Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Every ELITE Vanity Items should be SAME.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

ah, you're reaching, WhoisThis. I am willing to accept that skill plays a part in PvP because i'm a reasonable person and not some 13 year old internet flamer. Open discussion of ideas is a better way to continue the conversation than flaming. Yes, birds who charge into tanks without knowing how to use their skills, etc will have a disadvantage over those who know how to use their characters. ha

BUT, the game is a stat based game. The stats, affected by gear, is an important part of it. Especially when players are matched evenly in skill, of course. Why should one group of players automatically have a clear advantage just because of what happened when people were misled about what they were playing for?

Why dont Lvl 5 players PvP against Lvl 30 players or Lvl 30 players fight Lvl 65 players? Because of stats (damage, armour, crit, etc.). The same stats that gear give bonuses too. If gear did not have a factor, people would PvP naked in theory. GEar makes a difference. Geez, there are threads upon threads about how the Forgotten bows are overpowered. Obviously stats make a difference. DOnt delude yourself otherwise. If you did, you'd would be using grey or white junk items and fighting players of equal skill, and getting your butt kicked, i might add.

And as to your questions, you obviously haven't read the threads on this issue through. I wish you did so you understand what the points are. I dont PvP. I've said it many times before, the 50HP would make a big difference to me in surviving Yeti attacks. It's still imbalanced and people still feel misled and cheated. STS has not fixed that yet. I hope by this continuing dialogue, STS will finally realize what they did and at least fix it for the Humania Helm (since everyone now knows that STS has changed course, the other Elite items in the future can be decorative), OR balance the game by removing the old Elite bonuses. I'm not the only one saying this (see above for some examples).

again, Dragon sets giving +10 dmg, go for 45M gold. Imagine a 50HP item in the game (which is what STS took away)? Would it be worth $100M gold?

Cheers
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Stats do decide an outcome, but when as a 45 bird I kill a 51 bird, it would seem skill plays a large part of this,
    Until you factor in the fun endgame stats where even pure int mages can reach 25+ dodge
    Then you're looking at luck even more than skill
    Especially with the extreme dmg, one dodge could bring the win in just a one second fight

Ultimately in most twinking levels tho skill provided the win
    Stats serve as a large aid, obviously fighting naked vs a fully equipped opponent will bring a loss

But it's not to say stats bring the outcome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

I didn't read through the whole thread, but from what I have seen on the last few pages, it seems like we are back at the old "OMGelitevanitiesunbalancePvPGrrrrrr" story.

Back when this topic was raised at previous caps, you could always counter the complaints with the argument that there was in fact an equal opportunity for everyone to 'earn' these stats, maybe not instantly but at least after playing for two caps everyone would be able to have a two-piece bonus.
    Now this isn't the case anymore (for doubious reasons), so anyone who started playing during MF or later will never be able to get this bonus.

It is ridiculous how many elite vanity owners argue that skill can overcome the bonus. If the bonus was that insignificant, why is everyone who posseses the vanities using them? Because it gives you an advantage. The 50 hp, 5 dodge and 10-15 armor is a lot. Without that 50 extra hp I would have at least a few hundred more deaths. And a bear with 80 dodge will only get damaged by every 5th hit, while one with 75 it will by every 4th hit.
    There is no doubt elite vanities give a player an advantage over others without them.

Moreover there already is too much dodge across all classes in PvP anyways, removing the Vanity bonus would at least help the situation a little.

And if all you people are so convinced that skill is a much more deciding factor in PvP and claim that you don't need them to beat your opponents, no one should be complaining about being stripped off those stats in PvP maps.

Just my 2ct.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Until you factor in the fun endgame stats where even pure int mages can reach 25+ dodge
    Then you're looking at luck even more than skill
    Especially with the extreme dmg, one dodge could bring the win in just a one second fight
    And that is why I left PvP. Endgame ... is a luck based game right now. -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I wouldn'tind if my bonus stats were taken away from pvp, but honestly I do want every extra point in pve!!
    Sue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

As a mage with full vanities, I must say I am upset with sts decision in not including bonuses. I have been fighting this issue alongside many others for quite sometime, and unfortunetely it looks like we won't win.

All i can say is this;

My parents were immigrants coming into America( land of oppurtunity). Although many were here before them, they were still granted rights, priveledges, oppurtunity, and equality. It is because of this complete justice and fairness that I am here today, and for that i am grateful. I can assure you, if the same injustice in this game was brought into the real world, 90 percent of us wouldn't be here.

Although this is just a game and I respect sts and their decision, I can't help but bring my morals into anything and everything I do including gaming. I am still hoping alongside many others that we all get a fair chance, so that pvp, pve can be more equal and fun!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kellylita For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kellylita View Post
    As a mage with full vanities, I must say I am upset with sts decision in not including bonuses. I have been fighting this issue alongside many others for quite sometime, and unfortunetely it looks like we won't win.

All i can say is this;

My parents were immigrants coming into America( land of oppurtunity). Although many were here before them, they were still granted rights, priveledges, oppurtunity, and equality. It is because of this complete justice and fairness that I am here today, and for that i am grateful. I can assure you, if the same injustice in this game was brought into the real world, 90 percent of us wouldn't be here.

Although this is just a game and I respect sts and their decision, I can't help but bring my morals into anything and everything I do including gaming. I am still hoping alongside many others that we all get a fair chance, so that pvp, pve can be more equal and fun!
    nice.

Yeah, its always funny how those rallying against a fix of the problem are the ones that want to hold some sort of old advantage form their COPs, etc. It shouldn't affect them at all, but here they are, trying to belittle the efforts of others who are trying to even out the game. I guess they are the "plantation owners" of STS. LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

You must have missed my post? There's no more arguments needed, STS already came out and addressed this issue...what you're doing is simply appealing for reconsideration. You need to know when to raise the white flag comrade.

FACTS:
    1. Bonus Stat for previous elite cap retains (OFFICIAL)
    2. Future Elite caps will not have bonus state (OFFICIAL)

The real question now is, how will Techo Email and gang reconcile both? Interesting right? She threw around different considerations to give us a starting point, such as...
    1. Legacy Cap Vanities (cop,soh,and mfa) in exchange of true vanities + better stat'd ring.
    2. Elite Cap Non-vanity stat'd gears
    3. Elite Cap vanity proc gears
    4. Elite Cap dungeon vanity (happened already)

So instead of going back to the elite bonus stat issue (quite frankly, same arguments over and over since this debate started almost 3 months ago), I suggest you guys put your heads together and make ends meet, yes? Techno Email said again and again she's open for suggestions (that will obviously not go against their official decisions).

I'll go ahead and start..
    My suggestion is, they need to release better rings (either as drops or platinum) that will overlap the bonus stats coming from elite vanity gears. That way, everyone will have equal chance of acquiring them and will make the old vanities obsolete as far as bonus stats. So practically, the legacy vanities will become just for looks since rings will overlap with it if they use it in battle. STS keeps their promise that they will not remove the bonus stats right? But they never promised that they will not release an alternative that will make the legacy elite vanities obsolete. So, let's hear your suggestion? :P Forward thinking guys, c'mon.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 09-05-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Options.
    Yes, new rings with similar stats to match cop, nh, mfa, maybe as part of that new epic quest (similar to snowball & AO )
    An option for those who have first three pieces to craft them to new effect, like, loose extra stats in pvp to gain an effect in pve. Slight luck boost, speed, or a new grafic effect like epic weps can, or an exclusive pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Non-vanity stat'd gear would have limited usefulness, unless they made it so that the stats on that item somehow level up with you as you gain further levels. The desirable aspect of the previous vanity stats is that you have them forever, regardless of what other gear you wore, simply because of the fact that they were vanities. Non-vanity gear is temporary, and will inevitably be eclipsed by future gear. Elite cap vanities with procs is an awesome idea, but doesn't solve anything with regard to stats, which quite frankly is the whole argument. Ditto for the elite dungeons. The rings idea is the only one that sort of makes sense, but even that seems like a bit of a non-solution to me as well, since all you're doing is just shifting the stats from the vanities to the ring.

It seems to me that the same argument will be taking place with any of the options presented thus far. Unfortunately, I don't have any better ideas. Well...I do, but at this point it would be just regurgitating what's already been said. The simplest solution is almost always the best solution if you ask me.
    Last edited by McBain; 09-05-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

This thread was made by the 2nd person who rushes me on 70 pvp -.- I join and boom she rushes. This will go like the Founders Helm will go... And soon will be forgotten. AS you accepted founders accept this too. Noone forces u to wear them but noone forces you to unwear them
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I quit trying to cap.
    I'm happy with it.
    You capped and got elite vanity.
    You should be grateful.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shadow90 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Lol. Ha very mature post pony rider.

Insulting to women too. Classy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Lol. Ha very mature post pony rider.

Insulting to women too. Classy.
    *cough*...Sarcasm...*cough*

Chopper, try not to feed this troll. He posted a post about me to tell the devs or mods to ban me. And, looking at his recent posts, it was obvious he was trying to troll. Don't feed him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sim Jing View Post
    *cough*...Sarcasm...*cough*

Chopper, try not to feed this troll. He posted a post about me to tell the devs or mods to ban me. And, looking at his recent posts, it was obvious he was trying to troll. Don't feed him.
    good point. will do!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kellylita:771950

All i can say is this;

Tbh idont really care that much about elite bonus, the main perk for me is the sparkles, and just like testing to get max hp, dodge armour, or what ever
    But i think trying to compare an online game to real life is kinda ridiculous
    Its more like me complaining, that i didnt have a chance to work in the 90s when the US was at its peak economy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Tbh idont really care that much about elite bonus, the main perk for me is the sparkles, and just like testing to get max hp, dodge armour, or what ever
    Its more like me complaining, that i didnt have a chance to work in the 90s when the US was at its peak economy
    uh, i get the point you were trying to make, but that is a terrible example. It would be like you complaining that you can't work in the 90s at the peak economy, but are forbidden from working now because the economy is now decorative, after you spent $100k in university degrees on the expectation that you'd be allowed to work (and it was being promoted hard to spend that money). Also, there are a number of other people who have time machines that can still work in the 90s RIGHT NOW, out earning you based on the old economy. That would be the closest example if you want to use that analogy. Not so nice, is it. Unfair? Yeah.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Its more like me complaining, that i didnt have a chance to work in the 90s when tohe US was at its peak economy
    Kelly used a remarkable example and clearly explains why in her last paragraph. This is just a really bad counter. -1 to you sir, I think you are selfish young and ignorant. And yes this is coming from someone with a vanity bonus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

STS has finally listened and now Elite Vanities are the same.

Thank you STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    STS has finally listened and now Elite Vanities are the same.

Thank you STS.
    Please, just QUIT this.

You're seriously starting to get annoying.

The discussion is already DEAD, don't try and flame it up again.
    Congrats on winning your side of the debate, now quit shoving it in front of everyone's faces like that.
    Bottom line: Don't beat on a dead horse.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to connerlee12 For This Useful Post: