Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Hyperos the Destroyer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I dont think this is a bug. Guns generally have had a slower charge time than staffs (edit: they actually now have the same charge time of 1 second but may be different on other classes). There have also been instances in the past of weapons having special characteristics (such as the firesquid rod having faster normal attacks). From what it looks like, Aquaris has a faster charge time than normal.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 10-11-2022 at 01:52 PM. Reason: added edit

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

The main issue here is that Hyperos charging time is way to slower. I don t know about other guns, but even with high haste, charging time still sucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hriv View Post
    The main issue here is that Hyperos charging time is way to slower. I don t know about other guns, but even with high haste, charging time still sucks.
    Haste doesn't affect charging time.

Given how strong the gun is, the charging time is good.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Could be 1 shot. Doesn t matter for me more than how smooth if feel the combat. For me is a game breaking mechanic. I keep the button pressed, doesn t charge, then I press it again and takes like forever to charge once. I d rather have slightly reduced damage but I can charge it properly than having a clumsy mechanic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Could be 1 shot. Doesn t matter for me more than how smooth if feel the combat. For me is a game breaking mechanic. I keep the button pressed, doesn t charge, then I press it again and takes like forever to charge once. I d rather have slightly reduced damage but I can charge it properly than having a clumsy mechanic.
    The same thing happens with war weapons, the Neptaris charges quickly, compared to the Polaris, it takes time and sometimes you have to tap 2 times to start charging, and the worst thing is that you have 6 seconds to do it, which is how long the proc takes.
    The haste helps, but it still feels pretty clumsy.
    I would also like to know the reason for this difference in charge, and in any case those charges should be reduced, so that it feels smoother, like the Neptaris.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Feedback: Hyperos the Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    The same thing happens with war weapons, the Neptaris charges quickly, compared to the Polaris, it takes time and sometimes you have to tap 2 times to start charging, and the worst thing is that you have 6 seconds to do it, which is how long the proc takes.
    The haste helps, but it still feels pretty clumsy.
    I would also like to know the reason for this difference in charge, and in any case those charges should be reduced, so that it feels smoother, like the Neptaris.
    There are a few reasons that charging probably can feel a bit unresponsive. The two most likely culprits could be an enemy stunning and interrupting the charge, or attack animations. When you do a charged weapon attack, there is a brief window where you cannot charge your weapon again because the game is waiting for the attack animation to finish. Some weapons seem to have slightly longer animations. Try pacing the charged attacks a bit slower and see if that makes them feel more responsive.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 10-10-2022 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    There are a few reasons that charging probably can feel a bit unresponsive. The two most likely culprits could be an enemy stunning and interrupting the charge, or attack animations. When you do a charged weapon attack, there is a brief window where you cannot charge your weapon again because the game is waiting for the attack animation to finish. Some weapons seem to have slightly longer animations. Try pacing the charged attacks a bit slower and see if that makes them feel more responsive.
    I see you didn't understand anything at all.
    Anyway, try doing the charges in the city, you get the same result.
    These mythic, Hyperos and Polaris, are slower than the charged Neptaris or Aquarius.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    I see you didn't understand anything at all.
    Anyway, try doing the charges in the city, you get the same result.
    These mythic, Hyperos and Polaris, are slower than the charged Neptaris or Aquarius.
    I already know that Hyperos has a slower charge time than Aquaris have already explained why in my previous reply:

There have also been instances in the past of weapons having special characteristics (such as the firesquid rod having faster normal attacks). From what it looks like, Aquaris has a faster charge time than normal.
    Hypero's charge time is actually normal. They just made Aquaris have a faster charge time than normal. Try charging with any other 2h weapon and compare it to Neptaris and you'll see what I mean. It would be nice though if they made Hypero's and Polaris' charge times faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I already know that Hyperos has a slower charge time than Aquaris have already explained why in my previous reply:

Hypero's charge time is actually normal. They just made Aquaris have a faster charge time than normal. Try charging with any other 2h weapon and compare it to Neptaris and you'll see what I mean. It would be nice though if they made Hypero's and Polaris' charge times faster.
    Polaris damage output is directly related to its charge time. I don't think there's a need for a polaris damage buff. I could be wrong.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk