/creep rifle at 66 cap hyper does almost nothing and too demanding to proc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

/////////
    Rip
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike